• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Matt McMuscles] The Lord of The Rings: Gollum - What Happened?

Kadve

Always wondered why Deadelic would even take on such a project or if it was forced onto them. Turns out there really was no reason. They just did it i guess.

Such a bizarre thing for a small development company to do. To take on a project they can't afford or have the experience for.

I guess the executives got the price of the license for cheap and believed anything they would put out would sell millions.

That strategy worked back in 1990 when kids bought games based on how awesome the drawing on the cartridge box looked, but now a days? Did they forget social media exists?

Feel bad for the developers and artists. From the video, it seems they warned management but they kept going on with their plan.

Absolute clowns.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I will buy the game from them, as a show of solidarity... because the employees did the best they could and it was a lot of work, at least they tried and as I saw in a video, they suffered a lot for the development...

And I'll take advantage until I see how much I can bear to play it xD

Topher

Gold Member
Speaking of which...

Isn't it Embracer group?

What could go wrong?

Matthew Broderick GIF

All Lord of the Rings games have been meh, except the 2nd and 3rd movie based game.

I thought Shadow of Mordor was awesome. Either way, looks like the franchise is reaching new lows and I think Buggy Loop Buggy Loop just showed us why.

Last edited:

Aces High

I thought Shadow of Mordor was awesome.
It's a good video game, but it's a bad Lord of the Rings game.

Out of all possibilities the Lord of the Rings license offers, running around in the depressive wasteland of Mordor as some kind of good ghost is among the least interesting things that come to my mind.

dotnotbot

I will buy the game from them, as a show of solidarity... because the employees did the best they could and it was a lot of work, at least they tried and as I saw in a video, they suffered a lot for the development...

And I'll take advantage until I see how much I can bear to play it xD

Well, the problem is you can't help those devs anymore. So by buying this game now, you're giving money to publisher and rights holders who are part of the reason why it failed.

It's a good video game, but it's a bad Lord of the Rings game.

Out of all possibilities the Lord of the Rings license offers, running around in the depressive wasteland of Mordor as some kind of good ghost is among the least interesting things that come to my mind.
Running around in the waste land was only at first time, eventually you move on to greenery, and you only see the ghost when you use a special move.

For many, this is one of the best adventure games. Plus the nemesis system was simply awesome.

I really hope they continue the Saga although at this point, who knows if WB even wants to bother asking for the license.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Except you know... This game started development long before they where bought. This was a direct deal between Deadelic and Middle Earth Enterprises.

Right, I didn’t say Embracer is behind this mess either, but that they now own it and… what could go wrong.

Vlodril

All Lord of the Rings games have been meh, except the 2nd and 3rd movie based game.

There are a lot of Lotr games out there some are decent or good. The mmmo was cool. Return to moria just came out and it's pretty nice. The mordor series personally i didn't like that much but i think most people did.

Madonis

I think they could have made a great classic-style LOTR adventure game even with this same concept, but they were too ambitious without having enough resources.

Last edited:
Top Bottom