• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum Review Thread

Banjo64

cumsessed

36 OC

Scored Reviews​

TechRaptor

6.5 / 10

Nexus Hub

6.5 / 10

Shacknews

6 / 10

Try Hard Guides

5.5 / 10

But Why Tho?

5 / 10

We Got This Covered

2 / 5

Gamer Escape

4 / 10

GGRecon

2 / 5

Twinfinite

1.5 / 5

PCGamesN

3 / 10

Press Start

3 / 10

Inverse

3 / 10

WellPlayed

3 / 10

GameSpot

2 / 10

Push Square

2 / 10

36 MC

Leo9

Lord Of The Rings GIF by Maudit

Drizzlehell

Banned
Oh dear...

I can't wait for Matt McMuscle's to do a video on this, lol. It looks absolutely awful. Plus they have the balls to charge 70 bucks for it?

From Gamespot:
Much like Gollum's quest for the One Ring, my quest to complete The Lord of the Rings: Gollum was full of endless setbacks, impossible odds, and ever-increasing levels of madness. And, like Gollum, my journey was doomed from the start. So if the developers' main goal was to really put you in the shoes of such a pitiful, unloveable character faced with constant pain and suffering at every turn, they were at least successful at that.

Oof.

SaintALia

Yeah someone decided to stream the entire game before release and I saw some of that footage, so pretty much the scores I'd expect. I don't think it looks (that) bad though, sorta reminds me of that goblin stealth game, Styx, but you know, worse.

Hydroxy

Atleast now we have the top contender for the worst game of 2023 lists. Can't wait for Angry Joe review.

In my roughly 11 hours of playtime on "Performance" mode on a PlayStation 5, the game crashed over 120 times (yes, I counted; masochist, remember?), averaging about one crash every five minutes. After my 20th-or-so crash, I got the dreaded "save data corrupted" message, only to realize I'd lost half a day's progress upon reloading. In multiple other instances, game-breaking bugs--such as a companion I was charged with protecting instantly dying over and over again for no discernible reason--forced me to restart entire levels, losing significant progress. Finally, during an especially tedious and time-consuming puzzle, the crashes became too frequent to possibly make it to the next checkpoint in time. Determined though I was to get through to the end and make these setbacks feel worthwhile, I threw in the towel at 40% completion, defeated.

:messenger_hushed:

Top Bottom