• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McConnell Will Force Health Care Vote Next Week

UberTag

This is so scary that they're just trying to ram this garbage through.

My father voted for Trump, even though I had a tumor excised and 23 sessions of radiation three years ago.

Hopefully nothing cancer related pops up again, or fuck me I guess.
If you relapse, be sure to thank your father for helping to kill you. He needs to understand his role in this.

Not

Banned
If you relapse, be sure to thank your father for helping to kill you. He needs to understand his role in this.

White men having a smidgen less power though.

Insanely rich people not being rewarded for cruelty.

Think about the things that are really important here. You'll see where his dad is coming from.

I'm going to explode

KingV

If he puts it to vote, it'll pass. Republicans care about party more than country. They would rather eat a vote on a toxic health care bill than not do what McConnell asks.

And you can be sure that whatever the Senate kicks back to the House will pass there, too.

They might be saying they won't whip the bill. Which means it might not pass.

studyguy

Seems confirmed now, WSJ is reporting it.

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/876909038407217152
Zeke Miller (@ZekeJMiller)
Senate GOP plans health-care vote next week https://t.co/bSsH1EYb8a via @WSJ

WSJ said:
GOP aides and others familiar with the negotiations said they anticipate the bill’s text will be released later this week. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office is expected to release its estimate of the bill’s impact on the federal budget and insurance coverage early next week, and a vote could potentially be held next Thursday, before lawmakers scatter for a one-week recess.

Duxxy3

Sounds like he's sending it out to die, so they can move onto something else that's more popular. Or less unpopular I suppose.

studyguy

"McConnell sending a bill to die" isn't exactly high on the list of things I'd expect from something he's personally spearheaded guys. All the same, we'll see. If they're voting, that means McConnell has it.

boingball

While I don't believe that McConnell is sending the bill out to die I think for the moment it is just posturing to whip the votes. And no one, including McConnell knows what the count is at the moment. Neither Paul (who is the Freedom Caucus in the Senate) nor the Moderates (Collins, ...) have seen the bill and have stated whether they would vote for or against.

"McConnell sending a bill to die" isn't exactly high on the list of things I'd expect from something he's personally spearheaded guys. All the same, we'll see. If they're voting, that means McConnell has it.

They want it gone whether it passes or not. If it's never going to pass, they don't want it hanging over them like a black cloud.

Top Bottom