• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create 17-23 April

cvxfreak

http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

11. 360 / Ninety Nine Nights
12. DS / Densetsu no Starfi 4
13. DS / Kanji Sonomama DS Rakubiki Jiten
14. DS / Mario Kart DS
15. PS2 / Final Fantasy XII
16. PSP / Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Portable
17. PS2 / Pro Baseball Spirits 3
18. PS2 / Pro Baseball Hot Star 2006
19. PSP / Minna no Chizu
20. DS / Yawaraka Atamajuku
21. 360 / Final Fantasy XI All In One Pack 2006
22. PS2 / Guilty Gear XX Slash
23. DS / Tabi no Yubisashi Kaiwachou DS DS Series 3: Kankoku (Korea)
24. PSP / Monster Hunter Portable
25. DS / Seiken Densetsu: CHILDREN OF MANA
26. PS2 / The King of Fighters Orochi Collection
27. GBA / MOTHER 1 + 2
28. DS / Daredemo Asobi Taizen
29. DS / Tabi no Yubisashi Kaiwachou DS DS Series 2: Chuugoku (China)
30. PS2 / Another Century's Episode 2

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
cvxfreak said:

14. DS / Mario Kart DS
19. PSP / Minna no Chizu
27. GBA / MOTHER 1 + 2
29. DS / Tabi no Yubisashi Kaiwachou DS DS Series 3: Chuugoku (China)

Suda just signed up for some more anime based liscences - he hears the bill collectors coming.

CoM: Another 10k?

osyrus

What the hell are these?! :lol

Terrell

SailorDaravon said:
Decent numbers for Mother considering the cult fanbase, but I don't think this one has huge legs like say Animal Crossing. I don't think it'll do more than 400k lifetime, which certainly isn't bad by any means though. Aside from fan expectations, was the game really expected to sell huge in Japan or anything? I can't think it cost them that much to make or anything.
Well, the thing with Mother 3 sales is that not EVERY region of Japan is going to sell out... 300K isn't centralized at one store, so the entire initial shipment was highly unlikely to sell out... but it is an incredibly high number. Bigger shipments of the title are set for distribution before Golden Week, so...

osyrus said:

Dictionary software... Korean and Chinese, to be precise. The big seller, English, isn't gonna hit until the next chart.

argon

osyrus said:

I believe those are Touch Generations! titles by Nintendo. Thai / Chinese / Korean phrasebooks for travelling.

Terrell

osyrus said:
Who's developing/publishing the dictionary software?
Nintendo. It's part of the Touch Generations lineup.

Speaking of which, Tetris DS, another Touch Generations title, will likely fare a lot stronger in Japan than it did here. Mind you, I expect Tetris DS sales to spike after this Brain Age phenomenon. These older gamers will want to buy something they're more comfortable with.

Busaiku

cvxfreak said:

14. DS / Mario Kart DS
19. PSP / Minna no Chizu
27. GBA / MOTHER 1 + 2
29. DS / Tabi no Yubisashi Kaiwachou DS DS Series 2: Chuugoku (China)
Poor Children Of Mana.

cvxfreak

Dengeki:

Mother 3: 156,000 (yes, they fucked up, *again*)
Mother 1 + 2: 135,000 / 309,000
Dragon Quest Shonen Yangus: 148,000
Dragon Quest Torneko: 282,000 / 538,000
Final Fantasy XI expansion: 81,000
Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai: 61,000
Okami: 58,000
N3: 26,000

Dengeki expects WE10 and Tetris DS to make for a better Golden Week than last year.

osyrus said:

Also, they're super super cheap.

Terrell

jj984jj said:
What?

Crappy PS1 port worse than the original on superior hardware deserves to do worse. Poor VPL my ass.
Ehh, personal taste, I guess. Valkyrie Profile on-the-go just appealed to me more than CoM. I knew it'd do worse than CoM, but not THAT worse... so I pity it a little.

really nice for animal crossing and mario kart still selling after all this time. and of course now that i enjoy the american release of brain age i am not upset about the japanese version being successful!

what happened to final fantasy 12? damn...

is that dragonball PSP game supposed to be any good?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Terrell said:
Ehh, personal taste, I guess. Valkyrie Profile on-the-go just appealed to me more than CoM. I knew it'd do worse than CoM, but not THAT worse... so I pity it a little.
I can uderstand the appeal of VP on the go, but not when it's a downgraded port on superior hardware, there is just no excuse for that.

mutsu

CoM isn't the best game in the world, and not at all a good entry in the series, simple as that, so it deserves its lower than expected sales.

Word of mouth do travel quite fast nowadays and this really does hurt sales of a game.

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
Amir0x said:
People said it wasn't very good anyway. Wait until Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey!

But the question stands, will they sell? we'll have to wait and see.

ioi

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Jonny, I only took the time to read your avatar today, but:

:lol :lol :lol

What does it say?

For people asking about COM, well neo said MHP did around 7.5k and it's below that (I know we are talking slightly different sources but i think it's a reasonable thing to say) so around 7kish this week?

I don't know how bad Dengeki messed up but as it shows there Mother 3 is only slightly ahead of 1+2's first week!

Tetris DS is going to be big next week, don't worry about that!! Dictionary games didn't do great, but then I guess they weren't really expected to.

I find it interesting that Pokemon Ranger is still up there. It's like the 2nd traditional DS game to sell big other than Mario Kart DS in Japan. I guess the increasing instal base is helping this of course.

Well what about Jump Superstars, Slime MoriMori, Naruto etc?

Animal Crossing perhaps is slipping, but of course it'll jump back up next week. Earthhbound actually kind of low imo. if it was near #1 on Famitsu's Top 10 but only sold this much, what will happen with Zelda at #10 etc?

ioi

Banned
LanceStern said:
Well what about Jump Superstars, Slime MoriMori, Naruto etc?

Animal Crossing perhaps is slipping, but of course it'll jump back up next week. Earthhbound actually kind of low imo. if it was near #1 on Famitsu's Top 10 but only sold this much, what will happen with Zelda at #10 etc?

Well we know the Famitsu most wanted isn't a good indicator of sales, only really what the hardcore in japan are waiting for. Pokemon won't get near the top 10 and yet still sell crazy numbers.

It's more comparing to previous Mothers that I am disappointed. Mother 2 did around 850k, and even Mother 1+2 sold around 170k week 1 (380k total, 40k of that being the recent budget release which is still going strong) so Mother 3 is going to struggle to outsell it by much, 450k tops I reckon (with a relatively strong golden week- very similar to Romancing Saga PS2 this time last year- will be a close comparison I think).

I think Tetris next week will push DS back up a bit, but Animal Crossing does seem to be slowing now. And I wouldn't say Pokemon Ranger has been selling that amazingly well so far, although it will have decent legs and should do 500k without much trouble (more than Mother 3 most likely).

Kittonwy

Banned
cvxfreak said:

Almost made TOP TEN!!! That's pretty solid... if not SPECTACULAR!!!
angry.gif

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
what is the most 2m+ selling games that a console has had in the weekly Japanese top10?

duckroll

Yay! I would like to point out that this time I was the only one to get all the titles in the top10 right! The positions were not entirely exactly but everyone else's top10 and top15 charts didn't even have the right titles! Including ioi! :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3120017&postcount=107

Jonnyram said:
No. Korean labour is dirt cheap.
gladtomeetya.gif

So you're now agreeing that Miz took the remaining 45 million USD from MS and invested in his personal harem? :lol

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
duckroll said:
Yay! I would like to point out that this time I was the only one to get all the titles in the top10 right! The positions were not entirely exactly but everyone else's top10 and top15 charts didn't even have the right titles! Including ioi! :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3120017&postcount=107

So you're now agreeing that Miz took the remaining 45 million USD from MS and invested in his personal harem? :lol

Yeah, but after Chrono Trigger DS, you still lose :(

Good picks though!

cvxfreak

ioi, it's possible that Pokemon Ranger might pick up once its relationship to the real Diamond and Pearl are revealed. Pokemon Ranger is also the name of the upcoming movie, which might give it a good boost as well. I'm honestly expecting it to top Fushigi no Dungeon Blue if it lasts long.

lancubap

EDIT: OK. It is clear, please don't answer me anymore.

EDIT 2: This post must not be a start of a new war, so I delete it.
I was just curious about Monorojo's Ban, nothing less, nothing more.

Top Bottom