• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11 - 17 Dec (Nintendo shows MC its Pokemans)

Pud

Banned
kisakiproject said:
I've never played dragon quest 1. Thats true. But it was told to me under my characteristics it would not be a JRPG. I never said that. I said genre grow to change over time. However, I don't see how DQ1 wouldn't fit under what I said was a JRPG. I was speaking about how FF1 is more like a D&D game than modern JRPG norms. How things have changed drastically in the series. I was assuming that DQ had changed as well. But if nothing has changed in the series then yes the original would fit in fine with modern JRPGS.

And again are you missing the fact that we got back on topic. But I guess you ahd to bring it up because your opinion is some how devine and needed to be stated even though lots of people said what you already said.

As for banning. If you ban people that say "non-game" don;t forget to ban the nintentards while your at it.

Your opinions are offensive to my eyes. The 'non-game' phenomena on this board is one of the weakest trolling attempts I've seen in a long time, almost as weak as the term "nintentards".

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Kureishima said:
I care not about your desire to deviate from this point you "pulled up" and now wish to disregard so easily when it was previously of most import. Only when it is convenient for you would you like to jump on this lifeboat and sail away? Nah. I'll be the anchor that holds you to your words.

Holy shit, that's beautiful man.

ElFly

Dragon Quest IS the JRPG genre. It created the genre, it defines the genre. Anyone who says otherwise is just ignorant.

Pokemon sells more than other jrpgs because it is a better game. It has a deep, long, yet simple single player mode, and a complex, fascinating multiplayer mode. When it was first released, it didn't sell that well, and only by word of mouth it keep selling and selling for months, until nintendo realized they had a goldmine in their hands.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Having jumped to the last page of this thread, I shall now predict, using my stupefyingly amazorific powers of prediction, that LanceStern was once again trying to determine the success (or failure) of a particular video game based upon whether or not it achieved a totally arbitrary number of sales.

I shall also guess that game to be Zelda.

Taurus

fortified_concept said:
Where the **** is Zelda? The Japanese charts are trying to match the stupidity of the UK ones nowadays. Seriously WTF?
Not enough consoles. About 40-50% japanese Wii owners have Zelda, so it's not that bad. Just wait few weeks to see it get the sales it deserves.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
kisakiproject said:
The problem with these boards is after 10 years of getting destroyed nintendo fans have decided its time to be the biggets dicks ever as payback for all the shit sony fanboys gave them.

Again, nintendo fanboys are liek radical islam of gaming. If you say the slightest thing against them they freak out about how your trolling. Instead of wanting open discussion they want to ban anyone that says anything other than what they want to hear.

Does this forum have a report option?

Taurus

kisakiproject said:
The problem with these boards is after 10 years of getting destroyed nintendo fans have decided its time to be the biggets dicks ever as payback for all the shit sony fanboys gave them.

Again, nintendo fanboys are liek radical islam of gaming. If you say the slightest thing against them they freak out about how your trolling. Instead of wanting open discussion they want to ban anyone that says anything other than what they want to hear.
Just go away.

Pud

Banned
Nintendo fans = radical islamists. OK, now where are the mods when you need them? WHO'S ruining the forums, now? You're offending a lot more than "nintentards" as you put it.

Point taken. I apologize. I got way to caried away after people bringing up the JRPG discussion after it settled down and we got back on topic.

Stealth

kisakiproject said:

Have a nice holiday sir.

On topic: can't wait to see if PS3/360 sales. Blue Dragon still sold pretty well, wonder if it did much for hardware.

kisakiproject said:
Again, nintendo fanboys are liek radical islam of gaming..

oh20shit20keyck6.jpg

monkeyrun

kisakiproject said:

Go back to Jesus Camp.

Thanks

Xeke

Banned
kisakiproject said:

:lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
kisakiproject said:
Again, nintendo fanboys are liek radical islam of gaming.

In all my years of speaking English, I've never been able to find the words to express my feelings for nintendo fanboys! This is....

...not how I'd do it at all!

Leonsito

DSL 319,708
Wii 108,237
PS3 70,942
PSP 48,962
PS2 37,730
Xbox360 17,168
GBASP 1,867
GBM 1,491
GC 1,152
DS 158
GBA 42
Xbox 3

Edit: Zelda @ #33

DeaconKnowledge said:
Interesting that you're so quick to change the subject, considering your "Nintendards" rally cry brought no one.

I swear I didnt wanna get off subject. It appears I got owned.

Leonsito said:
DSL 319,708
Wii 108,237
PS3 70,942
PSP 48,962

PS2 37,730
Xbox360 17,168
GBASP 1,867
GBM 1,491
GC 1,152
DS 158
GBA 42
Xbox 3

Wii seems to have picked up speed again. Hoepfully it will grow with time. PS3 will so against all odd it seems. DSL shortages? 360 niche market?

OmegaRed

Leonsito said:
DSL 319,708
Wii 108,237
PS3 70,942
PSP 48,962
PS2 37,730
Xbox360 17,168
GBASP 1,867
GBM 1,491
GC 1,152
DS 158
GBA 42
Xbox 3

Are those real HW numbers are predictions?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Leonsito said:
DSL 319,708
Wii 108,237
PS3 70,942
PSP 48,962
PS2 37,730
Xbox360 17,168
GBASP 1,867
GBM 1,491
GC 1,152
DS 158
GBA 42
Xbox 3

PS3 not doing too badly. Wii sailing along.

360 drops off a bit. :\

Avalon

Leonsito said:
DSL 319,708
Wii 108,237
PS3 70,942
PSP 48,962
PS2 37,730
Xbox360 17,168
GBASP 1,867
GBM 1,491
GC 1,152
DS 158
GBA 42
Xbox 3

Wow, PS3 is doing bad at all.

Ouch at Zelda.

Nothing really interesting i suppose, PSP sales went up quite a bit while DS just continues to dominate.

Pretty steady and healthy PS3 and Wii sales :p

01. DSL 319,708 (+ 3,3%)
02. Wii 108,237 (+ 26,7%)
03. PS3 70,942 (+ 41,4%)
04. PSP 48,962 (+ 69,2%)
05. PS2 37,730 (+ 23,9%)
06. Xbox360 17,168 (- 51,4%)

Yamauchi

Banned
Wii shipment is a little bigger than I expected, but I hope Nintendo can ship about 300k over the next two weeks since they're going to be huge.

enishi

davepoobond said:
that's a high PSP number...

but is there a christmas sort of thing happening in Japan?

I don't think so. Last year for the same week, PSP went up over 90k when there was no major title released (although it was 3rd week of Monster Hunter). It has Winning Eleven 10 this year...

And I think recall of wrist-strap hurts Wii shipment? Or Nintendo has logistic problem again?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Looks like the ps3\wii battle is going to be a fun one. Nintendo again has been undershipping here. Couldn't find a DS or a Wii if you looked all day.

In other news, You can find controllers!

Leonsito said:
DSL 319,708
Wii 108,237
PS3 70,942
PSP 48,962
PS2 37,730
Xbox360 17,168
GBASP 1,867
GBM 1,491
GC 1,152
DS 158
GBA 42
Xbox 3

Damn. PS3 is doing much better than I thought it would.

DS is ****ing insane, as usual. Also the Wii's numbers are great; I'm guessing it's still having shipment issues but they're definitely better this week.

I expect the 360 to stay above 10,000/week for the rest of 2006

Leonsito said:
DSL 319,708
Wii 108,237
PS3 70,942
PSP 48,962
PS2 37,730
Xbox360 17,168
GBASP 1,867
GBM 1,491
GC 1,152
DS 158
GBA 42
Xbox 3

Humm, either PS3 is picking up momentum or Wii is severly being undershipped. More likely the latter. DSL hasnt stopped at all. 360 hasnt slipped too badly off. PSP doing better than usual. PS2, while up on week to week sales, is probably going to go off the radar by February 2007. I still wonder, who's picking up those 3 Xbox's every week? :lol

Top Bottom