• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11 - 17 Dec (Nintendo shows MC its Pokemans)

Yamauchi

Banned
PS3 and Wii are selling exactly what they are shipping. It has nothing to do with demand for either one, which is far more than supply.

Striek

Surprisingly high all around. Xbox 3, wow! X360 number is what is actually impressive to me though. Blue Dragon may not have saved it, but it moved a respectable amount of hardware (proviso being on 360, of course).

Elios83

I'm glad that Sony is really solving its production problems just one month after launch, but people here still don't understand that the real battle between Wii and PS3 starts when both are over 1 million units.Right now Sony and Nintendo are selling all they can ship to the respective fans.
As expected Blu Dragon was a straw fire for Xbox360, as soon as next year begin it will be again selling its weekly 2k units.It's not a matter of the quality of the product,it's a social problem :lol
As for DS, wasn't it supposed to have sold more than 400k units this week?

Yamauchi

Banned
Amazon JP seems to be getting regular shipments of the Wii, as it has been shooting up to #1 on their sales list about once a day for the last week.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yamauchi said:
Amazon JP seems to be getting regular shipments of the Wii, as it has been shooting up to #1 on their sales list about once a day for the last week.

Is that really an accurate measure of anything?

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Zelda TP was at > 200k through last week which means nearly 40% attach rate. Not bad at all.
DS sales are lower than expected and Wii sales are higher than what I thought it would be.
360 sales are disappointing just like before and will drop below 2k come next year.
PS3 sales are good, it seems it can reach 500k by the end of the year.
PSP sales are meh.

Y2Kev

Yamauchi said:
It's a measure of nothing except what I said, which is that Japan's Amazon seems to be getting regular shipments.

D'oh. I see people point to it often and I just don't think it is representative of anything major.

Yamauchi said:

Well, you cant find a Wii anywhere in Japan, given from what everyone has said, so it being #1 isnt surprising.

I'd like to make a little announcement.

*ahem*

STOP POSTING ****ING BULLSHIT OR PLEASE GO STRAIGHT TO BAN.

ALL PEOPLE CONTINUING TO BITCH ABOUT ZELDA SALES (WHICH HAVE A 50% ATTACH ****ING RATE THAT OTHER GAMES CAN ONLY DREAM OF) WILL GET BANNED.

That is all.

Numbers wise, there is not much to say, as Wii, DS, and PS3 are selling everything they are shipping. It's a shame Nintendo can't get even more DS Lites into stores, but 300k is still a great number.

360 is slightly higher than I would have expected (12k) but its gonna drop off pretty fast, I would imagine.

All in all, no surprises in the hw numbers.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Interesting that you're so quick to change the subject, considering your "Nintendards" rally cry brought no one.

Notice a trend?

Ah yes, hardware numbers are in.

I have to say the DS could have done more, but with the advent of neo-hardware, I don't blame the public for choosing another item to spend the Yen on.

However, I don't think Wii/Ps3 numbers will be overly interesting until... well, shipments are regular and capable of keeping demand. Until then, I can't say I'm particularly excited about either numbers.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
17k for X360 is still damn good when you realize they've been doing 2-4k during the whole year. Blue Dragon gave them a nice boost, after the minor boosts from DOAX2 and Culdcept Saga. The drop-off is expected in Blue Dragon's 2nd week. Next week I expect to see Lost Planet cause X360 to sell more than 17k. After that it becomes less clear when the typical spring drought sets in. Idolmaster *might* do well though.

starship

I don't know why everyone say 360 sales are high or Blue Dragon will save it in Japan.
17k for this time of the year is ridiculously low, about as low as what Xbox sales were back in the day.

MC 09.12. - 15.12.02
Xbox 13.400

MC 16.12. - 22.12.02
Xbox 16.200

It will drop below 2k in early 2007.

Y2Kev

starship said:
I don't know why everyone say 360 sales are high or Blue Dragon will save it in Japan.
17k for this time of the year is ridiculously low, about as low as what Xbox sales were back in the day.

MC 09.12. - 15.12.02
Xbox 13.400

MC 16.12. - 22.12.02
Xbox 16.200

...rise to heaven?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
mc-sales-061211.jpg

mc-marketshare-061211.jpg

AniHawk

PSP is WAY DOWN from last year (where it almost hit 100k).

DS is also down about 80k from last year, but that's due to a supply problem and not a demand problem.

Wii sales are higher than I thought.

PS3 sales are higher than I thought.

PS2 is on its way out.

Odysseus

Banned
AniHawk said:
PSP is WAY DOWN from last year (where it almost hit 100k).

DS is also down about 80k from last year, but that's due to a supply problem and not a demand problem.

Wii sales are higher than I thought.

PS3 sales are higher than I thought.

PS2 is on its way out.

And Xbox is holding on strong.

Krowley

I can't understand how they track such small numbers on the xbox 1.. They must have a pretty sophisticated system for tracking sales there.

starship

Dragona Akehi said:

*ahem*

ALL PEOPLE CONTINUING TO BITCH ABOUT ZELDA SALES (WHICH HAVE A 50% ATTACH ****ING RATE THAT OTHER GAMES CAN ONLY DREAM OF) WILL GET BANNED.

That is all.
Thanks Dragona, now we won't see those silly comments anymore.

Dragona Akehi said:

*ahem*

That is all.

Im glad this is finally posted.

So I gotta ask, if Blue Dragon dropped all the way to #46 (now there's a freakin' bomba, Blue Dragon 2 for DS confirmed), and 360 didn't have a single other game in the top 50....who the hell's buying 17,000 360s?

Brak

So there are now ~308,000 PS3 units sold in Japan, where the hell are the software sales? The games might not be great, but jesus tapdancing christ. This is not a good start for a generation which will likely see development costs skyrocket. Who's going to pay for all of these CG blockbusters?

also- Dragona <3 <3 <3 <3

Odysseus

Banned
BrodiemanTTR said:
So I gotta ask, if Blue Dragon dropped all the way to #46 (now there's a freakin' bomba, Blue Dragon 2 for DS confirmed), and 360 didn't have a single other game in the top 50....who the hell's buying 17,000 360s?

Blue Dragon bundle

BrodiemanTTR said:
I am wondering the same damn thing, quite frankly.

Maybe even at #46, Blue Dragon did 15,000 copies?

BrodiemanTTR said:

I don't think people should scoff at 17k units for the 360. Sure it's at #46. but the curve for units sold is higher now.

Comparitively that's pretty good.
However, all thos "Blue Dragon will save the 360" comments....

Joe Molotov

BrodiemanTTR said:

It's a Christmas miracle!

apujanata

Leonsito said:
DSL 319,708

Ladies & Gentleman, point to ponder :
- Nintendo announced that there will 1.5 Million DSL available for sales in Dec 2006.
- Sales of DSL(+DS) so far is 806,704 (for three weeks of Nov 27 - Dec 17), or 629,663 (for two weeks of Dec 4 - 17). Since sales of the last two weeks of 2006 is slightly lower (about 80K lower) than comparative weeks of 2005, then the available DSL in 2006 is HIGHER than 2005. That means :

there is high possibility that DSL(+DS) sales in week 18-24 (this week) could be higher than the explosive 597,628 that were achieved in Dec 19-25, 2005.

apujanata

starship said:

MC 09.12. - 15.12.02
Xbox 13.400

MC 16.12. - 22.12.02
Xbox 16.200

You forgot the fact that Dec 2002 is the first christmas for XBOX, while Dec 2006 is the second christmas for XBOX360.

Taurus

Private Hoffman said:
Another chart would be nice to compare Japanese Wii LTD and Gamecube LTD sales. :)
I like pie too! Can I have one where there is all Nintendo HW (DSL + Wii etc), Sony HW and MS HW. I'm predicting it could be a pac-man chart closing its mouth for good... for good! :lol

P.s A pie in 3 pieces if I didn't make myself clear.

P90

I wonder how far the DSL sales will drop when the hardcore gamers stop giving it the launch "honeymoon". j/k

p.s. thanks Dragona.

starship

apujanata said:
You forgot the fact that Dec 2002 is the first christmas for XBOX, while Dec 2006 is the second christmas for XBOX360.
Does it matter at all?

Top Bottom