• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 10, 2015 (Mar 02 - Mar 08)

small44

Here's the PSP duo:
PSP : Digimon World Re:Digitize ( Bandai Namco ) { 2012-07-19 } - 73,468 / 153,980
PSP : Digimon Adventure ( Bandai Namco ) { 2013-01-17 } - 45,438 / 80,833

While Cyber Sleuth isn't a sequel or even developed by the same studio, it's kind of a followup to Re:Digitize. Both are re-imaginings of their respective Digimon game series with art by Suzuhito Yasuda.

IIRC neither of those had a Digimon anime on the air to promote them. Though Re:Digitize may have caught the tail end of Xros Wars.

I think Vita Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth have a chance to outsold psp Digimon games at least first week it's has 110 points i think it can be translate to 80k-90k first week

Btw:

[3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - 7.083 / 2.268.793 (+3%)
[3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - 5.758 / 2.514.136 (+11%)

It's really surprising to see SSB having those legs. 7k units almost 6 months after launch, and well after holidays are really worth the evergreen label. Also MH4G is doing well, already cross the 2,5m mark and still having legs.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So even ignoring all the other conceptual issues with Disney licensing their stuff exclusively to Nintendo when they make lots of money licensing Marvel to everyone from mobile devs to Namco Bandai and a few bigger deals like Star Wars core games to EA, Disbey actually wouldn't benefit much from a merchandizing deal since they outsource much of that themselves anyway.

For example they gave the exclusive Frozen toy license to Hasbro: http://www.wsj.com/articles/hasbro-to-partner-with-disney-to-make-princess-frozen-dolls-1411569855

If they're a company that licenses out merchandizing, what benefit do they get making merchandise for Nintendo?

If you want to read about how Disney handles merchandizing and brand awareness for Marvel for example, go here: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/m...age-of-ultron-make-the-big-bigger-1201449832/

duckroll

So, in the latest chapter of the Demise of ImageEpoch, it seems that the producer of Stella Glow, Hideyuki Mizutani, isn't even at the company anymore. He was formally a Marvelous producer who worked with ImageEpoch on their earlier titles like Arc Rise Fantasia and the Luminous Arc games. At some point he joined ImageEpoch and produced both Fate/Extra games, SoniPro, and Stella Glow.

https://twitter.com/ILCA_jp/status/576238252169895936

According to this tweet from ILCA, he is now a producer at their company. ILCA is a multimedia entertainment firm which mostly deals in CG animation and design, working on 3DCG graphics and effects for anime, commercials, and games.

Three

So, in the latest chapter of the Demise of ImageEpoch, it seems that the producer of Stella Glow, Hideyuki Mizutani, isn't even at the company anymore. He was formally a Marvelous producer who worked with ImageEpoch on their earlier titles like Arc Rise Fantasia and the Luminous Arc games. At some point he joined ImageEpoch and produced both Fate/Extra games, SoniPro, and Stella Glow.

According to this tweet from ILCA, he is now a producer at their company. ILCA is a multimedia entertainment firm which mostly deals in CG animation and design, working on 3DCG graphics and effects for anime, commercials, and games.

Nice investigative work duckroll.

Three

I'd like to think that digital sales make up the numbers since it's so convenient to purchase games on PSN for PS4.

Still, DQH on track to reach 800k LTD?

With the speeds they get there it's probably done in minutes too.

Lol, this wasn't investigative work. It was all over the JP gaming blogs today. But yeah I thought some people might be interested. :p

Thanks in any case because I certainly wouldn't have heard about it otherwise.

Must've been like the last week or so, since the other day in Famitsu, he spoke with them about Stella Glow's delay and still being credited as Producer:

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/imageepoch-clarifies-stella-glow-delay

duckroll

Must've been like the last week or so, since the other day in Famitsu, he spoke with them about Stella Glow's delay and still being credited as Producer:

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/imageepoch-clarifies-stella-glow-delay

No, he is the producer of Stella Glow. The game is done. It was finished in November. His interview with Famitsu is what ILCA is linking to here, because they always promote any mention of their staff producers in the media as a form of awareness.

Spiegel

Digimon seems to be doing pretty good at retail. It might debut better than the psp games.

On a related note, anyone knows when was the last time SCEJ announced a Vita game?
I want to say Soul Sacrifice Delta back in 2013, but I'm not sure.

And the last one released was Oreshika in July, I think,... I find this mindblowing in a bad sense.

Oregano

Digimon seems to be doing pretty good at retail. It might debut better than the psp games.

On a related note, anyone knows when was the last time SCEJ announced a Vita game?

And the last one released was Oreshika in July, I think,... I find this mindblowing in a bad sense.

How many games does SCE have announced for Vita overall? The Revelaitons port is probably the biggest at the moment, which kinda says something.

Spiegel

How many games does SCE have announced for Vita overall? The Revelaitons port is probably the biggest at the moment, which kinda says something.

SCEE and SCEA not supporting the system is to be expected at this point. The thing that surprises me is how 18 months can pass with no announcements from SCEJ. Not even a small, outsourced downloadable game.

duckroll

SCEE and SCEA not supporting the system is to be expected at this point. The thing that surprises me is how 18 months can pass with no announcements from SCEJ. Not even a small, outsourced downloadable game.

Really? It surprises you that SCEJA seems incompetent and has a problem with output? Really? :)

Oregano

Well I would argue they don't really need to. Third parties are more than picking up the slack.

Of course t he lack of Soul Sacrifice 2 and/or Freedom Wars update is weird.

Really? It surprises you that SCEJA seems incompetent and has a problem with output? Really? :)

Brutal.

Scum

So even ignoring all the other conceptual issues with Disney licensing their stuff exclusively to Nintendo when they make lots of money licensing Marvel to everyone from mobile devs to Namco Bandai and a few bigger deals like Star Wars core games to EA, Disbey actually wouldn't benefit much from a merchandizing deal since they outsource much of that themselves anyway.

For example they gave the exclusive Frozen toy license to Hasbro: http://www.wsj.com/articles/hasbro-to-partner-with-disney-to-make-princess-frozen-dolls-1411569855

If they're a company that licenses out merchandizing, what benefit do they get making merchandise for Nintendo?

If you want to read about how Disney handles merchandizing and brand awareness for Marvel for example, go here: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/m...age-of-ultron-make-the-big-bigger-1201449832/

Wouldn't it be better the other way round? Splatoon cartoons by Disney, perhaps? Featured length animated Legend of Zelda??

Hellraider

Of course t he lack of Soul Sacrifice 2 and/or Freedom Wars update is weird.

Wouldn't suprise me if the reason for a Freedom Wars lack of expansion as of yet is because of a PS4 version. If third parties are doing the same, no reason for Sony not to.
I want to say the same for Soul Sacrifice but that one could just be dead.

Or, you know, SCEJA being incompetent and shit.

Kyoufu

It really does. Seriously.

I expect SCEJA to be worthless and incompetent all the time, but not at this level.

I agree that SCEJA are incompetent, but just because they're not supporting Vita doesn't mean they're worthless. Their top priority is getting software out for PS4, a product that is making them money.

I would be asking questions if they chose to support a platform that is merely doing "OK" in one small region over a platform which is doing gangbusters worldwide.

Oregano

Wouldn't suprise me if the reason for a Freedom Wars lack of expansion as of yet is because of a PS4 version. If third parties are doing the same, no reason for Sony not to.
I want to say the same for Soul Sacrifice but that one could just be dead.

Or, you know, SCEJA being incompetent and shit.

Yeah I would expect a PS4 version too, and it could be announced any day now. Still it's been like eight months or something since the game released?

Eolz

Was Gravity Rush 2 announced 18 months ago already? But well, we know that this game may switch platforms...

Does SCEJ have anything officially annouced outside of Last Guardian ?

Spiegel

I agree that SCEJA are incompetent, but just because they're not supporting Vita doesn't mean they're worthless. Their top priority is getting software out for PS4, a product that is making them money.

I would be asking questions if they chose to support a platform that is merely doing "OK" in one small region over a platform which is doing gangbusters worldwide.

They are worthless. Vita is an active platform and it's in the best interest of Sony to keep supporting it in Japan while third parties still want to put games for it. At least for now. The system is just 3 years old and Freedom Wars was their best selling new IP in a long time.

It doesn't have to be anything big or internally developed, but as a first party Sony should be trying to make some games for the system to pad the release droughts.

Kyoufu

They are worthless. Vita is an active platform and it's in the best interest of Sony to keep supporting it in Japan while third parties still want to put games for it. At least for now. The system is just 3 years old and Freedom Wars was their best selling new IP in a long time.

It doesn't have to be anything big or internally developed, but as a first party Sony should be trying to make some games for the system to pad the release droughts.

Sony's best interest and Vita do not belong in the same sentence or discussion. :p

I think they're far more interested in putting the spotlight back on console gaming in Japan. I don't blame them either when it's very difficult to compete with Nintendo in the handheld space. Right now they're playing to their strengths and that is no bad thing.

Kyoufu

We haven't seen much of that either.

Knack, Bloodborne, Minna no Golf, Gravity Rush as well as working with 3rd parties such as Capcom. Sure we have. Are they slow? Yes, that's why I think they're incompetent, but worthless? Hardly.

Oregano

Japenese third parties aren't really abandoning Vita though regardless of first party support. You only have to look at Danganronpa.

On a completely unrelated note, from the Reggie Forbes interview:

Reggie said:
Launching an upgraded 3DS rather than a new handheld system also allows developers to continue working with what they know. “For us to do a brand new hardware platform we have to be communicating to developers two years in advance,” he said.

Kinda interesting timeframe he lays out there, isn't it?

Eolz

On a completely unrelated note, from the Reggie Forbes interview:

Kinda interesting timeframe he lays out there, isn't it?

Yep. And it's well-known that not every developer know those plans at the same time too, be it with Nintendo or others.

mao2

Are Persona dancing pre-order open?
Yes, pre-orders started last month.

RIP Imageepoch...

Oregano

Yep. And it's well-known that not every developer know those plans at the same time too, be it with Nintendo or others.

Yeah, internal devs obviously know before external and strong partners(like Capcom) will know before other third parties.

I was referring more to how Reggie gave a specific two year timeframe in relation to talking about why they launched the N3DS. Implies to me that the successor is <2 years away. That might be somewhat obvious considering Iwata's comments about 2016 profits though.

L~A

I think it's pretty obvious that 2016 will be the year... 2015 would be too early, and 2017 way too late.

By the way, did we ever got any news on that KanColle PSV game, other than its delay? I haven't seen it mentionned at all in the past few weeks/months.

duckroll

I think it's pretty obvious that 2016 will be the year... 2015 would be too early, and 2017 way too late.

By the way, did we ever got any news on that KanColle PSV game, other than its delay? I haven't seen it mentionned at all in the past few weeks/months.

It's coming out in May and there'll be a LE Vita model released for it too. No specific date or details yet.

I think the next Nintendo hardware will be end of 2016 earliest. They're probably not going to talk about one at all this year, and next year they'll announce it and release it towards the tail end, maybe in November.

Oregano

It's coming out in May and there'll be a LE Vita model released for it too. No specific date or details yet.

I think the next Nintendo hardware will be end of 2016 earliest. They're probably not going to talk about one at all this year, and next year they'll announce it and release it towards the tail end, maybe in November.

I think they might actually announce it this year, depending on how things go. The 3DS and Wii U were both announced to get ahead of rumours and leaks. Of course we haven't heard any scuttlebutt from GDC so maybe they'll be able to keep it under wraps.

I think they might actually announce it this year, depending on how things go. The 3DS and Wii U were both announced to get ahead of rumours and leaks. Of course we haven't heard any scuttlebutt from GDC so maybe they'll be able to keep it under wraps.

I swore we got Wii U rumors prior to its announcement in April 2011?

Are people acting like SCEJ ever cared about handheld gaming? Its support was pretty barren even on PSP, which was selling way better than PSV. Outside Minna no Golf -and PSV has one- and Gran Turismo, all the other games were pretty low-profile, and some of them succeeded because of the huge installed base.

We haven't seen much of that either.

Well at least they have put out a PS4 game. We haven't seen a MM PS4 game, an ND PS4 game (TLoU was a port), a PD PS4 game, a SSM PS4 game....

SCEJ does a lot of collabs but I doubt that puts too much strain on their internal teams even though there's quite a few of them. What I gather they are working on:

The Last Guardian (Team ICO)
Gravity Rush 2 (Team Siren)
AAA JRPG (rumoured)(everyone else?)

I can't see them tackling more than 3 big projects at once and yes I know this team thing is not a set group of devs.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

are you betting on a wiiu still barely active until early 17, or are you betting on simultaneous releses?

duckroll

are you betting on a wiiu still barely active until early 17, or are you betting on simultaneous releses?

I honestly don't know right now. I just feel that Nintendo doesn't know what they should do next in terms of consoles. The WiiU is barely active now, so it's not going to be active in any sense in 2017. Random thought: What if Nintendo drops traditional consoles entirely?

ZhugeEX

Banned
I honestly don't know right now. I just feel that Nintendo doesn't know what they should do next in terms of consoles. The WiiU is barely active now, so it's not going to be active in any sense in 2017. Random thought: What if Nintendo drops traditional consoles entirely?

Well it's been almost 10 years since Nintendo released a home console, and no, an add on to the Wii doesn't count.

I'm kidding,

Sandfox

Nintendo will probably give it minimal support until the replacement is released.

Top Bottom