• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 11, 2015 (Mar 09 - Mar 15)

Javin98

Banned
Those numbers are still far from being amazing to rejoice like that. It's nice but nothing worth posting gifs over really.
LOL, just because sales aren't amazing doesn't mean we can't post GIF's, right? The PS4 was still #1 last week after all

Mikey Jr.

Yes, Xbone is dead in japan. This info is really nothing new nor surprising.

I doubt even dragon quest 11 exclusive would do much for it to be honest.

I wonder if this hold for the ps4 is permanent or not, or are we expecting another big drop after bloodborne?

Kikujiro

That's low for Yakuza 0 isn't ? Or 0 is not a main Yakuza?

More main than Ishin for sure, like the Musous series there's definitely some franchise fatigue. I'm sure Yakuza 6 will do better with a new cast and maybe a new city, but reaching Yakuza 5 numbers will be tough.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Oh, I forgot to comment on Digimon: very solid debut!
And Mario Party too! Decent debut, let's see if it will collapse or have some sort of legs.

small44

3rd week in a row for ps4 on top?

The Legends were true!! Return of the king!!

Those digimon numbers are depressing. Seems much lower than I expected. Does this mean no way in hell us westerners get it? :(

Who digimons sale are depresing it has the best opening is a small userbase

Eolz

No fun allowed?

LOL, just because sales aren't amazing doesn't mean we can't post GIF's, right? The PS4 was still #1 last week after all

Not what I'm saying, just that it won't "save consoles in japan" with numbers like that, and that if it's the "return of the king", this king isn't really a sight to behold.
Of course this is really good for the PS4 to hold like that and be #1. But it's just 1000 sales above a 3DS that has already sold pretty much as much as it could at the end of its life, only reinvigorated by a new enhanced hardware release...

Go_Ly_Dow

I said in the last thread I had a bad feeling for Yakuza 0 :(

The franchise simply hasn't grown as much as it should and now the reverse is happening with people getting bored of it.

Yakuza 6 needs to pull something out the bag.

Javin98

Banned
Yes, Xbone is dead in japan. This info is really nothing new nor surprising.

I doubt even dragon quest 11 exclusive would do much for it to be honest.

I wonder if this hold for the ps4 is permanent or not, or are we expecting another big drop after bloodborne?
I'm still struggling to wonder why Microsoft doesn't abandon their console business in Japan entirely. No words can even describe sales of ~300 units a week. As for the PS4, I doubt sales would get a big drop because there are a lot more Japanese games this year compared to the last, enough to keep sales strong.

Not what I'm saying, just that it won't "save consoles in japan" with numbers like that, and that if it's the "return of the king", this king isn't really a sight to behold.
Of course this is really good for the PS4 to hold like that and be #1. But it's just 1000 sales above a 3DS that has already sold pretty much as much as it could at the end of its life, only reinvigorated by a new enhanced hardware release...
With the current state of consoles in Japan right now, I think the PS4 is doing quite well. It certainly won't sell as well as the Wii in Japan. Anyone who thinks that must be extremely high. And the GIF was just for fun. If you can't take that, then....
3e3.jpg

07./00. [3DS] Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Korosensei Daihouimou!! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.03.12} (¥6.145) - 24.457 / NEW <80-100%>

Nice debut for Assassination Classroom. This game went unnoticed in these threads.

3DS also held nicely. Yakuza underperformed.

Seems like an OK for everything, which is nice to see. Interesting the difference in the tracking of Digimon between Famitsu and Media Create. Minecraft Vita should get a retail release tomorrow, right? I wonder how it would perform, since Japan doesn't seem big on DD like the west and the Vita version even been released months after the PS3 version and still managed to sell 200k digital only.

The franchise simply hasn't grown as much as it should and now the reverse is happening with people getting bored of it.

But how do you wanna do that?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Kinda crap numbers for a "proper" Yakuza, even if it is a prequel. For like the only part of Sega left still making the games they used to's sake, I hope its not acute franchice burnout.

Although the discrepancy between trackers is a bit much this time around on its numbers. Japan still clinging to the PS3 is annoying.

Eolz

It will probably be PS4 exclusive, and 0/Ishin were not as interesting for part of the fanbase (prequels/spinoffs aren't usually as interesting).
Yakuza 6 can be 200k+ FW if it releases next year and isn't just 5 with a new story for example. Don't think they're at the point where they must give up and reboot many gameplay features.

Edit:
With the current state of consoles in Japan right now, I think the PS4 is doing quite well. It certainly won't sell as well as the Wii in Japan. Anyone who thinks that must be extremely high. And the GIF was just for fun. If you can't take that, then....
(nofun.jpg)

Expecting Wii-level sales would be madness. Expecting the PS4 to do as well as the PS3 would also be pretty crazy.
I guess I can post that in response then
loweredexpectations.jpg

Sesto

Banned
the PS4 is doing really well in Japan considering there is still no exclusive AAA game for the japanese audience and there wasn't a price drop since launch. IIRC the 3DS was struggling before Nintendo cut the price by a third

Aki-at

Yeah I said in the last thread (Or the one before?) that there's a lot holding the series back.

The story is stuck and needs to progress forward, not backwards. Whilst the gameplay has gone from 5 characters back to 1 and now 2. It doesn't help Yakuza 5 introduced five cities and the most content from Haruka's dance gameplay to Kazuma's crazy taxi races.

I'm also worried that mobile might be finally taking away more and more of the traditional Yakuza fanbase (And in general, Japanese market) too. We'll see with the release of titles like Bloodborn, MGSV etc

casiopao

03./00. [PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.03.12} (¥7.171) - 76.760 / NEW

03./00. [PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.03.12} (¥7.171) - 53.495 / NEW <80-100%>

Big difference.

Well, we know which one is the superior tracker right?^_^

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Worst debut in the series history actually.

yes, but isn't this pretty expected from Wii U games? I think that every single Wii U game will have that label at the end of the day.
Considering how it seemed to start /15% S/T on firts day) was able to sell at least again during the weekend and will probably sell the initial shipment pretty easily.
of course, lowered expectations, for Wii U softwares...

even though PS4 isn't doing amazing, its doing good at the moment in japan, and considering how amazing its doing WW, you can why people are excited.

Y0 : 261k
Y5 : 363k
Y3 : 356k
YDS : 306k
YK : 177k
YI : 215k

Definitely not in line with mainline entries but greater than the spin offs except DS. Honestly it being a prequel will effect sales but whats notable is that it doesn't even meet YDS. The PS3 base really suffered.

Top Bottom