• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 26, 2016 (Jun 27 - Jul 03)

I think the problem I'd note there is that P&D leveraged the game in its entirety, effectively, with little to serve as any sort of differentiator. That will work in the short term off of the popularity of the brand but long-term there's no reason to play a dedicated version over the mobile version (which gets updated regularly). P&DZ and P&DMario did it the wrong way, imo, which was to leverage the brand slapped over identical mechanics that did nothing to take advantage of the hardware over just a phone.
PADZ was pretty clearly marketed towards kids who the mobile game doesn't really capture as an audience. You're right about it and PADM not differentiating itself from the app enough, which is why PADX is doing the whole Youkai Watch thing with an anime and medal toy. Anime just started last week, idk how well it's performing.

hiska-kun

Saw this on Gonintendo, not sure if its been posted but the new Story of Seasons has shipped 200k including digital.

Media Create said that around 163k units where shipped first week.
I don't think they shipped many more copies because the first shipment remains unsold. Maybe ~10k extra or so at best.
So digital sales should be around ~30k.

01./00. [3DS] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns <SLG> (Marvelous) {2016.06.23} (¥4.980) - 100.319 / NEW <61,29%> [Units shipped => 163.679]

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=208831614

Ōkami

CnI4KDRWcAAFfHR.jpg:large
SD Gundam G Generation Genesis out on November 22 for PS4 and PSV.

Pretty sure 4Gamer says PS3 version was cancelled.

PS3 is done after Persona 5, wouldn't be surprising if other titles get cancelled too, like Berserk Musou.

Takao

Banned
&#332;kami;209742474 said:

PS3 is done after Persona 5, wouldn't be surprising if other titles get cancelled too, like Berserk Musou.

Also of note is that it's going to be the first dual cartridge Vita game.

hiska-kun

&#332;kami;209742474 said:

Wasn't Berserk Musou for PS3 just digital?
It launches the same day as Persona 5 btw.

L~A

Yeah I heard that riding the Toyoko line the other day, is there any reason lol ?

Well, it's for the 30th Anniversary. Not sure when it started (must have missed the PR), but I suppose it's going to stay throughout Summer.

horuhe

Yeah I heard that riding the Toyoko line the other day, is there any reason lol ?

Yes, as L~A commented, it's for the 30th anniversary. A new museum exhibition will be opened, as far as I can tell, so Square threw some money on this.

Raw64life

Was just in Tokyo last week. Would've been a nice surprise. Can definitely see it getting annoying.

I went to Luida's Bar while in Tokyo and they play the Patti's Place theme every other song.

Sweet, there's even a video:

https://youtu.be/SKa9cabrcaw

... Poor train station employees. They'll be hating Dragon Quest by the end of this Summer, ha ha.

at least they will have to hear that song for a couple of months.

ask to some Bic Camera, Sofmap, Book-Off, Yodobashi employees (just to name a few) what they think about the only song which they are forced to hear every single day :D

did you know ?
in Japan every station has its own melody when trains arrive or depart

I hate to bump again, but I do have interesting news. Apparently pre-orders for Sun/Moon in Japan start on 7/16.

That's the same date for the release of YW3.

It's going to be interesting on how that'll affect YW3 in Japan.

What do you guys think.

I hate to bump again, but I do have interesting news. Apparently pre-orders for Sun/Moon in Japan start on 7/16.

What do you guys think.

I think that Yo-kai is in danger now that Pokémon Go is slaying the world.

But in terms of quality, we know that the Yo-kai games are several leagues ahead of Pokémon. Let's hope for talent to win once again.

image.php

horuhe

If you have footage of the advertisements I would love to see it.

Apparently pre-orders for Sun/Moon in Japan start on 7/16.

What do you guys think.

You asked for it, so you have it.

Yes, it could affect but I don't think there has been many cases where pre-orders literally eat sales from other games.

What do you guys think.
your interesting news isn't new actually :p
Massive discount for MHG?

Both pre-orders and movie are out on the same day as YW 3, yeah.

I doubt Pokémon GO will release on the same day . International launch was delayed due to the servers being hammered to hell, I'm sure it would have already been released in Japan already if not for that.

Pre-orders for PKM Sun / Moon start the same day that Yo-kai Watch 3 comes out. It wouldn't be strange if Pokemon GO also launches this day as well. (The new Pokemon movie is also that day if I'm not mistaken).
anyway, what's the harm for ppl to go preorder sun/moon and at the same time grab yw3 :p
Are leaks out yet?
not yet

L~A

Media Create:

PS4 22,717
New3DS LL 16,505
Wii U 15,470
Vita 11,042
New3DS 3,284
PS3 1,126
3DS 670
3DS LL 87
Xbox One 72

29k for Culdcept Revolt, 16k for Splatoon (thanks bundle), and poor week for Software overall...

Top Bottom