• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 33, 2013 (Aug 12 - Aug 18)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Oh, not a sequel? :|

That was a short rush...

In my opinion, it's better. I mean, a good sequel should see a bigger development period than one year, given we're not talking about a big team, IIRC.

Gambit

'For the Sequel' is pretty tame for a series called 'Bravely Default: Flying Fairy', no?

Seems it's going to have an auto-battle 4 speed option, 3 save slots, and a couple of other things that are too blurry to say for sure.

It's just my disappointment speaking. I wanted it to be an actual sequel.

At this point, I'm seriously wondering if people are so satisfied by Nintendo portable consoles (not only big third party support, but also big first party support, and now with much bigger production values to begin with) that they feel Nintendo home consoles aren't needed anymore.
Or perhaps Nintendo failed to market the game in Japan. AFAIK, Pikimin 3 got better marketing from Nintendo so the complaints from Kamiya about lack of marketing were spot on. The Direct only helped for sales in US/UK, i think.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Should be called "For the Lose", since its a re-release that won't sell as much as the original which will lead to them saying "Yep, can't justify a real sequel, let's make All the Bravely Default for mobile!"

>_>

duckroll

In all seriousness, it sounds like the sequel is a done deal and they're already making it, based on what Asano says in the article blurb.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
In all seriousness, it sounds like the sequel is a done deal and they're already making it, based on what Asano says in the article blurb.

I hope so. I'm not incredibly far in the game but I am enjoying it, very old school so far. :3

Well I don't think a game that bombed so miserably ever got a sequel, but we'll see.

I think you're forgetting that this is a Nintendo IP.

They never truly die.

We expect Wario to get an eventual sequel, right? Game & Wario didn't perform any better?

BOMBA.

everything's very low this week though,

Wii U - 7,024 on Famitsu.

TW101 tanked so hard that it dragged Wii U's console sales down by 30% with it?!

Media Create says 5,258. :(

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha *goes insane* Haahahahahahaha

I think you're forgetting that this is a Nintendo IP.

They never truly die.

We expect Wario to get an eventual sequel, right? Game & Wario didn't perform any better?

Actually it did lol, but that wasn't the main series. There will never be a game and wario 2

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
even the actual wii u owners have no escuse right now for this. they deserve the non eshistent support that the console is receiving, if they don't buy this game LIKE THIS

GRW810

When people 'lol' and 'haha' at W101 sales, what exactly about the situation makes them happy? It's a bizarre reaction.

Top Bottom