• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 33, 2013 (Aug 12 - Aug 18)

Frodo

Well it just seems like WW is the only game that can pass 100k for months (god that's sad) so it could reach at least 150-175k. If it doesn't even reach 100k that would be terrible. This is clearly positioned as one of Nintendo's big fall titles. Nintendo better get Dk out in japan this year

Have no idea why DK isn't (as far as we know) coming this year in Japan. How hard would be to localise it?

Famitsu shows a new RPG by Arc System Works for 3ds.

3DS「星屑のアマゾネス」11月14日発売。アークシステムワークスによる、登場キャラクター全員が女性のダンジョンRPG。

Famitsu shows a new RPG by Arc System Works for 3ds.

3DS「星屑のアマゾネス」11月14日発売。アークシステムワークスによる、登場キャラクター全員が女性のダンジョンRPG。

3DS "Stardust Amazoness " Nov 14th release. Arc System Works Dungeon RPG featuring and all-female cast.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/27/arc-system-works-is-making-an-all-girls-dungeon-crawler/

Siliconera has also regurgitated the Shinobi tweet, with a better version of the title.

http://gematsu.com/2013/08/kamen-rider-travelers-senki-announced-for-3ds

Kamen Rider: Travelers Senki is in development for 3DS from All Kamen Rider Rider Generation developer Seventh Chord, this week’s issue of Famitsu reveals.

Due out on November 28 in Japan, it is an action adventure game featuring the Riders of the Heisei era. Kamen Rider Wizard, W, and OOO will appear. When a battle starts, the bottom 3DS screen will become the player’s transformation belt, which they can touch to transform. In battle, players can run in every direction while fighting. It adopts the linear motion battle system.

Development is currently 70 percent complete.

In other 3DS-related news, Arc System Works is working on a new dungeon RPG for 3DS called Stardust Amazoness, which features all female party members, and will launch in Japan on November 14. It is set on Prison Planet, an asylum of prisoners, where players will select a prisoner and attempt to escape the planet. Character design is being handled by Miyama Zero. Development is currently 70 percent complete.

7th Chord did the Vita Tales remakes as well.

For Stardust, I bet Aksys will bring it over, it's not a licensed game so I doubt it'll be any trouble.

In other 3DS-related news, Arc System Works is working on a new dungeon RPG for 3DS called Stardust Amazoness, which features all female party members, and will launch in Japan on November 14. It is set on Prison Planet, an asylum of prisoners, where players will select a prisoner and attempt to escape the planet.

...so basically Criminal Girls Universe?

Lumyst

*googles miyama zero*

lol

*also googles Miyama Zero*
"Oh, it's going to be one of those games lol." (I think I said back in this thread that "those games that are full of girls" screamed PlayStation Vita though, there was that comparison of sales of Conception II on 3DS and Vita, but I guess they're still going to try with the 3DS.) Are those called "otaku" games?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
We're nearing TGS, so it's time for Japan's hit line-up of handheld and console games for the holidays to get announced. Let's see what they're doing this week.

Akiba's Trip 2 (PS3/Vita, Acquire, November 7th):

This is the sequel to Akiba's Trip (often referred to as Akiba Strip). This is a game where you go around Akihabara and fight vampires (read young girls and boys) by stripping off their clothing. You can also end up getting stripped while fighting. It was quite popular on PSP given what it was:

Akiba's Trip: 86,557
Akiba's Trip Plus: 36,223

Gematsu said:
An Akihabara-set sequel to Acquire’s 2011-released PSP game, its latest depiction of Tokyo’s Electronic Town promises to be a more realistic one. Compared to the previous game, more than two times the amount of real-name stores will appear. The story will change depending on who your partner is. And there’s an undressing move called “Unison Strip,” where you cooperate with your partner to take your clothes off.
Pre-Order DLC Includes: -“Special Clothing” DLC (Moe costume for the heroine)
http://gematsu.com/2013/08/akibas-trip-2-announced-for-playstation-3-ps-vita

Super Robot Wars OG Infinite Battle (PS3, Namco Bandai/B.B. Studios/BEC, November 28th):

Because you can't release a Super Robot Wars game without announcing the next one, here it is.

Gematsu said:
The game is the realization of a collaboration between B.B. Studios, who developed the old Super Robot Wars games, and BEC, which had a hand in a number of Gundam games. Unlike other Super Robot Wars games, it doesn’t have a story.
Infinite Battle uses a team battle system set on a 3D field where players can run about freely. The battle form varies by situation—it could be one-versus-three, two-versus-two, one-versus-one, etc. Attacks are simple: one button for fighting, one button for shooting, and another for a finishing move. Attack variations can be done by pressing other buttons together and using the d-pad, etc.
http://gematsu.com/2013/08/super-robot-wars-og-infinite-battle-announced-for-ps3

Gundam Breaker (Vita Version, Namco Bandai, October 31st):

The Vita version of Gundam Breaker is coming out on October 31st. It is getting new content which is also getting added to the PS3 version for free.

Gematsu said:
The magazine confirms new Mobile Suits for the PS Vita version, including: Turn A Gundam, ZZ Gundam, Gundam X, Dreissen, Destiny Gundam, and Crossbone Gundam X-1. 30 new missions are also being added.
On the same day the PS Vita version is released, the already launched PlayStation 3 version will receive a free, large scale update adding the PS Vita version’s new Mobile Suits, missions, and cross-play and cross-save compatibility.
http://gematsu.com/2013/08/gundam-breaker-ps-vita-japanese-release-date-set

Kamen Rider: Travelers Senki (3DS, Seventh Chord, November 28th):

This is a Kamen Rider game from people who made a previous Kamen Rider game. It's an action adventure title.

Gematsu said:
Due out on November 28 in Japan, it is an action adventure game featuring the Riders of the Heisei era. Kamen Rider Wizard, W, and OOO will appear. When a battle starts, the bottom 3DS screen will become the player’s transformation belt, which they can touch to transform. In combat, which adopts the linear motion battle system, players can run in every direction while fighting.

Stardust Amazoness (3DS, Arc System Works, November 14th):

This is the pervert game from Arc System Works you've already been talking about. It's a dungeon RPG with an all female cast of party members. And yes, it does sound a lot like Criminal Girls.

Gematsu said:
In other 3DS-related news, Arc System Works is working on a new dungeon RPG for 3DS called Stardust Amazoness, which features all female party members, and will launch in Japan on November 14. It is set on Prison Planet, an asylum of prisoners, where players will select a prisoner and attempt to escape the planet. Character design is being handled by Miyama Zero. Development is currently 70 percent complete.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So... Akiba's Trip.

The title screen plays on this huh, Akiba' Strip... So many type of these games pumped out from Japan.

I guess that is what sells... but it's kind of sad.

Stardust (calling it that due to the two different translated titles XD) is very interesting as it's a game you'd think would be on Vita, and likely as an exclusive.

And ASW usually has two ends of the spectrum; fighters on PS3/360/Vita, and 3DS eShop smaller games.

This is the rare in-betweener.

I'm surprised Stardust Amazoness isn't a Vita game, but I suppose the few (?) creepy otaku games released for 3DS have done fairly well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If it takes off they can always go like Senran Kagura and sell to the same audience twice by releasing a Vita spin-off that's IIRC mostly the same game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't remember, does Capcom has anything for 3DS or Vita? I remember Gaist Crusher for 3DS and that's it.
Well, that and Monster Hunter.

Most of their announcements lately have been for phones/browsers though with the exception of Dead Rising 3 (published by Microsoft), Deep Down (which is Capcom Online Games so I wouldn't be surprised if it's their first f2p attempt on consoles), the Chinese f2p Monster Hunter MMO from Tencent, and porting their internally developed Monster Hunter MMO everywhere.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I forgot, Capcom actually does have Vita games.

There's the Dragon's Dogma iOS social RPG game, and presumably the "consumer platform" version of Onimusha Souls (browser game) is headed to is either Vita and/or PS3.

javac

I think a lot of the points make sense expect for the first one about it being announced too early. I think for specific ideas like this one, it doesn't matter. Where would people go to get a "fix" elsewhere with regards to this title? If what interested them about the title was the fact that its a Layton and Ace Attorney crossover, there isn't any other game which can deliver that experience. If they want to play a Layton game or an Ace Attorney game, there also weren't any other options. The most recent Layton and Ace Attorney games only came out after the crossover was finally released. :)

Yeah you're right. I agree 100% and I guess I was just projecting my own emotions towards the game. I remember being really excited and giddy when it was announced but by the time it came out I didn't even realise because I was drowning in a severe case of backlog syndrome lol. I guess my argument was flawed from the start when I decided to project my own emotions to the theory :p

Like you said, there isn't anywhere to get a fix from. The game is very unique and specific. I guess I'm not sure why the game sold under expectations. Then again I bet even Level5/Capcom are scratching their heads to this day lol. The game did well with its reviews and promotions right?

Guess it was a number of things including a crowded time and fatigue.

DaBoss

If it takes off they can always go like Senran Kagura and sell to the same audience twice by releasing a Vita spin-off that's IIRC mostly the same game.
I think they're different games actually. The Vita game is more fan-service-y and is a 3D fighting game or something. Looking at Wikipedia and some posts on GAF, so I'm assuming that it is true.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The Tales of Link official website went up: http://tolink.tales-ch.jp/

Concept art is kinda interesting I guess...

There's a copywright for Fujishima and Inomata, so it's either another collaborative project like Xillia or this is another fanservice game with other Tales characters.

It's also a F2P game with a charge for some items.

If it's a cross-over game, it kind of sounds like what they used to do on PSP with the series, but adapted for mobile devices instead. I'm not sure if we have any real details yet though.

L Thammy

Unless I've misinterpreted, that's not a traditional SRW, it's an action spinoff. At a glance, looks like ACE tended to be around 200K and Gundam Vs is around 400K. I guess they're aiming for fans of the latter?

[3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (16 days) - 1,590,608
[PS3] JoJo's All Star Battle (32 days) - 560,521
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV ARR (34 days) -169,340
[PS3+360] Lost Planet 3 (32 days) - 34,047
[PS3+PSV] Sen no Kiseki (4 days) - 43,456
[WIU] Zelda Wind Waker HD (4 days) - 90,777
[3DS] Little Battlers eXperience Wars (4 days) - 66,560
[3DS] Hardware (35 days) - 662,331

Monster Hunter is the only thing I'm worried about, especially with people throwing 2.5+ million numbers around. But considering Animal Crossing is the highest opening so far at only 700K range, I can't possibly see Monster Hunter pushing anything more than 300K over that first week.

Alrus

Monster Hunter is the only thing I'm worried about, especially with people throwing 2.5+ million numbers around. But considering Animal Crossing is the highest opening so far at only 700K range, I can't possibly see Monster Hunter pushing anything more than 300K over that first week.

The highest opening on the 3DS belongs to the DQ VII remake, opened at 836k or something similar. Not that it changes anything in your reasoning, just wanted to correct you on that :p

The highest opening on the 3DS belongs to the DQ VII remake, opened at 836k or something similar. Not that it changes anything in your reasoning, just wanted to correct you on that :p

No idea how I forgot about that. I checked up Dragon Quest Monsters but completely blanked on the VII remake. Good catch. Still sticking to my number.

Glass Rebel

Stardust Amazoness (3DS, Arc System Works, November 14th):

This is the pervert game from Arc System Works you've already been talking about. It's a dungeon RPG with an all female cast of party members. And yes, it does sound a lot like Criminal Girls.

BZVhke5.gif

I guess everybody needs one of these nowadays.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
All right, I looked it up, and Sammy got banned for accusing 75% of the Ace Attorney thread of not owning a 3DS because he disagreed with their position. It's a temp ban.

Now let's return to Media Create discussion.

vareon

Well, that and Monster Hunter.

Most of their announcements lately have been for phones/browsers though with the exception of Dead Rising 3 (published by Microsoft), Deep Down (which is Capcom Online Games so I wouldn't be surprised if it's their first f2p attempt on consoles), the Chinese f2p Monster Hunter MMO from Tencent, and porting their internally developed Monster Hunter MMO everywhere.

I forgot, Capcom actually does have Vita games.

There's the Dragon's Dogma iOS social RPG game, and presumably the "consumer platform" version of Onimusha Souls (browser game) is headed to is either Vita and/or 3DS.

Thanks. Onimusha Souls is probably coming to Vita instead of 3DS to keep the microtransactions intact anyway.

So, uh, yeah. I just came back from the Tri-Ace thread and it gets depressing. Particularly charlequin's (I think) comment about there's probably not going to be any more than 10 good JRPGs from now till the end (hyperbole, but crazily possible).

DGRE

Banned
It was not.

It's pretty hard for long term members to get permed, especially if they're mostly low level offenses.

Thanks Nirolak. Now to return to our regular program.

Could someone compile the top 10 Vita LTDs for me? I've been curious.

Thanks Nirolak. Now to return to our regular program.

Could someone compile the top 10 Vita LTDs for me? I've been curious.

p4g ~230k
Toukiden ~210k
Miku ~200k
Soulsac ~185k
HSGolf ~ 155k
Senran Kagura ~ 135k
Dragons Crown ~100k
Uncharted ~100k
One Piece ~95k
PSO ~95k

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thanks. Onimusha Souls is probably coming to Vita instead of 3DS to keep the microtransactions intact anyway.

So, uh, yeah. I just came back from the Tri-Ace thread and it gets depressing. Particularly charlequin's (I think) comment about there's probably not going to be any more than 10 good JRPGs from now till the end (hyperbole, but crazily possible).

Sorry I meant to write PS3 instead of 3DS. Not sure what happened there.

And yeah charlequin was complaining about this to me yesterday for an hour. :lol

p4g ~230k
Toukiden ~210k
Miku ~200k
Soulsac ~185k
HSGolf ~ 155k
Senran Kagura ~ 135k
Dragons Crown ~100k
Uncharted ~100k
One Piece ~95k
PSO ~95k
Well.. Muramasa Rebirth was confirmed to sellship ~100k for both digital+retail. Anyways, this is the retail only list, i think. I wonder what are the digital sales for each of this titles especially since Muramasa had pretty decent ones.

Well.. Muramasa Rebirth was confirmed to sell ~100k for both digital+retail. Anyways, this is the retail only list, i think. I wonder what are the digital sales for each of this titles especially since Muramasa had pretty decent ones.

100k shipped + digital not sold iirc, besides that any info we do get on digital sales is vague and inconstant. Yes digital sales happen and are happening more and more but without data it's not worth bringing into the discussion

crinale

Well in Japan shipped (+ digital) is equivalent to sold, to publishers at least. Basically stores can't return their copies.
So if publishers over ship and retailers accept those copies then retailers are on their own from that point.

Sandfox

0 would be where the smart money is at this stage

god eater maybe has a very low chance but coming out after mh4 and having a psp version makes it a very long shot.

GE on a big PSP userbase couldn't pull that off so the Vita doing it would be a very big stretch.

Mr Swine

Banned
GE could reach 300k easily but 500k is alot harder with the small and niche userbase Vita has

[3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (16 days) - 1,78902
[PS3] JoJo's All Star Battle (32 days) - 723,543
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV ARR (34 days) -421,340
[PS3+360] Lost Planet 3 (32 days) - 29,657
[PS3+PSV] Sen no Kiseki (4 days) - 84,457
[WIU] Zelda Wind Waker HD (4 days) - 24,321
[3DS] Little Battlers eXperience Wars (4 days) - 36,937
[3DS] Hardware (35 days) - 712,331

Top Bottom