• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 33, 2013 (Aug 12 - Aug 18)

If it ever does end up getting a Monster Hunter game that'd be a safe bet for over 500k but besides that it's tough to think of many potential titles besides maybe Jump and FFX, but those are a bit of a stretch.

FF X won't reach 500k total for both ps3/psv versions imho.
If it is delayed to infinity and beyond, it might not. If they release it before LR: FF, it can definitely reach ~500k sales. It has been a long time since a new FF game is released.

AFAIK, KH sold ~200k units and this is pretty good for a HD remaster. KH series isn't really that big in Japan as FF.

TheChaos0

If it is delayed to infinity and beyond, it might not. If they release it before LR: FF, it can definitely reach ~500k sales. It has been a long time since a new FF game is released.

AFAIK, KH sold ~200k units and this is pretty good for a HD remaster. KH series isn't really that big in Japan as FF.

I too definitely think that if it's released this year, it has a good chance of doing really good numbers, if it's next year... then.. well.

allan-bh

Considering that Monster Hunter was *basically the only million seller on PSP, maybe it's the only IP that can sell at least 500k+ on Vita.

* Dissidia hit 1 million on Media Create including Ultimate Hits and Universal Tuning versions.

I still think the PS3 version being two games versus the Vita being sold separately will hurt the Vita version. Though there's a novelty to playing these games portable for the first time so who knows.

Fisico

[PS3+PSV] Sen no Kiseki (4 days) - 43,456

Monster Hunter is the only thing I'm worried about, especially with people throwing 2.5+ million numbers around. But considering Animal Crossing is the highest opening so far at only 700K range, I can't possibly see Monster Hunter pushing anything more than 300K over that first week.

You should worry about your Sen no Kiseki's prediction instead, there's no way it'll sell that bad, it's a brand new main episode and the last one opened at 150k on PSP two years ago.

Road

Prediction League:

[3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (16 days) - 2,222,222
[PS3] JoJo's All Star Battle (32 days) - 444,444
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV ARR (34 days) - 111,111
[PS3+360] Lost Planet 3 (32 days) - 44,444
[PS3+PSV] Sen no Kiseki (4 days) - 111,111
[WIU] Zelda Wind Waker HD (4 days) - 99,999
[3DS] Little Battlers eXperience Wars (4 days) - 44,444
[3DS] Hardware (35 days) - 555,555

And the last update from the blog before we get the sales: Wonderful 101 final numbers are even worse than the preview...

Prediction League September, 2013

[3DS] Monster Hunter 4 2,455,000
[PS3] JoJo's All Star Battle 495,000
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV ARR 370,000
[PS3+360] Lost Planet 3 115,000
[PS3+PSV] Sen no Kiseki 150,000
[WIU] Zelda Wind Waker HD 190,000
[3DS] Little Battlers eXperience Wars 40,000
[3DS] Hardware 455,000

Prediction League:

[3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (16 days) - 2,222,222
[PS3] JoJo's All Star Battle (32 days) - 444,444
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV ARR (34 days) - 111,111
[PS3+360] Lost Planet 3 (32 days) - 44,444
[PS3+PSV] Sen no Kiseki (4 days) - 111,111
[WIU] Zelda Wind Waker HD (4 days) - 99,999
[3DS] Little Battlers eXperience Wars (4 days) - 44,444
[3DS] Hardware (35 days) - 555,555

And the last update from the blog before we get the sales: Wonderful 101 final numbers are even worse than the preview...

Oh god,sub 5k.....is it possible
Now it says that the figure is much lower than 30%.

Kamiya no.....

Lexxism

[3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (16 days) - 2,333, 333
[PS3] JoJo's All Star Battle (32 days) - 400,000
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV ARR (34 days) - 100,000
[PS3+360] Lost Planet 3 (32 days) - 40,000
[PS3+PSV] Sen no Kiseki (4 days) - 120,000
[WIU] Zelda Wind Waker HD (4 days) - 110,000
[3DS] Little Battlers eXperience Wars (4 days) - 45,000
[3DS] Hardware (35 days) - 530,000

Bo130

[3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (16 days) - 1,500,000
[PS3] JoJo's All Star Battle (32 days) - 230,000
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV ARR (34 days) - 120,000
[PS3+360] Lost Planet 3 (32 days) - 70,000
[PS3+PSV] Sen no Kiseki (4 days) - 70,000
[WIU] Zelda Wind Waker HD (4 days) - 80,000
[3DS] Little Battlers eXperience Wars (4 days) - 30,000
[3DS] Hardware (35 days) - 290,000

Peff

the last update from the blog before we get the sales: Wonderful 101 final numbers are even worse than the preview...

Now it says that the figure is much lower than 30%

bMCcNAK.jpg

Man, just no :(

SmokyDave

Doesn't sound promising for W101. Could it defy even the lowest expectations?

Stay tuned to find out, next on 'Media Create Madness'.

Frodo

Well, maybe people were confused and the initial shipment was 300k instead of 30k and it sold around 20% and it would be something around 60k, right? Right guys? Guys?

Peff

So if it does indeed sell sub-10K copies it's not very likely that it'll get another shipment. With european Wii U numbers being what they are and the worst possible release date NoA could find, it's actually possible that it won't be able to ship more than 100/150K worldwide. I need to go lie down.

EDIT:
So uh, I hate to ask, but what did Yakuza open at again?
<2000 is all we know, I think.

SmokyDave

Well, maybe people were confused and the initial shipment was 300k instead of 30k and it sold around 20% and it would be something around 60k, right? Right guys? Guys?

Wait, it was a 30k shipment?

Shiiiiiiit, it might've performed better in the UK at this rate.

Darryl

Banned
That's crazy low. I thought they'd get a bigger boost then that just from being an acclaimed native developer. Does PG have a cult following in Japan at all or is that mainly a western thing?

Yeah that's why i thought the sales in the uk were better than i expected after the bomba this will be

So if it does indeed sell sub-10K copies it's not very likely that it'll get another shipment. With european Wii U numbers being what they are and the worst possible release date NoA could find, it's actually possible that it won't be able to ship more than 100/150K worldwide. I need to go lie down.

I would love a 101 Wiiu bundle with Bayonetta 1 Climax edition installed. At this point this ip is dead, so they may as well try to get use out of it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Astonishing if true.

Wtf happened to japan?? I thought it would be the only region the game had a chance of bombing only mildly.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how the Souls games and Bayonetta performed in japan vs west?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
so sad, bu..shit happens. actually, happens often, on wiiu.

At this point, I'm seriously wondering if people are so satisfied by Nintendo portable consoles (not only big third party support, but also big first party support, and now with much bigger production values to begin with) that they feel Nintendo home consoles aren't needed anymore.

BriBri

The site where you go for Everything Nintendo has printed a picture (for obvious reasons I can't post here) revealing Bravely Default: For the Sequel for 5 December (3DS).

Gambit

The site where you go for Everything Nintendo has printed a picture (for obvious reasons I can't post here) revealing Bravely Default: For the Sequel for 5 December (3DS).

such a stupid name and then it isn't even really a sequel. No doubt, the rest of the world will only get the vanilla version

Mpl90

It's a new version of Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, with additional content.
Looking at the scan, it releases at retail for 4,990 Yen, and as a digital download (don't understand if OG + new content or just new content) for 2,900.

such a stupid name and then it isn't even really a sequel. No doubt, the rest of the world will only get the vanilla version

'For the Sequel' is pretty tame for a series called 'Bravely Default: Flying Fairy', no?

Seems it's going to have an auto-battle 4 speed option, 3 save slots, and a couple of other things that are too blurry to say for sure.

Mpl90

Thinking about it, this sounds like a sort of Bravely Default: Final Mix, doesn't it? Probably I'm wrong, though.

Asd202

It's a new version of Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, with additional content.
Looking at the scan, it releases at retail for 4,990 Yen, and as a digital download (don't understand if OG + new content or just new content) for 2,900.

Wait? WHAT? I really hope the localized version will include those extras. Thinking about it now maybe that's why we haven't seen the game since announcement at any convention. Wishful thinking I know :(.

Top Bottom