• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 37, 2014 (Sep 08 - Sep 14)

ohlawd

The other things we know is that it should be a SCEJA title, given the other thread. So, we should start thinking about SCEJA's possible candidates fitting the description.

so it ain't a 3rd party game?

k good I have no reason to be hyped for this.

The other things we know is that it should be a SCEJA title, given the other thread. So, we should start thinking about SCEJA's possible candidates fitting the description.

Given it's Sony, isn't there still a good chance this will be a third party game?

Thorgal

Legend of dra- * gets slapped .
The last gua- *gets slapped harder .
Dragonquest 11 collabo - *gets slapped till comatose.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Given the thread about the announcement, and since it's coming right after the BloodBourne's showing, that's what it could be.

If that's wrong, though, fell free to correct me.

small44

sörine;130607189 said:
How much more are secondary hunting games really going to boost Vita though? It's sort of like more Mario games on 3DS or Wii U, the market's already well established there.

It's just saying no fps will boost any consoles because Call of duty is a fps too.

Jamix012

MHTri on Wii broke 1 million, if I'm remember right, so they're no slouch on consoles. Not many console games can break 1 million period these days...Nevertheless they're obviously not up to the sales of the handheld games.

Scum

So this mysterious game from SCEJA is supposed to be available by the holidays that will help spur on PS4 sales?

Uncharted Triology Remastered?

sörine

Banned
It's just saying no fps will boost any consoles because Call of duty is a fps too.
Not really, COD isn't a secondary fps. Something akin to that would be MH, which would definitely give Vita a huge lift.

It's more like saying no new secondary fps will boost a console anymore after 3 years and many many fps releases.

Hellraider

MHTri on Wii broke 1 million, if I'm remember right, so they're no slouch on consoles. Not many console games can break 1 million period these days...Nevertheless they're obviously not up to the sales of the handheld games.

Yeah, PS4 getting the next mainline MonHun would be huge. That's not happening, though. An uprezzed port is at least plausible.

small44

sörine;130626131 said:
Not really, COD isn't a secondary fps. Something akin to that would be MH, which would definitely give Vita a huge lift.

It's more like saying no new secondary fps will boost a console anymore after 3 years and many many fps releases.

Fantasy star, Monster Hunter and Soul Sacrifice all look differents.
Sure Monster Hunter will help vita a lot but even secondary hunting games will help a little

Road

The mystery game is Lightning trilogy.

I have printed Square Enix's release plan for the PS4:

FFXIII trilogy full HD December 2014
FFT-0 HD March 2015
FFX/X-2 HD June 2015
FFXII HD September 2015
FFXV December 2015.

It seems August will be a slow month for digital sales. Here some of "my predictions" :p

Minecraft PS3 - 41k
Ultra Street Fighter IV - 9k
Toukiden Extreme PSV - 8k
Diablo III PS4 - 6k

Minecraft total: 135k.

Maybe the SCEJA title for this holiday is a PS4 bundle with Minecraft...

The mystery game is Lightning trilogy.

I have printed Square Enix's release plan for the PS4:

FFXIII trilogy full HD December 2014
FFT-0 HD March 2015
FFX/X-2 HD June 2015
FFXII HD September 2015
FFXV December 2015.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not? Would be fairly disappointing if true for me

White Knight Chronicles 3!

ib2rSDaRlBrvlo.gif

If it's what I've been told, then.. well, let's say: things will get interesting on GAF.

Oh man, if it's the same game that I've been hearing about...December will be verrrrry interesting. Oh man I wish I could talk about this huge secret game. But I'm not allowed to. But it's amazing. But I can't talk about it.

sörine

Banned
Fantasy star, Monster Hunter and Soul Sacrifice all look differents.
Sure Monster Hunter will help vita a lot but even secondary hunting games will help a little
It's Phantasy Star and Vita already has one. As well as Toukiden, Soul Sacrifice, God Eater, Freedom Wars and MH Frontier. It's already overflowing with secondary hunting games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm going to guess it's just the Gravity Rush title they teased last year that mysteriously disappeared and that Yoshida is being very generous with "help move units".

I can't imagine something like that actually taking all that long to develop and it's low key enough to reveal at an arbitrary time during TGS instead of as a flagship at a major conference, but high key enough to have its own presentation.

Paracelsus

You don't gain hardware sales from a new IP unless it's a major third party entry and you market it like your own creature. He sounds like a stolen third party franchise, like Dragon's Dogma 2.

small44

sörine;130635398 said:
It's Phantasy Star and Vita already has one. As well as Toukiden, Soul Sacrifice, God Eater, Freedom Wars and MH Frontier. It's already overflowing with secondary hunting games.

Phantasy star 2 is an port of pc Nova will be a lot bigger then it
Toukiden boost vita ,Soul Sacrifice boost it,God eater boost it even the re-release of Soul Sacrifice boost it so i don't see why it will be different with nova
God eater is the only game who look like Monster Hunter all other hunting games look differents then other i don't see them having the same fans

sörine

Banned
Phantasy star 2 is an port of pc Nova will be a lot bigger then it
Toukiden boost vita ,Soul Sacrifice boost it,God eater boost it even the re-release of Soul Sacrifice boost it so i don't see why it will be different with nova
God eater is the only game who look like Monster Hunter all other hunting games look differents then other i don't see them having the same fans
How much did Toukiden Extreme or SS Delta boost Vita? I'm not saying more hunting games will do nothing but the market for this sort of game is already well saturated on the system. That's why I compared it to something like Mario on Nintendo systems. The more there already is, the less you can build userbase with additional releases.

DaBoss

I'm going to guess it's just the Gravity Rush title they teased last year that mysteriously disappeared and that Yoshida is being very generous with "help move units".

I can't imagine something like that actually taking all that long to develop and it's low key enough to reveal at an arbitrary time during TGS instead of as a flagship at a major conference, but high key enough to have its own presentation.
This makes the most sense. I wonder if it will be multiplat with the Vita or exclusively for the PS4.

Koren

Only SCEJA title with system selling potential is Gran Turismo.
Minna no Golf.

Nothing major, but definitively system-selling potential, based on Minna 5 effect on PS3.

(and I must say I bought PS3 in part because Minna 5 was about to arrive, even if it took 6 more month than initial expectation, and Minna 7 may trigger my PS4 purchase)

horuhe

I miss Virtua Fighter in the list of next year's PS4 games.

Minecraft should be sold in a bundle with PS4 this Christmas. I mean, the potential of this game could help Sony's PS4 keep the momentum.

I really wonder if after Minecraft is released it will continue selling digitally...

small44

sörine;130644098 said:
How much did Toukiden Extreme or SS Delta boost Vita? I'm not saying more hunting games will do nothing but the market for this sort of game is already well saturated on the system. That's why I compared it to something like Mario on Nintendo systems. The more there already is, the less you can build userbase with additional releases.

A bit but they are just re-release ,Nova is not.
I don't say it will be a big system seller it will boost Vita for 1 or 2 week that's it

Minna no Golf.

Nothing major, but definitively system-selling potential, based on Minna 5 effect on PS3.

(and I must say I bought PS3 in part because Minna 5 was about to arrive, even if it took 6 more month than initial expectation, and Minna 7 may trigger my PS4 purchase)

Hot Shots PS4 has already been announced. Its quite a long way form release though. Probably late 2015.

I miss Virtua Fighter in the list of next year's PS4 games.

Minecraft should be sold in a bundle with PS4 this Christmas. I mean, the potential of this game could help Sony's PS4 keep the momentum.

I really wonder if after Minecraft is released it will continue selling digitally...

Minecraft PS4/V are pretty much confirmed by the leaks. Hopefully SCEJ/MS do retail versions.

Top Bottom