• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 6, 2013 (Feb 04 - Feb 10)

It´s not like the user he responded to is doing anything else than ridiculing everyone who doesn´t agree with the WiiU is doomed mantra, without any argument.

Pretty interesting considering I layed out my argument pretty clearly and the only response I get is people saying i said Wii U was doomed when I never said anything of the sort and was only commenting on sales until the bigger games hit. I expect Wii U to end up doing alright in Japan. Funny how no one actually responded to my argument. But it's funny no one seemed to get up in arms when discussing the terrible sales of Vita. Funny how when you agree with someone on something how your tune will change.

So judging from DQ's 2nd week, it'll end up doing about 1.6M? Certainly not 2M.

2 million didn't make sense considering the install base. Perhaps if a DQ8 remake comes out years from now it could do so.

Bruno MB

Dragon Quest (main titles) remakes (Famitsu)

2nd week:

[PS2] Dragon Quest V (Square Enix) {2004.03.25} - 248.342 / 1.297.267 (-76%)
[NDS] Dragon Quest IV (Square Enix) {2007.11.22} - 131.901 / 733.638 (-78%)
[NDS] Dragon Quest V (Square Enix) {2008.07.17} - 185.061 / 864.503 (-73%)
[NDS] Dragon Quest VI (Square Enix) {2010.01.28} - 181.979 / 1.091.960 (-80%)
[3DS] Dragon Quest VII (Square Enix) {2013.02.07} - 170.945 / 1.007.599 (-80%)

that'd be more than all the ds remakes yeah?
Yes they all did about 1.4M counting re-releases.

Its performing a little worse than DQVI for DS, but with it being so dominant over the competition, I think there's a chance it could outsell it in the end. When DQ first appeared on the DS with DQIV, it had a lower opening, the fanbase had to be built up over time. DQVII 3DS is performing similiar to DQVI DS where the fanbase was already established. I think 1.6M is certainly possible depending on its legs.

that'd be more than all the ds remakes yeah?

DQV on PS2 did over 1.6 million IIRC, so maybe.

EDIT: Yeah, 1.611 million before the cheap release on PS2.

DQVI remake is tracking ahead of DQVII

http://garaph.info/softwareindividual.php//gid/3843

Dragon Quest (main titles) remakes (Famitsu)

2nd week:

[PS2] Dragon Quest V (Square Enix) {2004.03.25} - 248.342 / 1.297.267 (-76%)
[NDS] Dragon Quest IV (Square Enix) {2007.11.22} - 131.901 / 733.638 (-78%)
[NDS] Dragon Quest V (Square Enix) {2008.07.17} - 185.061 / 864.503 (-73%)
[NDS] Dragon Quest VI (Square Enix) {2010.01.28} - 181.979 / 1.091.960 (-80%)
[3DS] Dragon Quest VII (Square Enix) {2013.02.07} - 170.945 / 1.007.599 (-80%)

DQV number is completely different than here, which one is correct?

Laguna

Banned
Decent second week for DQ7, imo they should have released it closer to Golden Week so that it possiblly could have benefited from this period a bit more after the launch hype dries up.

Pretty interesting considering I layed out my argument pretty clearly and the only response I get is people saying i said Wii U was doomed when I never said anything of the sort and was only commenting on sales until the bigger games hit. I expect Wii U to end up doing alright in Japan. Funny how no one actually responded to my argument. But it's funny no one seemed to get up in arms when discussing the terrible sales of Vita. Funny how when you agree with someone on something how your tune will change.

I meant his response to a different user, someone who often doesn´t get past a one-liner.

Decent second week for DQ7, imo they should have released it closer to Golden Week so that it possiblly could have benefited from this period a bit more after the launch hype dries up.

I meant his response to a different user, someone who often doesn´t get past a one-liner.

Ah well I apologize then. Seems he has me on ignore anyway, so I guess I'll never know when I talked badly about the 3DS last holiday in japan.

donny2112

Funny how no one actually responded to my argument.

You're developing a persecution complex, metalslimer.

Still don't think it'll be like Vita after Pikmin 3 and Wii Fit U. (That's the situation you're describing there.)

Funny how when you agree with someone on something how your tune will change.

Or we just don't post? I agree that the NSMB U's sales are dependent on Wii U and not the other way around, so I didn't respond to BishopLamont's post, since you already had said as much.

Top Bottom