• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Gymnastics Rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLB2

Banned
OmniGamer said:
...like there are no male athlethes with vain little things like tattoos or distinctive haircuts/haircolor, etc
When a man or a woman has a tattoo or does something to their hair, its generally done for a reason other than trying to get a better score in a sporting event. After all, a tattoo is permanent and the athlete's descicion to get it probably had nothing to do with his or her sport. But when you see a female gymnast outside of competition, she will not be wearing the massive amount of makeup that she wears during competition. Its not a vain little thing but an attempt to increase her score.

OmniGamer

NLB2 said:
When a man or a woman has a tattoo or does something to their hair, its generally done for a reason other than trying to get a better score in a sporting event. After all, a tattoo is permanent and the athlete's descicion to get it probably had nothing to do with his or her sport. But when you see a female gymnast outside of competition, she will not be wearing the massive amount of makeup that she wears during competition. Its not a vain little thing but an attempt to increase her score.

I don't understand that viewpoint...if the bitch falls, she falls. No amount of rouge is going to change that and negate the deductions. It's just what some do to express themselves and be distinctive.

NLB2

Banned
If they want to be distinctive they should be distinctive in their gymnastics and not rely on makeup for their individuality.

OmniGamer

NLB2 said:
If they want to be distinctive they should be distinctive in their gymnastics and not rely on makeup for their individuality.

Obviously i was talking about their LOOKS when I said distinctive...but you can be as dense as you'd like to be on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom