• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake Announced - Master Collection coming in Autumn 2023 | PlayStation Showcase

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WHOS MAKING IT? Can’t see it ANYWHERE??

dotnotbot

At least they're remastering old versions so it's something for everyone.

Well, unless they fuck those up.

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I love how even the bandana is angry lmfao

Mortal Kombat Rambo GIF by Xbox

K2D

Banned
Saving grace for me in this showcase, but disappointed by lack of gameplay and story beats :messenger_expressionless:

Last edited:

Banned
I mean Konami is seemingly trying to emulate the antics of Kojima by naming is Metal Gead Solid Triangle lol

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: K2D

mortal

Gold Member
If it were Kojima, he'd announce it with the trailer running in-engine at the very least.

No gameplay, not even so much a release window, doesn't exactly scream confidence imo. This seems very far out

Last edited:

RaduN

No Kojima no care.
Ign article says that the dialogue and story are untouched, so this means the exact same cutscenes and codecs, with upgraded polygons. Similar to pachislot stuff, which was frame by frame identical to original.

Horrible reveal honestly. Kojima is truly one of a kind in creating hype (and delivering).

dotnotbot

Bro, the fact that THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME METAL GEAR SOLID 1 is coming to PS5, and that I will be able to replay it in glorious HD with trophy support - this makes me cum. It's literally THE best announcement of today's showcase for me.

Right? I'm also more happy with it than the remake.

VinnyMac

I'm just hoping for the ps1 version with trophy support. All this master collection is, is the legacy collection we got back on the ps2. I think the master collection is ps5 only

K2D

Banned
I wonder why I let myself get excited by this when I have no confidence in Konami and MG Survive exist..

Manji Uzuki

This is the worse MGS trailer ever. What a way of killingbthe hype of such an announcement. Also not saying who is developing this... Very worrying

First I thought the trailer was for a new Socom game.

I would have cladly seen some gameplay.

It was fun to at least hear Mr. Hayter's voice.

RaduN

Bro, the fact that THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME METAL GEAR SOLID 1 is coming to PS5, and that I will be able to replay it in glorious HD with trophy support - this makes me cum. It's literally THE best announcement of today's showcase for me.
What glorious HD? It's the same old psx game, with horribly upscaled resolution. It will literally look like shit.
Hopefully 2 and 3 will not have the same incomplete graphics (missing post processing effects) like in ps3 HD release. But i know it will.

Top Bottom