• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid: Samus Returns Review Thread

Saoshyant

3uom4gij.jpg

h9fIvwU.jpg

13ruce

Banned
Hold me GAF! I already found a copy of the game in a local shop - this is a dream coming true! I have been waiting for a new 2D Metroid since the early Nintendo DS days and now it's finally here!

3uom4gij.jpg

I AM SO FUCKING JEALOUS RIGHT NOW!!!!
Enjoy!

Lunar15

So I went to YouTube to listen to the SR388 Surface remix again and found out the entire soundtrack was leaked. Only two things to say:

1. Spoilers ahoy. Preview the game's music at your own risk, although what I could gleam from the titles what they were..."implying" seemed really cool.

2. Goddamn at the quality all around. For anyone who thought the Ancient Chozo Ruins theme grated on the nerves, you have nothing to fear.

The sound track feels outrageously appropriate for a Metroid II remake. It's moody and atmospheric in just the right ways. The sound team definitely dialed back some of the "epicness" that expanded a bit too much in prime 3, but it definitely retains that prime feel.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Bummer to read Jeremy's thoughts, as I trust him with a game like this about as much as anyone. Still excited to give it a go.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Metroid Samus Returns LE
Metroid amiibo Metroid
Metroid amiibo Samus

These just shipped to me, tomorrow will be mine!!!

You are aware that the rating logo size is not decided by USK but by the government?

FUCK ANGELA MERKEL, THE GERMAN GOVERNMENT AND THE ENTIRE GERMAN ELECTORATE

...and if you're down with Angela Merkel, the German Government and the entire German electorate

THEN FUCK YOU TOO

This being NeoGaf, I need to point out that this is a joke

yuoke

Banned
I'd prefer nothing other m OR am2r related in the thread title. Give this game a time to shine. Let this be a fresh start for metroid.

Astral Dog

Metroid: Samus Returns |OT| Support this, you fucks.

That's the fucking one, right there!!
eehh as much as i love Metroid (and 2D Metroid) these kind of messages on an OT are weird, specially when someone demands people to buy a game just because.
and there are so much more relevant titles for it :)
I'm always confused by this sentiment. Do people really believe Super Metroid will never be surpassed? I feel like this is such a defeatist attitude to have. Super Metroid is obviously highly revered, but there are lots of ways to improve on Super Metroid. In the Metroidvania revolution we are currently in the midst of, it's really only a matter of time until something hits all the Super Metroid bullet points and also surpasses them.

Especially if Nintendo has a revived interest in the format.

PRIME>>SUPER

Metroid Prime was the Super formula perfected and on 3D (except for the final boss, Super was legendary)

tesqui

Best Buy sent me an email saying it just shipped! Hype has increased significantly. Today and tomorrow will mostly consist of checking tracking #.

It's great to see these reviews. Now, we need it to sell well so Nintendo realizes it's a valuable property for them. The only thing that has me concerned is being on the 3DS and most people have moved on to the Switch. Hopefully though this is one game they won't want to miss.

Thatanas

It's great to see these reviews. Now, we need it to sell well so Nintendo realizes it's a valuable property for them. The only thing that has me concerned is being on the 3DS and most people have moved on to the Switch. Hopefully though this is one game they won't want to miss.
70 million 3DS out there, hardly 'most people' have moved on.

Top Bottom