• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Jai White and Kill Bill Volume II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Let's talk about the deleted scene in Kill Bill Volume II and who Michael Jai White is. I bought the dvd yesterday and watched the scene. I thought is was pretty entertaining to watch, but most of you guys were right in that the scene did not fit into the overall flow of the film.

But the question is, how do you know this for sure? When exactly is the scene supposed to take place within the film's continuity? Was it a flashback during the camp fire scene or what?

I have heard many good things about this MJW guy. The only film I have seen him in is Exit Wounds. I heard he's something like a 10th degree Black belt in Kung Fu and in Karate, as well as possesing numerous skills in other styles. His movements in both Kill Bill and Exit Wounds appears to be natural and more fluid than Wasley's. Wasley's moves looked more stiff in the Blade films and in Passenger 57. I don't really like Wesley's style. He's quick but his moves are kinda herky jerky, unlike say, Jet's, know what I'm sayin?

I am curious as to why MJW is not in more films given his talent and skill. You'd think he'd have a part in at least a Jackie or Jet flick. Or even one of the Blade films.

I wanna know what else he has been in. Are there any other films that showcase his fighting talents on screen beside Exit Wounds and KB II?

DMczaf

I am curious as to why MJW is not in more films given his talent and skill.

6304712499.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Theres your answer.

hobbitx

I loved him in Toxic Avenger II, he was fucking hilarious.

I think he's an excellent actor and I thought he was great in Tyson, I have no idea why he doesn't get more work, he certainly deserves more.

AeroGod

Spawn is the movie that killed careers. I shit you not, 90% of the people who worked on the movie are nothing now. NOTHING! The director worked on the special effects for Jurassic Park and T2, then he directed Spawn and prety much never did anything ever again. John Leguizamo is pretty much a piece of shit now too.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
DMczaf said:

6304712499.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Theres your answer.

Yeah...too bad that wasn't his fault... for another well BAD movie that has a little bit of showcasing of Michael Jai White please see Universal Soldier: The Return... yeah the one with Goldberg... terrible, movie, but Jai does a bit of martial arts at the end.

For a movie that REALLY lets you get to see what he can do if you have an all region DVD player pick up SilverHawk... it's a Michelle Yeoh movie that is oh... what maybe a year old? His costume is incredibly goofy(he isn't the only one though), but there's some really good long fights in the movie.

Aero you forget Leguizamo did quite alot after Spawn he got the leading role in Empire and he did voice work in Ice Age(the sloth), he really only dabbles in acting, his first love is still comedy.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Yeah well when your starting out beggars cant be choosers he probably just needed work i mean come on very few actors are in great movies from the beggining. I just wish they had taped that first scene that was in the script from kill bill 2 that shows how bad ass Bill really is and he's on a hit when he actually did the killing.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
DarienA said:
For a movie that REALLY lets you get to see what he can do if you have an all region DVD player pick up SilverHawk... it's a Michelle Yeoh movie that is oh... what maybe a year old? His costume is incredibly goofy(he isn't the only one though), but there's some really good long fights in the movie.

Hmm, what kinda movie is Silverhawk? Martial Arts? Sci-Fi? Crime Drama?

AeroGod

isamu said:
Hmm, what kinda movie is Silverhawk? Martial Arts? Sci-Fi? Crime Drama?

Its a super hero flick. The villian uses cell phones to mind control people. LOL Its not bad though

i loved the MJW scene that was deleted and wish they would have kept it in.

not cause of MJW, but just because of the way it was done....the way MJW was talking...the way it was done like old school wu tang flicks.

"you bastard"

peace

isamu

Fixed2BeBroken said:
i loved the MJW scene that was deleted and wish they would have kept it in.

not cause of MJW, but just because of the way it was done....the way MJW was talking...the way it was done like old school wu tang flicks.

"you bastard"

peace

LOL yeah that was cool! :cool:

isamu said:
I heard he's something like a 10th degree Black belt in Kung Fu and in Karate, as well as possesing numerous skills in other styles.

Most Kung Fu doesn't have belt rankings unless its been Americanized and adopted a belt system. In fact the only legit 10th dan from Kung Fu I've ever heard of is the late Chang Tung Sheng, a Shuai Chaio stylist.

As for Karate 10th dan. There's a slew of those walking around. You can buy those easy in America.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
AeroGod said:
Spawn is the movie that killed careers. I shit you not, 90% of the people who worked on the movie are nothing now. NOTHING! The director worked on the special effects for Jurassic Park and T2, then he directed Spawn and prety much never did anything ever again. John Leguizamo is pretty much a piece of shit now too.

Jason Wynn still has work:
B0001M3MYS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

karasu

I wasn't too keen on Kill Bill 1, the visuals were great, but the acting and dialogue annoyed the hell out of me. Which is weird for a Tarantino movie, so I blame Thurman. Kill Bill 2 is easily my movie of the year though. I don't see anything changing that in the immediate future.

Kill Bill Vol 2 is definitely the best movie of the year, I think, possibly topped by Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's a shame moviegoers don't recognize it's superiority to Volume 1.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Ahhh good to hear some Volume 2 praise. Everyone I talk to always has the same response about it. "WTF volume 1 was so much better more fights omg they talk to much in vol 2 rooflez" Bah, I say!

Anyway, I loved MJW in the cut scene. =) He pulled off the campyness the scene was going for very well (though I guess that's not too hard to do...)

Love the way he delivered the "Hahaha-you bastard."

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
LinesInTheSand said:
Kill Bill Vol 2 is definitely the best movie of the year, I think, possibly topped by Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's a shame moviegoers don't recognize it's superiority to Volume 1.

:lol

I enjoyed Kill Bill Volume 2, as I wasn't expecting the same sort of movie as Volume 1, but Volume 1 just works so much better to me and is a lot more fun to watch. I can certainly see why people were disappointed that the sequel to what was basically a campy gore-filled action movie were surprised to find a more drama-flavored love story (still containing the gore and some fighting, of course!) though.

XS+

Banned
I prefer the style of KB1, and it's an easier, more evenly-paced watch than KB2. But both movies compliment each other nicely, and put together they become my favorite QT-directed film.

PS. They should have included the Damoe scene in the final cut. (probably before Bill tells the campfire tale of Pai Mei). Include at least one scene that illustrates what makes Bill such an 'Urami Bushi' (ruthless warrior)
PPS. the music in the KB saga is godly.

Just came from an all-night Tarantino binge, and I have to say that for being "only half the story," Kill Bill, Vol. 2 holds up very well against his other works. David Carradine better get a damn Oscar nod for this movie; he OWNS it.

karasu

Watch any movie outside of The Gift (Sam Raimi is genius) and tell me that Keanu Reeves isn't a stiff actor.

jett

D-Member
I liked Volume 1 better...mainly because I was disappointed by quite a bit when I watched Volume 2 at the theaters. Like many, I was expecting to see the MJW scene in the film(motherfuckers even used it in the V2 trailer, that's called deceitful advertising, you Miramax sons of bitches)...and Tarantino and Vivica A. Fox both said that there was gonna be an animated scene in there too. TEH BLEH.

Maybe I'll like it more when I watch it on DVD. :p

NLB2

Banned
AeroGod said:

John Leguizamo was awesome in Summer of Sam

hobbitx said:
I loved him in Toxic Avenger II, he was fucking hilarious.

I think he's an excellent actor and I thought he was great in Tyson, I have no idea why he doesn't get more work, he certainly deserves more.

He was awesome in Tyson.

isamu

XS+ said:
PS. They should have included the Damoe scene in the final cut. (probably before Bill tells the campfire tale of Pai Mei). Include at least one scene that illustrates what makes Bill such an 'Urami Bushi' (ruthless warrior)
PPS. the music in the KB saga is godly.

The more I think about the more I agree with this. The scene is about as 'out of place' as the pai mei scene...in other words, they're both equally as appropriate in the film.

jett said:
Like many, I was expecting to see the MJW scene in the film(motherfuckers even used it in the V2 trailer, that's called deceitful advertising, you Miramax sons of bitches)...

So true....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom