• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Game Dev update (GDC 2022)

kingfey

Banned
I'm not confused. I know what they're hiding but don't want to show it, even to devs.
It just says that people who like gamepass spend more, not that after gamepass people spend more.
Why do you think people subscribe to gamepass? Because they hate it.
Your logic doesn't make a sense.
You aren't making a sense here.

Its very simple. If you have gamepass, you have money at your disposal, which would have gone to a handful of games.

Now your money will go to the games that aren't on gamepass.

All gamepass does, is give you better judgment on what to spend money on.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I already told you.

If you have gamepass, you save money.

This is why gamepass users spend more money.

ROFL

You aren't telling me anything.. not sure what your posts have to do with mine.

MS has yet to give us a certain figure, neither you nor I know what that figure is.. if people actually spend more money after or not, has not been stated.

Last edited:

reksveks

MS isn't telling us how gamers actual spending habits change after getting Gamepass.
their current comparison does kinda depends on the quality of the lookalike model and the seed audience. I think the % is still useful though even if they don't give an absolute number, these slides are for devs/pubs in a public context, maybe the publishers are getting more information..

kingfey

Banned
ROFL

You aren't telling me anything.. not sure what your posts have to do with mine.

MS has yet to give us a certain figure, neither you nor I know what that figure is.. if people actually spend more money after or not, has not been stated.
What number would you be satisfied?
Because gamepass is growing Fast. And those figures would be useless.

What you need to know, is that gamepass users will spend more money, since they have alot interaction with xbox systems.

More time spent on the system, more chance on checking the store, more chances of buying games.

Then you get the exposure to new genre. Which will make those gamers, buy genre which they weren't sure before.

That is all you need to know the figure.

RevGaming

Why do you think people subscribe to gamepass? Because they hate it.
Your logic doesn't make a sense.
You aren't making a sense here.

Its very simple. If you have gamepass, you have money at your disposal, which would have gone to a handful of games.

Now your money will go to the games that aren't on gamepass.

All gamepass does, is give you better judgment on what to spend money on.

You just don't get it.
There's not even a clue on this data that it says that people who sub, suddenly spend 50% more after Gamepass. Nowhere.

Let me give you an example:

Gamer Z buys 8 games per year.
Gamer X buys 2 games per year.

Gamer Z subscribes to GP, and now bought 3 games that year vs 8 from last year.

Gamer Z, spent 50% more than Gamer X, but Z bought less games vs last year.

What's interesting about this data, is that it seems Gamepass caters to the hardcore that play many games already, but not to the casual.
Now is my assumption a fact, no? But it seems like they're hiding that important detail and I feel sure that's exactly what's happening due to no reporting on sales and third party games sales ratio on both consoles.

Last edited:

RevGaming

What you need to know, is that gamepass users will spend more money, since they have alot interaction with xbox systems.
No! That's not what it's happening. They're spending more because those users usually spent more before they were subbed to Gamepass. Whales will be whales.
It's not saying anything about spending more after subbing.

It needs to say: People who bought 10 games before Gamepass, now buy 20 games on Gamepass, but it's not saying that.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

It's probably one of the most important and useful number MS has because they are currently converting existing Xbox gamers to Gamepass at a higher rate than they are making new XBox gamers, almost certainly.

It's not about my satisfaction, it's about my curiosity.

I just would love to know that number.

Last edited:

reksveks

What's interesting about this data, is that it seems Gamepass caters to the hardcore that play many games already, but not to the casual.
gets a bit weird when you are thinking about defining hardcore. is it a person playing one type of game for a very long term or a person playing alot of different games for short periods individiaully?

To me the interesting bit is the 190% growth in GP payments but more the 110% increase in game/dlc sales for ID@xbox devs.

reksveks

No! That's not what it's happening. They're spending more because those users usually spent more before they were subbed to Gamepass. Whales will be whales.
It's not saying anything about spending more after subbing.

It needs to say: People who bought 10 games before Gamepass, now buy 20 games on Gamepass, but it's not saying that.
those whales should be captured in the LAL group in theory as well, it all depends on the model really.

RevGaming

gets a bit weird when you are thinking about defining hardcore. is it a person playing one type of game for a very long term or a person playing alot of different games for short periods individiaully?

To me the interesting bit is the 190% growth in GP payments but more the 110% increase in game/dlc sales for ID@xbox devs.

I define a hardcore as someone who plays a good variety of games and doesn't stick to one game.

I would use playtime to classify a person a Gamer, but not use it to classify it between hardcore and casual.

The point is. People who play Apex, COD and NBA aren't the target for gamepass. It's people who buy 10-20 games per year and see they can save a lot. Now those 10-20 could 5, but still be 50% more than non GP users.

I'm just saying it's vague and people running with it like all Xbox games studios games will sell 50% more, which the opposite that is happening. It's a trillion dollar company for a reason. They play chess with numbers and show the best looking stats.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
It's probably one of the most important and useful number MS has because they are currently converting existing Xbox gamers to Gamepass at a higher rate than they are making new XBox gamers, almost certainly.

It's not about my satisfaction, it's about my curiosity.

I just would love to know that number.
Then wait for gamepass numbers then. Use the estimate they gave you, on those numbers.

Last year, there 7m users that joined gamepass. If 20% of those are pc, 5.6m would be xbox users.

If 40% of new gamepass users spend more money, then that would be 2.2m users spending more money.

That is your numbers that you want.

RevGaming

Last year, there 7m users that joined gamepass. If 20% of those are pc, 5.6m would be xbox users.

If 40% of new gamepass users spend more money, then that would be 2.2m users spending more money.
There's nothing that says that they spend 40% EXTRA after joining.

kingfey

Banned
You just don't get it.
There's not even a clue on this data that it says that people who sub, suddenly spend 50% more after Gamepass. Nowhere.

Let me give you an example:

Gamer Z buys 8 games per year.
Gamer X buys 2 games per year.

Gamer Z subscribes to GP, and now bought 3 games that year vs 8 from last year.

Gamer Z, spent 50% more than Gamer X, but Z bought less games vs last year.

Now is my assumption a fact, no? But it seems like they're hiding that important detail and I feel sure that's exactly what's happening due to no reporting on sales and third party games sales ratio on both consoles.
What you are ignoring is that those who buy 2 games, are being exposed to more games.

Its like the person who only buys 3 sets of clothes every year. Then this person joins fashion show. That person would buy more clothes now.

The more exposed you are to something, the more you will be catered to.

Also casuals buy alot of games. Hardcore users have taste. Looking at this website, which is full of hardcore players, most of them wouldn't touch or even buy 60%-70% of games that are on gamepass.

Casuals buy those small games, that that hardcore people ignore.
For $60, I can buy 5-6 games as a casual. While hardcore gamers go to more prestige games, due to their taste.

arvfab

Banned
Every time I see Phil, he reminds me of MIB and expect him to do this

200.gif

kingfey

Banned
No what I'm asking for is incredibly simple and I've spelled it out like 5 times and it has nothing to do with your rambling friendo.
Because you have no idea what you want.
You keep rambling nonstop, after I broke it down to you easily.
  • Members play 40% more titles after joining.
More games to play with gamepass.
  • Members play games across 30% more genres after joining.
new gamepass users have more games now. Games, which they didnt play, because they arent interested on those genre.

• GP members spend 50% more than similar users.
This is casual vs casual. Hardcore vs hardcore.
So casual gamepass users spend more than casual non gamepass users.
Hardcore gamepass users spend more money than hardcore non gamepass users.

This is because gamepass users are playing the games they would have spent money on. So they spend their money on other games, which will lead them to spend more money in the future. Same for hardcore users.

You do that math, that you desperately need.

reksveks

I'm just saying it's vague and people running with it like all Xbox games studios games will sell 50% more, which the opposite that is happening. It's a trillion dollar company for a reason. They play chess with numbers and show the best looking stats.
I don't think those people understand the statistics, those percentages typically are across the platform instead of a single game but I agree that it's vague. I would like to see what the model for the lal is aka does it include playtime? Does it include the min number of games played in a week/month etc?

I don't think that's the interesting stats from today's slides personally.

Yes, this is all an informercial for publishers/devs

IntentionalPun

Because you have no idea what you want.
You keep rambling nonstop, after I broke it down to you easily.
  • Members play 40% more titles after joining.

You can't be serious here.

I am asking for MS to tell us this same figure you just quoted but with $$ not number of titles played.

That's it.

Members spend +-XX% after joining.

I'm curious what that number is.

MS hasn't given it.

That is all.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned

I am asking for MS to tell us this same figure you just quoted but with $$ not number of titles played.

That's it.

MS hasn't given it.

That is all.
RDT-20220323-1920094351918237425044611.webp

After this picture, its more of casuals vs casuals. and Hardcore vs hardcore users.

There.

Look alike is Hardcore vs hardcore. Casuals vs casuals.

The users spend the same money they spent before. Its just after gamepass, they buy more games. Since they dont have to worry about buying the wrong game, and regret.

IntentionalPun

There.

Look alike is Hardcore vs hardcore. Casuals vs casuals.

The users spend the same money they spent before. Its just after gamepass, they buy more games. Since they dont have to worry about buying the wrong game, and regret.
Dude come on

That's them avoiding telling us the number, not them telling us the number.

Last edited:
I define a hardcore as someone who plays a good variety of games and doesn't stick to one game.

I would use playtime to classify a person a Gamer, but not use it to classify it between hardcore and casual.

The point is. People who play Apex, COD and NBA aren't the target for gamepass. It's people who buy 10-20 games per year and see they can save a lot.

On the contrary, COD sells full price games, too. It isn't just COD Warzone and nothing else. Having all of those standalone games, past, present, future, added to Game Pass will not be an insignificant event. It will meaningfully boost game pass's popularity and thus subscribers. It will be popular to existing Game Pass subscribers, giving them more reasons to justify staying subscribed. It will be further draw the attention of even non game pass subscribers and make many seriously consider joining Game Pass.

If you play videogames period, be it NBA, Apex, COD, FIFA etc., you are 100% the target for Game Pass. There is nobody who plays game that isn't the target for Game Pass. That variety in game types, genres, tastes is the main attraction of Game Pass. It has a little something of everything.

Also don't forget that Game Pass Ultimate also includes EA Access.

kingfey

Banned
Dude come on

Are you saying, people who used to spend money on games before they subscribed to gamepass, would suddenly stop spending money on games?
These numbers are those people.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I never would've played The Gunk if it wasn't on Gamepass and I loved it.
Yeah, me too. I just tried it out for a few minutes on xCloud since I figured I wouldn't actually want to play it especially with the meh reviews and ended up D/Ling and binge playing it. It was a fun little game that I would never have played in a million years if not for Game Pass.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

That sounds like an average Game Pass subscriber to me.

Dude come on

What numbers do you keep asking for ? MS hasn't given out hardware numbers or software sales numbers in years.

Trust me they're not trying to pull a fast one over your specific eyes with these slides :messenger_grimmacing_

These metrics are telling us that people who susbcribe to game pass generally spend 50% more than people who don't on the same environments.

If they were spending 10$ before, they're on average spending $15 since subscribing to game pass, as an example.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Are you saying, people who used to spend money on games before they subscribed to gamepass, would suddenly stop spending money on games?
These numbers are those people.
No I'm saying MS is avoiding telling us the difference in spend before and after joining Gamepass.

Instead they only show a comparison to a "look-a-like." Why not the actual average of before vs after, JUST LIKE THEY DO WITH the number of titles people play?

I'm not making any guesses at what that number might be.. I'm just saying they haven't given it to us.

If you want to understand my point further, perhaps read the 10 posts of mine you quoted, then read them again, until you get it.. because man I have no clue why you can't seem to comprehend this lol

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
That is super average. Plus what defines good variety games?

Hardcore would mean buying day1 games nonstop, buying 1st party games, buying certain company games, or playing few games nonstop. No matter what the game is.
People who complete returnal and Elden Ring are hardcore users, because most gamers would quit the game due to the game design.

RevGaming

RDT-20220323-1920094351918237425044611.webp

After this picture, its more of casuals vs casuals. and Hardcore vs hardcore users.
That doesn't say people who join Gamepass spend 50% more after joining.
That says people who are on Gamepass spend 50% more than non GP users.

You need to ask someone in person. I don't think I'm getting through you via text.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
No I'm saying MS is avoiding telling us the difference in spend before and after joining Gamepass.

Instead they only show a comparison to a "look-a-like." Why not the actual average of before vs after, JUST LIKE THEY DO WITH the number of titles people play?

I'm not making any guesses at what that number might be.. I'm just saying they haven't given it to us.

If you want to understand my point further, perhaps read the 10 posts of mine you quoted, then read them again, until you get it.. because man I have no clue why you can't seem to comprehend this lol
Because look-alike inclused people who are casuals and hardcore people. It compares these 2 people, when similar people like them join gamepass.

Casual A buys 6 games a year. Casual B joins gamepass. Now he has access to alot of games. So he will buy more than 6 games. Before, he used to buy the same amount of games like Casual A.

Hardcore A buys 20 games a year. Hardcore B joins gamepass. He now has more variety of games at his disposal. He will buy the sequal for these games, and the games he used to buy before.

Being exposed to more games will make you buy more games. Its very simple.

As for hard data numbers, They cant share it.
A: WE are not developers or publishers.
B: We are not investors.

So they have 0 desire to share it with us.

IntentionalPun

If they were spending 10$ before, they're on average spending $15 since subscribing to game pass, as an example.

Except that's not the number they are giving. They are obfuscating it.

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy theory of the highest order; it's just an obvious omission from their stats.

Look it's this simple, look at these 2 statements:

- GT Members play 40% more games after joining, than before
- GT Members spend 50% more than look-a-likes*

* please make your best guess what that means

Can you really not spot the difference? For one stat they show before and after, for the other, they compare against lookalikes.

MS knows the real number, and aren't telling us.

I don't know how to be more clear lol

I will still sleep soundly tonight not caring that much.. this is not a bash on Gamepass, maybe the actual number is very close to that 50%, maybe it's higher, maybe lower.. the point is.. we don't know.

What do I suspect?

I suspect the number isn't anywhere near that good which is why they have chosen to obfuscate it.

Last edited:

adamsapple

That says people who are on Gamepass spend 50% more than non GP users.

My god, this is like the thinnest of scrapes you're digging at here lol.

People who join fresh, or people who have been subbed for a while, what difference does it make, people who currently are on game pass tend to spend 50% more than people who aren't on game pass in the same environments.

There's some real masterful word play going on here lol

Last edited:
This means gamepass game announcements on social media.
Every Bi-tuesday gamepass drops sets of games on their social media and website.
The news website picks up the games, and make a news segment for them. Then you get other people sharing those games to their friends.

This is an effective ads, since you aren't paying money yo advertise it. People will advertise it for you.

It's effective, I'm not arguing that. I'm saying it's not enough on its own for a lot of different types of games. It's a great supplemental form of marketing for a game, I agree with that notion, but as the only means of marketing? It it's particularly effective, because for people outside of the ecosystem (who aren't already subscribed to the service), that type of marketing doesn't give people enough information or time to learn about the game so they have to hinge their bet on the service and go from there.

There are a lot of people still iffy on game subscription services in the form of GamePass, you'd have a better means of getting them subscribed if you did more eventful marketing for specific games. Look at what they're doing with Starfield right now; they could be doing more there with marketing IMHO, but they're gradually selling more people on the game off the game's own merits and qualities (or what they're promising those will be) and aren't hinging that on the service to sell the game, because that wouldn't do anything for people who are more into the actual content rather than the service delivering the content.

That WOM social media marketing can be a great supplemental boost, we've seen that in action with Elden Ring. But if Elden Ring had ONLY that as a form of marketing, it wouldn't have done anywhere near the numbers it's ended up doing. I don't think pairing that model of marketing with a service alone really provides a superior method of marketing than that + traditional marketing + gradual build-up of game detail reveals (and gameplay alongside it) leading up to launch, IMHO.

kingfey

Banned
Easy mode
people who are on Gamepass
vs
non GP users.

Non-GP users become GP users, when they join the service. Their spending habit is the same.

Only difference is that GP users now have more option to choose, unlike Non-GP users. So GP users tend to spend more money than them.

GP users tried different genre games. They will buy those games. Non=GP users dont have that experience.

Its all about experience. And what both party got exposed to.

RevGaming

On the contrary, COD sells full price games, too. It isn't just COD Warzone and nothing else. Having all of those standalone games, past, present, future, added to Game Pass will not be an insignificant event. It will meaningfully boost game pass's popularity and thus subscribers. It will be popular to existing Game Pass subscribers, giving them more reasons to justify staying subscribed. It will be further draw the attention of even non game pass subscribers and make many seriously consider joining Game Pass.

If you play videogames period, be it NBA, Apex, COD, FIFA etc., you are 100% the target for Game Pass. There is nobody who plays game that isn't the target for Game Pass. That variety in game types, genres, tastes is the main attraction of Game Pass. It has a little something of everything.

Also don't forget that Game Pass Ultimate also includes EA Access.
Well I'm not the target of Gamepass and neither those that play 2-3 games per year, that may not be on Gamepass anyways.

That sounds like an average Game Pass subscriber to me.
Exactly. Some people say Gamepass is for the casual when it's not. I think this says Gamepass is not for the casual.

What numbers do you keep asking for ? MS hasn't given out hardware numbers or software sales numbers in years.
How much people spend on average before and after gamepass. They haven't given that number.
That is super average. Plus what defines good variety games?

Hardcore would mean buying day1 games nonstop, buying 1st party games, buying certain company games, or playing few games nonstop. No matter what the game is.
People who complete returnal and Elden Ring are hardcore users, because most gamers would quit the game due to the game design.
We have a different definition of hardcore.

RevGaming

People who join fresh, or people who have been subbed for a while, what difference does it make, people who currently are on game pass tend to spend 50% more than people who aren't on game pass in the same environments.
It does make A HUGE difference! Why can't you and the garfield guy get it. We have presented the explanation in various forms and you both still don't get it.
No. Remove yourself from console war mindset. A word matters in these things.
Non-GP users become GP users, when they join the service. Their spending habit is the same.
It doesn't say that!!! I wish we were talking. That would help.

I ran out of ways to explain. Yall just reread until you get it.

Last edited:

That's it.

MS hasn't given it.

That is all.

The numbers that really matter for game pass are total subscribers, total players and revenue. There's a reason total players is something Activision brings up in every single one of their financial reports. It's why Sony brings it up a lot also. The more players you have the more potential engagement and spending you have on games, inside of games and on add on content for games. So that's important. Revenue, I don't need to say why that's important, it's obvious. Total subscribers, again, I don't have to say why that's important, it's obvious.

Let's just assess Game Pass's revenue

Let's take the last reported subscriber count of 25 million. Assuming only 1/3rd have Game Pass Ultimate that = $3.48 billion in revenue for a year.

Game Pass has gained 15 million subscribers in just the last 2 years alone. Started 2020 with 10 million subscribers.

Phil has already said it, you can use the numbers yourself and do the math and see what Game Pass is for them. The notion that they're burning all this cash, he has made clear, is simply not the case. Perhaps now that Microsoft Gaming has its very own corporate structure inside Microsoft now where Phil is CEO, we will be much more likely to get all these details after the Activision acquisition closes. Or this detail could start coming in the very next quarterly or fiscal report.

Either way, trust and believe Game Pass is a massive success for Microsoft. It's a major part of the reason they're so confident to spend the kind of money they're spending right now on gaming. This is why they tell people "Play it Day One with Game Pass." They're less selling you on a console than they are selling you on Game Pass itself. Series S is seeing harder advertisement than Series X because they know the hardcore audience is fully aware of Series X.

kingfey

Banned
It's effective, I'm not arguing that. I'm saying it's not enough on its own for a lot of different types of games. It's a great supplemental form of marketing for a game, I agree with that notion, but as the only means of marketing? It it's particularly effective, because for people outside of the ecosystem (who aren't already subscribed to the service), that type of marketing doesn't give people enough information or time to learn about the game so they have to hinge their bet on the service and go from there.
Its more about curiosity. Ads work, because they want to grab your attention.
Mouth to mouth creates curiosity. People tend to be interested, when other normal people talk about those games, instead of ads that appear on a video or a poster. That type of advertisement is useful, because normal gamers tell their friends, who tell their other friends. Its spreads like a rumor.

There are a lot of people still iffy on game subscription services in the form of GamePass, you'd have a better means of getting them subscribed if you did more eventful marketing for specific games. Look at what they're doing with Starfield right now; they could be doing more there with marketing IMHO, but they're gradually selling more people on the game off the game's own merits and qualities (or what they're promising those will be) and aren't hinging that on the service to sell the game, because that wouldn't do anything for people who are more into the actual content rather than the service delivering the content.
People who are iffy about subscrption, are more likely to have other form of subscription.
Normal people dont care about that. First thing they do, is check the price, and what that service offers. 200m joined netflix, because it provides them alot of movies, without spending alot of money on them.

The people who care about quality, have bad faith. They all look at the price, instead of the quality.
Look at returnal, and ratchet and clank. short games, but high price. People call it quality games. Are those more quality, than Ori games? Its all about visuals and the price to them, and not the experience. So I wouldnt trust those people. Quality comes from experience, and not just from looks or the price.

That WOM social media marketing can be a great supplemental boost, we've seen that in action with Elden Ring. But if Elden Ring had ONLY that as a form of marketing, it wouldn't have done anywhere near the numbers it's ended up doing. I don't think pairing that model of marketing with a service alone really provides a superior method of marketing than that + traditional marketing + gradual build-up of game detail reveals (and gameplay alongside it) leading up to launch, IMHO.
Twitch, youtube, twitter, reddit and other social media can reach bigger audience. You just have to make the service enticing.
gamepass managed to explode thanx to Zenimax purchase, and 2021 E3. Now activision made it big. So alot of people are keen to what gamepass is offering now.
A service like that, would make MOW advertising effective, depends on what gem is on that list.

GOTG is exploding on twitter now, after square put it on gamepass. Before, Square considered a failure in term of sales.

IntentionalPun

It's really not the thinnest of grapes, otherwise MS wouldn't have repeatedly stated these numbers w/ the language they have.

This is like the 3rd time they've carefully avoided "before and after" language on spend, over the last 3 years.

This is all recurring revenue model 101 stuff particularly during a transition.

It's not the end of the world; it's just interesting to note the omission. And I'd still LOVE to see the real number.. that's it.. y'all are welcome to not want to see it lol

It'd reveal the health of their plan more than any of these other numbers IMO.. That and how many Gamepass users are completely new to the ecosystem.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
It doesn't say that!!! I wish we were talking. That would help.

I ran out of ways to explain. Yall just reread until you get it.
Because they are the same.
Gamepass users were the same as Non gamepass users, before they joined gamepass.

This isnt hard to understand. They become gamepass users AFTER they joined the service. Their buying habit is the same before they joined gamepass. Its that gamepass offers them more options with different genre.

Well I'm not the target of Gamepass and neither those that play 2-3 games per year, that may not be on Gamepass anyways.

Exactly. Some people say Gamepass is for the casual when it's not. I think this says Gamepass is not for the casual.

How much people spend on average before and after gamepass. They haven't given that number.

We have a different definition of hardcore.

See? This is why I always tell people don't speak in absolutes or guarantees. Your situation is never the case for other people. I'm a gamer that for the last number of years has largely focused on 1, 2 or just 3 games for the entire year if I really liked them. And I'm all the way on board with Game Pass. See the thing about me is I don't consider myself a schedule or release window gamer. I don't care how much hype a game has if I'm not yet ready for it. I will gladly play a game like it's brand new even though it released 2 or 3 years ago when most of the attention was on it.

I still haven't played Jedi: Fallen Order yet, and it's one of my most anticipated games by far. Because I was playing other things at the time or had other things I wanted to play. But I'll get to it when I'm ready. Some games I just had to play right away, though, like Halo Infinite, Quantum Break, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect 2. First time I played Mass Effect, I stopped after 2 weeks, and didn't return to finish beating it till like a year or two later.

Game Pass is super valuable to me even when I don't necessarily bounce between a ton of games. Just knowing it's as cheap as it is, $14.99 per month, and when I do desire, for whatever reason, to dive into an entirely different gaming experience, I can, that's all the reason in the world to justify Game Pass for me. But that won't be the case for somebody else. Just as I acknowledge there can be people who don't find Game Pass appealing (which is honestly mind boggling to me), it's also important to keep in mind that gamers at every level are a different breed. Do not presume to know what they will like or find value in with any type of absolute because there will always be someone that proves that wrong.

15 million new subscribers to Game Pass have disagreed with the negative view many hold about Game Pass in just the last 2 years.

adamsapple

15 million new subscribers to Game Pass have disagreed with the negative view many hold about Game Pass in just the last 2 years.

We know it's sitting on 25 million subscribers as of January, it's probably gonna increase a bunch by summer and by the end of the year with Starfield (and CoD if they manage to close the deal) it should reach 35~ million easily in my opinion, or even more if they do get CoD onboard by the end of the year.

Last edited:

RevGaming

Because they are the same.
Gamepass users were the same as Non gamepass users, before they joined gamepass.
Ok dude. Go spread the fake news that people who subbed are buying x1.5 more games after subbing. That's not what it says but I'm done explaining.
No. People aren't buying 6 games instead of 4 after subbing to gamepass (=50%). There's not indication of making people spend more or even less. The information is not being given because it's not a positive one.

kingfey

Banned
Ok dude. Go spread the fake news that people who subbed are buying x1.5 more games after subbing. That's not what it says but I'm done explaining.
I am not the one here, that is disregarding people who bought games before they joined gamepass, as people who wont buy more games.

Last edited:

RevGaming

I am not the one here, that is disregarding people who bought games before they joined gamepass, as people who wont buy more games.
All I'm saying, how many more games are people buying on xbox here after joining Gamepass?

Ask your xbox friend list, on the internet how their behavior has changed.
Idk what to tell you. I have xbox friends and all of them are buying less games after joining Gamepass.

These stats don't disprove that.

Take your own experience. How many games were you buying in 2014-2017 vs 2019-2022?

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
All I'm saying, how many more games are people buying on xbox here after joining Gamepass?

Ask your xbox friend list, on the internet how their behavior has changed.
Idk what to tell you. I have xbox friends and all of them are buying less games after joining Gamepass.

These stats don't disprove that.
A: Do you think people stopped buying games after they joined the service? Especially since you want to know how many games they buy?

B: Do you think people will not buy other genre, which they got introduced by gamepass?
For example, racing game like Forza horizon. games like the ascent, and indie games that are on gamepass.

Its widely known all over the world, that people are more likely to buy, things they are exposed to.

Top Bottom