• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has Closed the Activision Blizzard King Deal

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I agree. Gamepass is not new. If it’s the new crazy. It would be selling millions now.

It's not "the new crazy" because it hasn't had the large breadth of impossible to ignore AAA games at a steady cadence releasing every couple months.

That changes now.

You're literally describing all of the reasons Microsoft wanted to push forward with this acquisition in the first place.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Congrats to Phil Spencer, absolute legend. Took over when Xbox was in desperate state and has constantly delivered. Minecraft, Bethesda and Activision added to the greatest first party line up in history.

ShDV2AY.jpg

I can't see this image and not see the Yakuza / Like a Dragon template someone made over twitter

new-infinite-wealth-characters-look-interesting-v0-i53c5g8j8w7b1.jpg

Does anyone have a handle on the Ubisoft thing? All ABK games, plus DLC on Ubisoft+? I thought they just bought streaming rights outside of the EU? I must be misunderstanding something? The one thing the CMA did achieve is complicating the fuck out of everything :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ozriel

M$FT
It's not about getting this games out as long as they take away games from the competition. It's disruptive and lossleading strategy.

Such a unique strategy of taking away games by signing 10 year deals guaranteed to keep these games on all consoles 🙄

I hope MS ruins COD the way they ruined Halo so we can have some innovation and freshness in this space again.

‘innovation and freshness’ in the GaaS FPS genre is what Deviation Games promised for their PlayStation exclusive. Sony took one look at the game and bailed, cratering the studio.

Anything that can feasibly dethrone COD will most likely be a military shooter like COD.

Well this was the big play by Phil and its done, now you got to run with that ball Phil. Massive for the Xbox division and if they handle this right it will pay off big time. The future for Gamepass looks very good 😁

TheBomb

It's not "the new crazy" because it hasn't had the large breadth of impossible to ignore AAA games at a steady cadence releasing every couple months.

That changes now.

You're literally describing all of the reasons Microsoft wanted to push forward with this acquisition in the first place.
I mean from the beginning the console would be selling millions right now since the introduction of Gamepass.

Fabieter

Such a unique strategy of taking away games by signing 10 year deals guaranteed to keep these games on all consoles 🙄

‘innovation and freshness’ in the GaaS FPS genre is what Deviation Games promised for their PlayStation exclusive. Sony took one look at the game and bailed, cratering the studio.

Anything that can feasibly dethrone COD will most likely be a military shooter like COD.

So like all Bethesda games and future avb games.

sainraja

I’m not salty. There are no games that I even remotely play in this deal so I honestly don’t care. It’s just hilarious to see corporate cheerleaders on here, cheering on monopolistic acquisitions that don’t really create cutting edge or fun games.
...ever since the deal was first announced, people have turned into cheerleaders. It is about who can cheerlead for which corporation the loudest.
I don't really see how any specific gamer benefits from MS owning these, given that these IPs existed prior to this lol, so this is all just part of "console warring," and those that care about that have scored 1+ here. That is really what it boils down to.

Enjoy your victory day 😂
Haha, indeed. :D

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
It's not about getting this games out as long as they take away games from the competition. It's disruptive and lossleading strategy.

It's pretty crazy how all these announced games before 2020 don't even have a release date, no news no nothing. State of Decay 3, Contraband, Avowed, Everwild, Fable (only some teaser), Hellblade 2. Do i miss some titles?

It's crazy that even Starfield released BEFORE these games. What's up with that MS?

Tonight all xbox shills in front of Phil Spencers picture:

Ooh lord Phil, your vision is our hope, your service (gamepass), is our bread"

Last edited:
It's pretty crazy how all these announced games before 2020 don't even have a release date, no news no nothing. State of Decay 3, Contraband, Avowed, Everwild, Fable (only some teaser), Hellblade 2. Do i miss some titles?

It's crazy that even Starfield released BEFORE these games. What's up with that MS?
Them being "shit at managing game studios" basically sums it up.

ManaByte

Gold Member
People still assume it was a FPS because of the COD drama, but job postings from the studio described it as an online action-RPG.

Ozriel

M$FT
...ever since the deal was first announced, people have turned into cheerleaders. It is about who can cheerlead for which corporation the loudest.
I don't really see how any specific gamer benefits from MS owning these, given that these IPs existed prior to this lol, so this is all just part of "console warring," and those that care about that have scored 1+ here. That is really what it boils down to.

This certainly isn’t true. It’s easy to see that it benefits people who subscribe to GamePass, since the service gets a whole lot more value.

If you’re looking for ‘warring’, there’s certainly enough examples you’ve conveniently jumped over.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Well, that sucks for gaming in general. Nothing was gained, stuff was only taken away from a major part of the gaming audience.

Personally I don't really care though, Activision has nothing I want to play.
Name all these games being taken away in the next 5 years. It be at most one the Blizzard gaas survival game and since its a gaas good chance its coming to playstation to.

Top Bottom