• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft offering 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1 to new members!

In case you've somehow missed it, there's been a lot of talk lately about the excellent value of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. And it's just got even better, as you can now pay a measly £1/$1 to try Microsoft's gaming subscription service on for three months.

Quick caveat from the off: this latest promotion is only open to new members. If you've even had a Game Pass Ultimate membership or been on a free trial in the past, you won't be able to take advantage. If not, though, it's an incredibly cheap way to get access to games on the entire range of Xbox consoles and PC.

Now's as good a time as any to give Game Pass Ultimate a go as it's just received its biggest haul of new games so far - mostly thanks to the recent inclusion of EA Play at no extra cost. That's added the likes of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, FIFA 20 and the entire Mass Effect series to the service. Bioware keeps teasing a new entry of the sci-fi RPG, so why not treat yourself to another playthrough?

Other games added to the service in the last few weeks also include Doom Eternal, Control and Dragon Quest 11 - all absolutely worth a play if you haven't got around to them yet. And that's without mentioning the dozens of interesting indies or non-blockbuster titles, including Haven, Spiritfarer and Carto.

Oh, and there are a number of other perks on top of that as part of your membership, too. There's the ability to stream Game Pass titles to Android devices, or how about the 30 days access to Disney+ as well?

There doesn't seem to be a date when this offer expires, but I can't imagine it sticking around too long after the Christmas period. For those of you who have managed to find the Xbox Series X/S in stock, it'd be a perfect way to open up access to a whole library of games for next-to-nothing.

This sounds like a great deal if you're new to the Xbox.

Last edited:

poodaddy

If you're not on Gamepass and you have either a PC or an Xbox you're doing yourself a disservice. Best value in gaming, getting to try it for 3 months for a buck? That's a no brainer, git on it.

OrtizTwelve

Best deal in gaming and will change how you play and purchase games.

$1 for 3 months is basically “free”. You can cancel before the trial ends and set it to not renew I believe.

For anyone in doubt, like:

I always buy my games, I don't like cloud gaming. And most of the offering on both services either already owned or shit games. So shouting GamePass is useless and makes no sense when 99% of games are shit and the rest already owned.

gamepass has actually a very high quality catalogue.

Almost 50% of all Gamepass Games are 80+ metacritic games. How does this make 99% of them shit?

It would cost you €3,203.84 to buy all 80+ games of GamePass today, taking into account the Black Friday sale. That’s the equivalent of over 20 years of Gamepass Ultimate subscription.

See here:

Insane value.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
For anyone in doubt, like:

gamepass has actually a very high quality catalogue.

Almost 50% of all Gamepass Games are 80+ metacritic games. How does this make 99% of them shit?

It would cost you €3,203.84 to buy all 80+ games of GamePass today, taking into account the Black Friday sale. That’s the equivalent of over 20 years of Gamepass Ultimate subscription.

See here:

Insane value.

I can't see the value, and stop dragging me around with this BS. If you can't buy the games you care about that most of them won't be on GamePass then that's your own problem. I own around 180+ games on PS4 only, do calculate that now in dollars.

Last edited:
Wish they'd do a discount for existing members every once in a while. Even if you let your sub expire a discount to jump back in would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Aidah

A dollar to try for 3 months, not much to lose there. Who knows, maybe you'll see it as a big positive thing like some of the guys here, or maybe you'll feel it's an unnecessary added expense that's very rarely worthwhile, like I do.

Last edited:

begotten

Obviously it's a good deal, but if the service is so good, why has there been so many campaigns for this service over the last couple of years. And now, after two systems have come out, they're still doing another one yet for a longer duration now. Most of the people who use it on PC, use alternate accounts, so they're never retaining new customers for the long-term. Seems more concerning than amazing.

Calverz

Its incredible value. My friend just got my old x1x and didnt have ps4. The selection of games is stellar and with ea play added its absolutely awesome.

MacReady13

A dollar to try for 3 months, not much to lose there. Who knows, maybe you'll see it as a big positive thing like some of the guys here, or maybe you'll feel it's an unnecessary added expense that's very rarely worthwhile, like I do.
Agreed. Tried it for a month a little while ago and found nothing really of interest on there that I wanted to play. Besides, why pay for another fucking subscription service? I pay for games I want, not a monthly fee for games I’ll never play.

Top Bottom