• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft employees aren’t happy that they’re losing free Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozriel

M$FT
That’s taking penny pinching to ridiculous levels. Not worth the bad press, and it’s chicken change stuff to keep your own employees happy.
Clown shit going on over there.

LMAO the Xbox division really needs any revenue they can get to justify their $100 billion on acquisitions these days huh? But this seems really desperate, squeezing the company's own employees for loose change

You’re really trying your hardest to make ‘$100bn’ happen, aren’t you?

Flutta

Banned
The Office I Give Up GIF

That seems like a pretty silly benefit to cut. It really doesn't cost them much to give to employees at all, and it won't increase their revenue or lower costs in any significant way. Really stupid decision.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The age of charity is over. Now enter the age of regain costs, everybody has to pay that bill.
People are entitled.

When covid hit the fan and everyone at my company was told in the morning it's our last day in the office. Pack up, take everything home, work from home. Return to office is TBD. It was crazy as a lot of companies seemed to do WFH at once, news clips were rampant with old folks home deaths and people hoarding shit. Masks were out of stock etc..... It was a shit show.

Our company is cool and they give us free product all the time, including scheduled Freebie Days a few times a year. we get boxes of free crap (some stuff is useful, some who gives a shit and I give it away).

During our first online MS Teams Town Hall meeting with like 150-200 people online (and this was when our company's MS Teams was sketchy always with tech issues).

The execs are all talking health and safety, nobody knows when we'll return to office (yes, someone asked a question). You cant come to the office unless it's IT crew in the server room, or you got a really good reason and approval to come in.

One person online asked the execs..... I'm not joking...... "If were all working from home, how do we our boxes of free stuff?"

The answer from one of the execs: "You dont"

I couldnt believe it when I heard that. And the next time a bunch of us were online in a meeting the next day, we were all like WTF was that about? So everyone at the time is worried about covid lock down and one fucknut is worried about their box of random ding and dented bottles of floor cleaner and other shit you can buy at Walmart for $5-10.

Last edited:

Three

You're all here upset that they're not getting gamepass anymore. I'm here shocked that when they give some stat about player engagement nearly a quarter of a million of them could be MS employees!

In all seriousness, I guess people couldn't come up with an excuse as to why this tightening of costs is actually positive so this penny pinching is something MS does now. After all that nonsense about the unauthorised controller market actually being worthless to them.

Last edited:

MacReady13

Just keeps getting better and better for the once awesome Xbox brand. I mean, I'm no fan of game pass at all but, you would think this would be a minimum to supply for all Microsoft employees. Oh well, see how many subscribers they lose now with this greedy shit. Probably not much but it's still a dick move on their behalf.

GHound

Microsoft is right, but they're not going hard enough. Xbox division and the wonderful social media ambassadors should have to pay their own way as well. #ImWithNadella

Someone tell him what building means.
lzcnco4jeudwalcfiiem.jpg

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Imagine, you work for the biggest office appliance company in the world and they stop supplying their employees with free notebooks and pens. Free pens only for pen department and free notebooks for paper supply department only.

Or imagine if a successful IT company with huge profit margins will stop stocking-up coffee spots. Coffee will be free only for senior staff.

This is how low and ridiculous this step is in corporate perspective. Utter penny-pinching in the richest company on the market.

Last edited:
Imagine, you work for the biggest office appliance company in the world and they stop supplying their employees with free notebooks and pens. Free pens only for pen department and free notebooks for paper supply department only.

Or imagine if IT a successful IT company with huge profit margins will stop stocking-up coffee spots. Coffee will be free only for senior staff.

This is how low and ridiculous this step is in corporate perspective. Utter penny-pinching in the richest company on the market.

The executives still get to enjoy Sting concerts, though

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Or imagine if a successful IT company with huge profit margins will stop stocking-up coffee spots. Coffee will be free only for senior staff.

Holy shit, I can't even begin to tell you how bad these analogies are :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Not trolling, but honestly do we know if Sony employees get free PS+?
EDIT: And Nintendo employees getting free Nintendo Online?

No, they get employee discounts just like Microsoft's do.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Welcome to the real world. Maybe now the suits will hear some complaints internally if they plan to raise the prices so they can stop doing that.
I don’t get free stuff from my work place either. Well, yeah, I get coffee.

NonPhixion

So the MS employees that worked on products that generated the $100 billion that Xbox has spent these past 5 years. Those are the people that have to pay for game pass now?

That’s just being penny pinching and cheap especially for the money Microsoft has. Free Gamepass would be more incentive for employees to push the service imo. Maybe that $68 billion dollar acquisition is causing some changes as I expected.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Great strategy leaving your employees out of the loop of the nexus of your entire business purpose. They'll really be able to represent and advocate the brand this way.

Killjoy-NL

So they're potentially 238.000 subs closer to their 100M goal by 2027?

They really hit that ceiling, huh?

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Good. Let the software engineers making $300K+ pay for Gamepass so that cost doesn’t get paused to the gamers who don’t have cushy gigs with stock options at Microsoft.
I understand this view, but just find it funny that people who were getting a benefit are complaining about no longer receiving one. It’s like your neighbor being upset that after years, you no longer allow him on your wifi for free…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom