• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Rewards |OT| Get Game Pass for free

Topher

Gold Member
Anybody elses rewards being janky as fuck? Using Edge on the pc, do all the dailies, nothing updates / no green ticks to say I've completed.

Using the rewards app on the console, 50G for unlocking an achievement failing to register either.

Two days now. MS bollocks of 'clear your cache' yeah right - the usual turn it off and on again reply.

So yeah, anyone else having issues?

Yes, I got three achievements yesterday and not a single one of them registered on the app. Going to try again today.

On the website, I usually have to click the 10+ titles two or three times for them to register. The quizzes usually work fine.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
The 30/30 one on the website keeps saying 20/30 and finish the last choices, get the you’ve just earnt 30 points message but then it’s still stuck on 20/30 and wants me to complete the last choices again.

The random quiz about tennis will not progress.

Don’t know if we all get the same choices?

Topher

Gold Member
The 30/30 one on the website keeps saying 20/30 and finish the last choices, get the you’ve just earnt 30 points message but then it’s still stuck on 20/30 and wants me to complete the last choices again.

The random quiz about tennis will not progress.

Don’t know if we all get the same choices?

I'm not getting the same quize as you. I have the 50/50 today. What region are you in?

Kilau

Yes, I got three achievements yesterday and not a single one of them registered on the app. Going to try again today.

On the website, I usually have to click the 10+ titles two or three times for them to register. The quizzes usually work fine.
AMEM has been broken for me the last two days. Rewards Reddit saying the same, bummer.

Edit: lol, amen 🙏

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

Anybody elses rewards being janky as fuck? Using Edge on the pc, do all the dailies, nothing updates / no green ticks to say I've completed.

Using the rewards app on the console, 50G for unlocking an achievement failing to register either.

Two days now. MS bollocks of 'clear your cache' yeah right - the usual turn it off and on again reply.

So yeah, anyone else having issues?
yeah for two days i haven’t been able to claim to 50 points for getting an achievement either

Topher

Gold Member
Well it's totally dead now, hope they are fixing it.

Yeah, their shit is totally fucked right now.

KdoDMFC.png

Nitty_Grimes

Is anyone doing the 500 point bonus for getting an achievement in their top 10 anime games? If so, which one do you recommend?

Pantz

In the Xbox Rewards app you can complete the Anime Month offer and the Ultimate Game Sale offer at the same time for buying $40 worth of "Anime Games" on sale since they are part of both sales.

Sleepwalker

Been going at this for a week now, any recommendations for the searches? Also I'm doing 2 accounts, mine and my brothers. Gonna get the wife's on it as well.

reksveks

I search for something boring but I can just quickly bounce through.

'Newsround Cast' then click on one of the hosts.

UXAid59.jpg

Esmi9py.jpg

Easy way to just get those points.

Kilau

AMEM broken again for me. I know achievements broke in general the other day but now seems like its messing up rewards again.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Just read that they’ve enabled auto renew on 1 month game Pass which brings the price down to 10.5k.

Has anyone else started having issues with the quizzes on IOS? When I get on to the third and final question (choose the 5 right answers) it freezes without fail.

Topher

Gold Member
Just read that they’ve enabled auto renew on 1 month game Pass which brings the price down to 10.5k.

Has anyone else started having issues with the quizzes on IOS? When I get on to the third and final question (choose the 5 right answers) it freezes without fail.

That’s happened multiple times in both safari and edge for me. Annoying

Thebonehead

Banned
Can you still get the rewards app on PC?

I used to have it on mine, but rebuilt recently, and subsequently forgot where I managed to download it from last time

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I can't redeem my rewards this morning. I select to redeem and it just refreshes the page. Is this normal on the first of the month?

Topher

Gold Member
I can't redeem my rewards this morning. I select to redeem and it just refreshes the page. Is this normal on the first of the month?

Rewards pages can be buggy. Could be something cached wrong though. Try another browser. Otherwise just wait a bit or until tomorrow. Problems usually clear up

DR3AM

My friend can now points on the PC and/or the Xbox app. I don’t have that option. Is this something new?

Topher

Gold Member
My friend can now points on the PC and/or the Xbox app. I don’t have that option. Is this something new?

It isn't entirely the same. On the PC app, click on your profile in the top left and then click View Profile. There will be a tab for rewards:

UQPfpBh.png

But the Xbox app has a lot more including daily and weekly quests.

Kilau

The xbox mobile app rewards is new for me as of about 2 weeks ago. Something or the exact same thing has been available in the UK for awhile apparently.

DR3AM

It isn't entirely the same. On the PC app, click on your profile in the top left and then click View Profile. There will be a tab for rewards:

UQPfpBh.png

But the Xbox app has a lot more including daily and weekly quests.

Mine only has Achievements and About, no Rewards section.

Havoc2049

I got a friend who keeps getting MS gamepass on pc for 1€, how does that even work?
Ya, I mean if you have no sense of community/multiplayer and progression with a gamertag, you can keep changing your email address and gamertag each time you sign up.

Kilau

I tried the Black Desert thing to get the 250 points but even with as much as I love getting points, holy shit this game is awful. Couldn't do it, not a fan of this change to rewards.

is there any place to see a record of points earned and spent? I really feel like they took double the amount of points from me for the monthly auto redeem $10 thing. I had a ton of points. Like 30k. and after Jan 2 i only had like 12k left

Nitty_Grimes

is there any place to see a record of points earned and spent? I really feel like they took double the amount of points from me for the monthly auto redeem $10 thing. I had a ton of points. Like 30k. and after Jan 2 i only had like 12k left
I just use the dashboard on the website.

Nitty_Grimes

Damn. Don’t think I can get Amazon cards in the UK version as I would go for that with some of mine.

Top Bottom