• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft TGS 2010 Keynote

PSGames said:
First gameplay footage for Kinect Sports: Volleyball

2dugwb7.jpg

http://en.akihabaranews.com/61755/gaming/tgs-2010-kinect-sports-and-kinect-joy-ride-on-xbox360

Why hello thar.

onken

PSGames said:

Didn't really seem that way. I went yesterday and most of the decent stuff had 90-120 minute waits, Kinect lines were about 30 minutes. The demos were pretty poor, ESPECIALLY Sonic racing, the game kept stopping ("please enter the play area") and the reps had to go up to the camera and put their hand in front of it for a few seconds. The rafting game had the same problem (though not as bad) but the game just carried on in autopilot so was less intrusive at least. Both games had issues with misreading actions; leaning to steer seemed very hit and miss and jumps wouldn't always register.

Other stuff I saw was one kid playing a game where you tilt your arms to connect shelves and match colored cars to the right shelf. Lag was noticeable but not as bad I had initially thought, the game was pretty simple though so it wasn't a problem. After that the kid's dad played this clock game where you move your arms to match the indicated time, again simple stuff but seemed to work ok.

The floozies up on the podium were playing volleyball (ok) ice skating (garbage) and Dance Central (good).

I took a video but I can't really be bothered to upload it, I have to say I was pretty unimpressed overall with it. Having said that I think it does enough to please the target audience (evidently not 20-something males), though price is still a major hurdle.

Top Bottom