• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft TGS 2010 Keynote

Mrbob

Father_Brain said:
Motion-controlled core games that aren't all on rails? Also, The Last Guardian.

Hahaha definitely. Like having games being completely stripped in terms of functionality is supposed to be a bonus.

Hunahan

Banned
That conference felt like it was a competition to see who could announce the most niche game possible.

Seriously bizarre stuff.

Kafel

Banned
Five new exclusive Kinect games coming from legendary Japanese creators

Earlier today at the open of the Tokyo Game Show in Japan we announced Five Exclusive Titles for Kinect for Xbox 360 coming in 2011. From the press release:

codename D (Grasshopper Manufacture, Microsoft Game Studios). From the famed markers of “killer7” and the “NO MORE HEROES” series comes “codename D” from SUDA 51 for Microsoft Game Studios. You must fight for your life to survive an evil amusement park filled with twisted and eerie creatures. With “codename D” for Kinect for Xbox 360, you are the controller as you unleash devastating effects to destroy enemies and objects.

Project Draco (Grounding, Microsoft Game Studios). The director of the cult hits “Phantom Dust” and “Panzer Dragoon,” game director Yukio Futatsugi, brings you an epic 3-D flying shooter. With the magic of Kinect for Xbox 360, you will be able to nurture and learn to communicate with your dragon as you develop its skills and train it as a partner in combat. Then join friends on Xbox LIVE to feel the rush of flight as you take to the skies together and experience breathtaking vistas and engage in thrilling battles.

Haunt (NanaOn-Sha, Microsoft Game Studios). Gather friends and family to delve deep into a haunted house dripping with mystery — you’ll need every ounce of your wit and cunning if you hope to unravel the veil of rumors that hide its darkest secret. Dodge traps and outwit ghosts, ghouls and frights that lurk with glee around each and every corner. Take a deep breath and immerse yourself in “Haunt,” spooky fun for Kinect for Xbox 360.

Steel Battalion Heavy Armor (Capcom, From Software). This all-new game revives the fan-favorite “Steel Battalion” series. With the support of Microsoft, Capcom and From Software join forces to bring this groundbreaking collaborative project to Xbox 360. Manhattan, 2082: In a world where computers and almost all modern technology have been lost, the greatest nations of the world continue to battle for supremacy. The American army lands in New York to begin its first big offensive of a long ground war. Soldiers fire from the trenches as scorched bunkers belch black smoke. As comrades continually fall to the unrelenting crossfire of bullets, the Vertical Tanks make their relentless advance. Experience the battlefield as never before with Kinect for Xbox 360.

Rise of Nightmares (SEGA). “Rise of Nightmares” offers a spine-tingling horror experience that uses the innovative new controls of Kinect for Xbox 360 to give players the ultimate fright. Using their whole body, players will experience fear and tension as never before in this exclusive Kinect horror adventure.

mn

bloke

Tekki Kinect was definately surprise, don't think anyone see it coming. And Sensui promised more "Kinect blockbusters" from japanese developers, guess MS moneyhats will keep coming for some time then...

Lack of EDF announcement was worrying though, either game is multi or D3 really gave it to western developers. :lol

LOZLINK said:
That was pretty terrible if you don't give a flying fuck about kinect
Well apparently GAF does...

Either that or I missed the announcement of Mass Effect 3 exclusive to 360 with full body Kinect support.

All I heard was a bunch of crappy sounding Japanophile games featuring pointing at the screen kinection.

ultim8p00

Banned
KAL2006 said:
:lol

I can't wait for all these people who are optimistic for Kinect after this conference find out that all these exclusive Kinect games are shitty simplistic on rail games. There is a reason they haven't showed how these games play. The only decent game is Steel Battalion (and that has optional Kinect controls)

And how do you know these games are shit? Child of Eden and the Suda 51 game are bound to not be shit, guaranteed.

BumRush

StuBurns said:
Sony announced the best game ever being ported to PS3 yesterday... No

I'm as excited about SOTC/ICO HD as the next guy, but new announcements beat ports any day...I'm SURE Sony will show off some amazing stuff but let's give MS their due...

ultim8p00 said:
And how do you know these games are shit? Child of Eden and the Suda 51 game are bound to not be shit, guaranteed.
Yea I'm sure Child of Eden will be great. But that's not because of Kinect... all you are doing is moving a cursor around with your hand - and doing that is not that fun or accurate (at the moment).

Keikoku

Banned
BumRush said:
I'm as excited about SOTC/ICO HD as the next guy, but new announcements beat ports any day...I'm SURE Sony will show off some amazing stuff but let's give MS their due...

This.

mittelos

Still not convinced I'd give two pots to piss in for Kinect or Move, but these announcements at least raised my eyebrow.

wizword

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
+ steel battalion = will have kinect.
steel battalion could be utter shit on kinect. I kind of want but don't know. More surprised by the announcement and whether it will be awesome or not

KingDizzi

Banned
Razor210 said:
Impressive from MS.

...Sony have anything to counter?

For Gaf? Ueda even showing 2 minute of TLG gameplay will probably form a 700+ post thread, people here love them some Team ICO. Will never understand why, while Ico was great the second game from Team ICO was to say the least nothing special. There are so many games I can think of which would make Gaf go bat shit, Demon Souls 2 is another realistic one.

Gaf is Gaf though, we already have many pre-ordering Kinect right now for games announced for next year and others contemplating whether to cancel their move pre-order. It's why I love this forum. :D

FrankT

I suppose this was Capcom's one other announcement, which kind of sucks as I was really hoping for some more RE. Next year I guess then.

careksims said:
Very much so. Not getting it for a long time or if ever. So meh to the stuff shown. There was nothing for me.

same here. a few of them had me interested conceptually, but then i realized i still had to use my body as the controller.... or not.... or who knows. the horror game oddly enough made me really want a Nightmare Creatures revival. dunno why.

i was hoping for some stuff to get me to spring for a 360 slim next year but until i know how much of it is kinect-only, and how much of it won't get some slightly-altered PS3 port that doesn't breech the exclusivity technicalities then i need to hold onto these dollars for guitar equipment.

steel_battalion_screenshot_3.jpg

Noshino

KingDizzi said:
For Gaf? Ueda even showing 2 minute of TLG gameplay will probably form a 700+ post thread, people here love them some Team ICO. Will never understand why, while Ico was great the second game from Team ICO was to say the least nothing special. There are so many games I can think of which would make Gaf go bat shit, Demon Souls 2 is another realistic one.

Gaf is Gaf though, we already have many pre-ordering Kinect right now for games announced for next year and others contemplating whether to cancel their move pre-order. It's why I love this forum. :D

Actually, isn't there supposed to be a new build of Sorcery, there was a lot of people interested on it when it was first revealed

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Didn't care about any of the Kinect games, and that includes the likely, heavily simplified version of Steel Battalion except for the Suda title... and even that... just barely.

The XBLA games look fun though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I hope EDF gets shown later on in the week since it wasn't shown in the conference...

KAL2006 said:
:lol

I can't wait for all these people who are optimistic for Kinect after this conference find out that all these exclusive Kinect games are shitty simplistic on rail games. There is a reason they haven't showed how these games play. The only decent game is Steel Battalion (and that has optional Kinect controls)

There aren't many things that are worse than a know-it-all that knows nothing more than anyone else around.

My goodness.

robor

Galvanise_ said:
I'm speechless. That doesn't happen often.

He's not the only one.

Anyways, Microsoft just blew my face off with these announcements. I'm seriously shocked, still finding it hard to grasp. At TGS of all places.

robor said:
He's not the only one.

Anyways, Microsoft just blew my face off with these announcements. I'm seriously shocked, still finding it hard to grasp. At TGS of all places.
they came with the thunder. GAF is speechless, hence the relatively low number of posts. :lol

Owzers

Spirit of Jazz said:
How do you manage to fuck up Fire-Pro?

The only thing we know about the game is that it will have avatars, right? That's an incredibly fantastic move to expand the game to a broader audience in the west at the very least.

Mrbob said:
Hahaha definitely. Like having games being completely stripped in terms of functionality is supposed to be a bonus.

I like plenty of on-rails games, but seriously - is Kinect really a net benefit to developers' creativity if it's all but impossible to design games that allow you any kind of direct, free-roaming control of a character?

sillymonkey321 said:
The only thing we know about the game is that it will have avatars, right? That's an incredibly fantastic move to expand the game to a broader audience in the west at the very least.
at least microsoft is making it happen unlike Phil Harrison talking about Home Avatar could be in game. look at that shit now :lol

StuBurns

Banned
BumRush said:
I've given them their 'due', I said they did a great job, but personally, I don't care about any of the new titles, and there is certainly nothing I think compares to Ico HD or PSO2 which was also just announced.

And I'm sure Sony won't have anything to announce that compares to either of those as well.

BumRush

StuBurns said:
I've given them their 'due', I said they did a great job, but personally, I don't care about any of the new titles, and there is certainly nothing I think compares to Ico HD or PSO2 which was also just announced.

And I'm sure Sony won't have anything to announce that compares to either of those as well.

Fair enough...I'm just impressed they are still pushing in Japan. Kinect may end up bigger than I thought...

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I was going to get Kinect for CoE anyway, but now I feel much more confident about the purchase.

BTW, interesting how Kagari gets a few Microsoft jabs in while the conference is starting, then completely disappears once the awesome kicks in :lol

Top Bottom