• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's first party line up for the next couple of years is looking mighty fucking impressive on every level

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Can you show the release schedule of actual games for the first 6 months of the new Xbox? Or are you all going to wait for all your dreams to come true again "in the coming years".
Wow. You sound salted. Is your first name Pretzel?

Funny how no one knows what an acquisition like this means and have no idea of the games. I feel like this denial stage is going to last longer than anticipated. Buckle up!

Microsoft made some great move for list wars, but they still HAVE TO DELIVER

And their track record isn't very good on that front.

Hell, their most SOLID purchase so far in Bethesda is pretty shaky....Fallout 76 was an absolute disaster. Their engine looks like something two generations old...they take FOREVER to make games. And it's still going to be a few more years before they drop Starfield, a completely unproven new IP.

So...yeah, great for the list wars....but will they execute? Big, big uncertainty. I know the next God of War will be fire...and that releases next year.

TheMan

Glad to see them back in fighting form. Last gen was kind of weak overall a few highlights notwithstanding. They bout to bring the fucking heat

Apocryphon

Arkane and id are big hitters... the rest need to pull up their socks this gen. Hopefully MS don't go all dictatory with the new studio's like they did with Rare...

Brofist

Microsoft made some great move for list wars, but they still HAVE TO DELIVER

And their track record isn't very good on that front.

Hell, their most SOLID purchase so far in Bethesda is pretty shaky....Fallout 76 was an absolute disaster. Their engine looks like something two generations old...they take FOREVER to make games. And it's still going to be a few more years before they drop Starfield, a completely unproven new IP.

So...yeah, great for the list wars....but will they execute? Big, big uncertainty. I know the next God of War will be fire...and that releases next year.

Well damn since you put it that way I'm gonna just sell the farm and buy a PS5 DE, didn't need any of that future unproven ES or Doom shit anyway.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
As far as I know Microsoft published pretty much all their games on PC right?

I hope you understand that there are a lot of people without a gaming pc? Not everyone has a pc or xbox, the same question you can ask for PlayStation. So it isn’t particularly more “PRO CONSUMER” for XBOX/PC.

You still exclude 2 huge groups of gamers.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
If they add Sega they will be back at OG Xbox and 360 era greatness, possibly even beyond that. Doom, Fallout, next Skyrim, Persona 6 exclusive to Game Pass anyone? Wow

Hestar69

If the games turn out great or even good,they're gonna kill it next gen. Is it enough to beat sony? who knows,but game pass just keeps getting better and better.

Armorian

Banned
So why exactly people are losing their shit over Bethesda?

Last two Fallout games were bad (F4) and shit (F76)
Wolfenstein 2 is nothing special and YB is much worse
ES games were always dogshit - to me of course
D2 was "7/10" game, worse than original
Prey was good but I don't expect any sequel
Doom is ok, but I'm still fucking salty that my save is gone.

I think I like TEW the most out of all their ips but it's not exactly system seller. Plus I doubt MS will cancel PS5 versions of their highest selling franchises like ES, too much money on the table if PS5 sells well (and it will).

Plus... are any games in the making right now that are even coming in 2021? Everything major is few years from now...

Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned
So why exactly people are losing their shit over Bethesda?

Last two Fallout games were bad (F4) and shit (F76)
Wolfenstein 2 is nothing special and YB is much worse
ES games were always dogshit - to me of course
D2 was "7/10" game, worse than original
Prey was good but I don't expect any sequel
Doom is ok, but I'm still fucking salty that my save is gone.

I think I like TEW the most out of all their ips but it's not exactly system seller. Plus I doubt MS will cancel PS5 versions of their highest selling franchises like ES, too much money on the table if PS5 sells well (and it will).

Plus... are any games in the making right now that are even coming in 2021? Everything major is few years from now...
Stop with all that salt, or your heart will fail from all that sodium.

Armorian

Banned
Stop with all that salt, or your heart will fail from all that sodium.

I won't even buy PS5 in first years, this is just my opinion on importance of BS studios and their ips.

People act like it's some revolution for MS poor situation in terms of exclusives when in reality it changes fucking nothing for X Series, at least for its first year on the market. Games took years to make.

cormack12

Gold Member
This might be a gen played in 2 halves.

Sony out to a flyer and MS slowly reel them in.

Yeah I can see this being the reverse of PS3/Xbox 360 myself. I think it's going to depend on what the likely new IPs/sequels are going to be from Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog and when they are announced.

Smoke6

Hellblade 2
Avowed
Fable
Everwild
Halo
State of decay 3
Next Coliation game
Initiative game
And Ladies gentlemen Entire Bethesda IPs.

RIP to Xbox has no games meme forever
They still don’t!

As mentioned before the games that were announced multiplat or exclusive will remain and anything after that is more than likely MS! The funny thing about your posts and the countless others are that y’all forget you Kay not even see another game from them studios until the end of this upcoming gen or the next one and I’m sure by that time all kinds of weird shit can happen!

The studios acquired almsot all y’all played their games already, so why would I sub to GP to play those again until their new entries come?

Over 8billion dollars have been spent trying to make GP a success and only 15mil subscribers in which most of them are not full paying at all!

You’ll need way more than that to make game pass be profitable band sustainable the way they’d like and y’all are way off and this acquisition won’t mean shit as you’re still not purchasing the games at all!

Y’all chill out it’s cool to be excited but have a valid reason besides “game pass baby” he’ll most them devs may end up leaving and starting their own studios again and be right back on playstation and we’ll have another Craig moment

DJT123

They have so many ways of generating cash from gaming now, on the long road to getting back to break-even. Xbox console retail space, MS online retail space, Steam PC retail space, 3rd party retail space at their discretion, AND Gamepass. Insane.

Last edited:

Hunnybun

They'll go from basically having no games for the first couple of years to about 6 big exclusives a year after that.

Talk about extremes!

I'm definitely considering getting a Series X at some point especially if game pass stays as cheap as it is.

The good thing is it's not an issue for a couple of years, so I can see whether Sony starts bringing games to PC in a timely fashion. If they do then that solves the dilemma.

Hunnybun

The last week with the PS4 cross gen reveal and now this has just been absolutely glorious to watch.

Sony’s been buying timed exclusivity on some cows, so Microsoft just bought the whole damn farm. The full effects of this purchase won’t be known for ~12-18 months, so a lot of diehards are gonna be on edge for a while.

Anyone who glories in one console or the other is fucking pathetic. And that includes you.

Christ this forum is an absolute cesspit of fanboy virgins. I can barely open a thread on here without some dickhead complaining about SonyGAF or what a tosser Phil Spencer is or whatever.

It's embarrassing.

Spaceman292

Banned
Team XBOX has made a strong move in helping to bring back (future) reasons for console gamers who weren't going to buy an XBOX Series S or X to consider buying one. It's a great stride in helping the brand, how it is perceived, and providing needed exclusives to it. When and if the games coming down the pipe for the system are good, I'll happily buy an XSX at that time.

Anyone that can afford it, and only has brand loyalty/fanboyism as a reason to not buy an XBOX, is just depriving themselves. Good for MS on doing things that are sorely needed for their gaming brand!
Anyone who uses the word 'brand' this much can't be trusted.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
It’s funny they are selling a bunch of logos hahah where are the games? Skyrim re re release? Halo in a year? So funny people are excited for logos with no announced games. Console warriors are desperate.

Last edited:

LucidFlux

EidE1n5XkAUoXKU

and that's not even the best part tho

get this

every title from those studios is gonna be day one on gamepass...

tenor.gif

Hopefully Halo comes next year but do we have any definitive dates or even ball parks for these other IPs or studios rather? You mentioned line up but then listed studios so maybe you just forgot to list the games.

The next few years will be interesting for us players... these studios can really release a massive number of games and I hope for a very high quality.

I still wouldnt replace one single Sony 1st party devs ND, SP, RaD for every developer on Xbox side.

Theres some nice devs workign with Xbox, yet, it still seems impossible to produce a decent new franchise.

Besides, those are dev teams, not games lol

What is extraordinary there? Halo ? Hasnt been good since the trilogy ended...Gears? Same thing, a shadow of what it once was. Fallout? Hahahaha

Last edited:
Tbh, the only Xbox exclusive games has that I care about are Hellblade 2 , Fallout 5 (Assuming it's really an exclusive / not a dated shoddily made piece of crap game like fallout 76 filled with paid mods and microtransactions), Elder Scrolls 6 (Assuming it's really an exclusive / not a dated shoddily made piece of crap filled with paid mods and microtransactions), maybe Starfield if it's any good... And it's pretty much a given all of these will be on PC anyway, so yeah ,doesn't exactly pushes me to buy an Xbox Console... KInda funny that these are all games that were basically forced into annoying exclusivity deals and not native to the Xbox ecosystem at all...

Last edited:
More powerful console. Large first party. Better backwards compatibility. Better looking third party games. Cheaper entry point if you want the Series S instead.

More powerful console held back by the XsS model, essentially becoming the weakest console this generation, and clearly limiting the potential on XsX. Large 1st party?! What?!When!?Where?!Better looking 3rd party?! Whaaat?!

You seem to have fallen asleep in 2006 and woke up now...these arent the 360 days no mo'.

Is it possible to express interest in the Xbox brand and upcoming Xbox games without also gushing about Game Pass? Seriously wondering at this point...

Why not tho? For me it's the most exciting thing about Xbox. No way anyone would buy even half these titles. That's just a bunch of money to drop on titles with them costing 70 now. Game pass just makes u able to get hyped about them all and without having to decide.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
These kinds of threads are ridiculous.

Yes, it’s a great move for Microsoft to buy Bethesda, but to start a thread about how great XBox’s games line up is when ZERO games have been announced is fucking idiotic.

These kinds of threads are ridiculous.

Yes, it’s a great move for Microsoft to buy Bethesda, but to start a thread about how great XBox’s games line up is when ZERO games have been announced is fucking idiotic.
Only takes a portion of the brain to see what the studios have made in the past and now with basically unlimited funds it makes it likely we will get more of the same but polished and maybe a new game engine for fallout finally

Top Bottom