• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midori Leaker: Nintendo Direct this month will be peak

cireza

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes HD or go home.
Precisely this. The same effort as for the first Prime. Then do Prime 3.

And certainly not just a "HD" version of the originals. I want awesome visuals and textures. Do it Retro Studios.

tommib

Gold Member
Precisely this. The same effort as for the first Prime. Then do Prime 3.

And certainly not just a "HD" version of the originals. I want awesome visuals and textures. Do it Retro Studios.
I miss Echoes so much that I’ll be even ok with an HD up-res.

Give In Big Brother GIF by Big Brother Australia

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
They can't give us Galaxy 2 because Yoshi demands a Wiimote for the mechanic to work at an acceptable level for a Nintendo game and not like some janky emulator shit, especially because you need to chain grabs with his tongue to cross gaps. Meanwhile, 3D Land was designed around the 3D feature in terms of camera angles and level design (they had jumps they expected you to have 3D depth perception) which is completely missing.

These issues are probably why they haven't already ported these games. If they can ever sort these issues with future hardware equipped with 3D or Wii-pointer-like precision, they'll show up in like a second.
I’ve been saying this for years, and I also think this is why we won’t get Prime 3 on Switch (unless the game itself gets a significant rework).

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’m not a greedy man. I just want an update on Metroid Prime 4.

Please Reggie.

Astral Dog

Honestly i don't expect much,but there should be nice announcements, i hope to see Metroid Prime 2 HD and Prime 4 but regardless the big event will be later this year

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
The long rumored Twilight Princess and Wind Waker Switch ports would be nice, along with Metroid Prime Echos on Switch.

I'm not expecting any major 1st party reveals. No doubt Prime 4 and the next 3d Mario title will be Switch 2 games.

Sojiro

I frankly thought that bang was TOTK, but it's taken longer than expected. Still, aside from remakes, I kinda doubt we get a new game beyond Mario Wonder level. Good, but nothing that can steal any real mojo away from a new console (unless it's cross gen)
Yeah I feel like TotK will be their last swan song with the switch and we will just see smaller scale projects for the rest of this year for the switch. Personally I am ok with that, save all the big new stuff for the next device.

Top Bottom