• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midway website updated (but we're going to talk about Shadow Hearts 3)

Maybe Shadow Hearts 3 will come to the USA and Europe...

shadow_hearts3.jpg

Time to start a thread on their forum. hehehe :)

SH Covenant was very good... and PS2 could use another quality RPG as the new Final Fantasy keep drifting farther away.

From the New World is set for a Japanese release in September of this year, though as of now, nobody has made any announcements on a US release. Hopefully Midway, who’s done a fine job of translating the first two games, will hop on the bandwagon one more time for this hot-looking sequel.

3819520050325_124348_9_big.jpg

Shadow Hearts 3 takes place in 1929, and for the first time, the series heads west for America. Also for the first time, it seems a Shadow Hearts game will not star Yuri Hyuga as the main character (for obvious reasons regardless of which ending you got in Covenant, when you think about it). Instead, you play as Johnny Garland, a 16 year old kid who doubles as a detective. Johnny isn’t your normal detective though, as due to the death of his parents in some accident, his memory is completely blank. He’s sent on a case to arrest a suspect, only for him to see this particular suspect is a strange monster who summons an entity known as The Window, which brings similar monsters into the world. In RPG tradition, Johnny isn’t alone, with a female counterpart; this time a 21 year old Native American known as Shania, who’s a huntress, looking for these same creatures that Johnny experienced. There’s not a whole lot to the story so far, though Nautilus and Aruze claim there will be plenty more characters and some appearances from past SH personalities. And of course, there’s the possibility of some kind of Yuri factor, since Shadow Hearts is his story. For certain though, the equal amount of drama and trademark quirky humor will return. Regardless, Shadow Hearts: FtNW will take you across America, from Brooklyn to Chicago (where the game starts).

As this ships in Japan this September... prolly not coming to USA this fall.

duckroll

UK_Resistance said:
As this ships in Japan this September... prolly not coming to USA this fall.

I guess you missed the memo that we're all already playing the Japanese version. :lol

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
damn it, why can't they just release part 3 here?!? I know the damn thing didn't sell very well, but it was at least reviewed well and it has a pretty good fanbase here. C'mon! this is the kind of game that the Mortal Kombat titles subsidize!!!

When I think of all the generic pos rpgs that make their way over here every year, and the millions that square makes on their pretty boredom it drives me nuts!

Top Bottom