• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minna Daisuki Katamari Damacy boxart

Jonnyram

Not as good as the original but still pretty out there.
Who would have thought of putting your company HQ on the sleeve of a game....

img10071435552.jpeg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
interesting, i guess. it'd probably take me a while to figure out it's a katamari game though if you hadn't told me it was for the game

btw, it looks like MSRP is gonna be $29.99 in the states

n3ss

aka acr0nym
To import or not import is the question I've been asking myself(yes I know its coming here..but) 0_o

tetsuoxb

That box owns all over the place. Reading all the little signs is awesome.

Maybe Capcom should change the killer 7 box art to Kaede Smith bleeding on the building.

tetsuoxb

The more I look at it, the more I smile.

Really, I have not ever seen a box art capture the spirit of a game so perfectly.

Jesus whoever thought of that is a giant among men.

Meier

Kobun Heat said:
Only problem is, now they're basically FORCED to change the art for the US. They can't use this.

Hmmm.

Not really. The first one was Japanese through-and-through and it didnt stop it from being successful in the US. I think they could leave this as is and just change the logo to be in English (but even leave the signs) and it be completely fine. It still has the Prince on it and the cow.. the identifying marks are pretty clear.

By the way, the cover fucking ruuuuules. Probably my favorite in years, maybe ever.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
What on earth is the guy right above the cow flashing?? :lol

My wife is going to love this...Again.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
No Greg or Austin = No sale

PS if I missed them then I will so buy this

PPS even if they didn't make the box I am so buying this

Blackace

olubode said:

My wife is going to love this...Again.

that looks like someone....

my guess is maybe he was throwing up a middle finger or the west side...

mosaic

go eat paint
olubode said:
The person in the black shirt? Looks like s/he's doing the "#1" or the Chang Sing salute from Big Trouble In Little China...

el jacko

Hmm. I can't say it beats out the simplicity of the original cover, but it still is awesome. Very, very awesome.

After seeing this, I really want to see what the OST's cover design is. If it's anything near as good as Katamari Fortissimo Damashii's cover, I'll be in heaven.

Blackace

Wario64 said:
haha, i just noticed the king's reflection on the windows

I thought you meant King... from Tekken... Not the God

Ozchin

Blackace said:
No Greg or Austin = No sale

PS if I missed them then I will so buy this

He's such a star, I can't believe you missed him! BUY IT!!! You won't be disappointed. There are a lot of Japanese voice talent that will most likely appear in the Japanese version only... some you may know, some you may not.

nb: Mr.Namco is right next to Ouji, right above the CERO sticker.

Ironclad

Now that's a great cover. Especially the king on the windows, and the giraffe on the roof. Ha, so random, it's marvelous.

Flynn

Just watched the trailer.

I love Dokaka's all-vocal cover of the Katamari Damacy theme song.

Any Japanese readers glean anything interesting from the video?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
anybody have link to the art of prince rolling the earth with all the people holding hands on it?

and how bout a nice resolution pic of the katamari, cow and rainbow wallpaper (all I could find was 600x800 *sad*)

Blackace

Ozchin said:
He's such a star, I can't believe you missed him! BUY IT!!! You won't be disappointed. There are a lot of Japanese voice talent that will most likely appear in the Japanese version only... some you may know, some you may not.

nb: Mr.Namco is right next to Ouji, right above the CERO sticker.

I didn't miss him if you saw what I said about that silly looking guy with the star!! hahah

xsarien

daedsiluap
Kobun Heat said:
Only problem is, now they're basically FORCED to change the art for the US. They can't use this.

Why not?

Sho Nuff said:
BEST MOTHERFUCKING BOX ART EVER.

If Namco Hometek so much as touches this boxart (outside of maybe asking an intern to photoshop the game's name onto the signs, or replacing the Japanese lettering with English), I'm going to.....be very, very mad. The photo-for-cover is BRILLIANT.

Blackace

xsarien said:
Why not?

If Namco Hometek so much as touches this boxart (outside of maybe asking an intern to photoshop the game's name onto the signs), I'm going to.....be very, very mad.

be prepared to be mad...

Dreamfixx

I don't know shit about shit
Wow. It's a picture of people standing outside the Namco office building, holding up signs. That's a terrible boxart. They weren't even trying. Looks like it payed off, though. Everybody seems to think it's "quirky" and "original". Awful cover.

Top Bottom