• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Chamber

love on your sleeve
White said a host city for the Brazilian version of "TUF" has yet to be determined but will, of course, air in Brazil. However, White said the international editions of the show will also likely air in the U.S.

"What we're talking about is the other ones that air in other countries, we're trying to figure out how we can air them on FUEL TV," White said. "We'll probably air them on FUEL TV.

"If you're a UFC fan, you want FUEL TV. FUEL TV is going to be loaded with all kinds of incredible UFC programming, including live fights and live fights from other countries."
:/

Fuel TV is going to be the bane of our existence in 2012.

Boogie

I was just reading Bloody Elbow and someone in the comments said they fired Mike Fagan, and removed some "Faganate posts"

Anyone know what went down?

About damn time. Fagan was all asshole all the time, and it got old a looong time ago.

lol @ Meathead in that picture, he doesn't look like a guy that is going to knock out the other guy

And big lol @ that quote about Diaz's BJJ.........whoever that is seems to forget about Penn's BJJ credentials

Boogie said:
I was just reading Bloody Elbow and someone in the comments said they fired Mike Fagan, and removed some "Faganate posts"

Anyone know what went down?

About damn time. Fagan was all asshole all the time, and it got old a looong time ago.

Please let this be true. That guy is the biggest idiot in the world. My lord.

Oliveira temporarily dropping to 145. I'm surprised he's lost his last 3 in a row. He just comes across as better than that in my mind.

yacobod

Banned
Nick Diaz said:
"I’ve sparred with him before, and he’s fought the best there is, so he would know,” Diaz said. “This is not a fight for me, it’s more of a sporting competition this time,” he said. “I hope nobody’s too disappointed if it doesn’t go the same way it always does."

Nick going into the fight with a GSP mentality, hmmmmmmmm.

Norml

Chamber said:
Baby Jay by wrestlefuck.

It's going to be glorious.
He will have to try because I don't see him standing with Diaz and winning.If he attempts to wrestle though,I think will just gas faster,especially in clinch.

yacobod

Banned
i'm picking diaz to win for the simple fact i want to see him face gsp for the strap. i'm not sure how they would sell penn/gsp 3? vengeance on grease gate?

Norml

CaptYamato said:
Diaz hasn't improved his wrestling since the last time he was in the bigs.

I'm sure he has especially considering he was to fight GSP.

One thing for sure is Diaz is bigger and has better cardio than before,and those are big factors for wrestling ,IMO. I don't think Penn has the gas to be messing around with wrestling unless Diaz gets really rocked.

tass0

Banned
yacobod said:
We can laugh together when kongo beats overeem in his rebound match after he gets kod by lesnar.

I can totally see this hapenneing.

Well, except the Lesnar KO'ing 'Reem part.

ShaneB

Maklershed said:
You mean the fact that literally none of us seem to have it?

Nice to be in Canada and just have everything sorted out to Sportsnet.

Never thought I'd be cheering for BJ Penn, but this weekend I hope he smashes Diaz.

yacobod

Banned
CaptYamato said:
Jon Fitch/BJ 2 winner gets GSP.

typical. gsp fans don't want any part of diaz, so they want easier matchups for their boy toy against guys he's already thoroughly decisioned in an athletic competition.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Dana continues to shy away from questions about BJ getting another shot at GSP. I think if when he wins, the next title shot will go to Ellenberger assuming he beats Diego.

yacobod

Banned
Chamber said:
Dana continues to shy away from questions about BJ getting another shot at GSP. I think if when he wins, the next title shot will go to Ellenberger assuming he beats Diego.

deep down you know uncle dana wants nick to win because he can sell the shit out of that fight in the event that gsp decisions carlos conduit in a sparring session between camp mates. 1 million buys guaranteed.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Definitely fair to say Dana is rooting for Diaz tomorrow night. Honestly, BJ beating Nick and Diego beating Jake puts the WW division in bad shape and those aren't exactly unlikely scenarios. At that point, you're left with Fitch getting smashed by Georges again.

op_ivy said:
is someone working on a thread?
I'll put one up I guess.

Chamber said:
Definitely fair to say Dana is rooting for Diaz tomorrow night. Honestly, BJ beating Nick and Diego beating Jake puts the WW division in bad shape and those aren't exactly unlikely scenarios. At that point, you're left with Fitch getting smashed by Georges again.

I'll put one up I guess.
Chamber I have an idea for the thread.

http://mmaweekly.com/ufc-looks-to-land-in-hawaii-in-2012

UFC President Dana White on Thursday confirmed that the promotion is in talks to take a show to Hawaii in 2012.

“Next year. We’re looking at next year,” White responded when asked about the UFC in Hawaii.

The UFC’s schedule hasn’t been set for next year yet, but Hawaii has always appeared on the radar for the organization once the state commission there instituted a set of rules similar to those held in other areas of the United States.

Now with those rules and sanctioning in place, the UFC has an open door to land in Hawaii.

As far as where the event could take place, that’s still under discussion, but Hawaii is known for having many arenas that are outdoors and White says the company could be ready to embrace that type of show.

“It’s probably going to be outside,” White stated.

Fucking finally. Sounds like it'll be at Aloha Stadium. Can't think of anywhere else outdoors that it'll fit.

yacobod

Banned
Chamber said:
Yeah, I know the crowd sucked for UFC 90 but I think we've been punished enough.

as fate had it, i was in arizona for a wedding so i was not in attendance, but i heard the boo-birds were out in full force, not that i can blame them. i don't think the card was all that great, and the cote/silva fight turned out to be a debacle.

i think it's time to return tho, and 2 strikeforce cards don't count.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
yacobod said:
as fate had it, i was in arizona for a wedding so i was not in attendance, but i heard the boo-birds were out in full force, not that i can blame them. i don't think the card was all that great, and the cote/silva fight turned out to be a debacle.

i think it's time to return tho, and 2 strikeforce cards don't count.
Between Silva/Cote and Gray Maynard being Gray Maynard, I'm not sure what kind of reaction you would expect. The boos would have been heard regardless of where they were.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Chamber said:
Between Silva/Cote and Gray Maynard being Gray Maynard, I'm not sure what kind of reaction you would expect. The boos would have been heard regardless of where they were.

That wasn't until later in the night. The crowd was booing EVERYTHING from the very start.

yacobod

Banned
Brian Fellows said:
That wasn't until later in the night. The crowd was booing EVERYTHING from the very start.

either way, chicagoland mma-fans have suffered enough. i had to sit threw the dreadful meisha tate/marloes connen fight live for christ sakes. throw us a bone already.

Chamber said:
Poorly. Even a lot of fighters have the same meathead attitude.

Not gonna happen.

They know if someone is gay or not. It's like any other sport where everyone keeps the secret. Some make a thread about this.

yacobod

Banned
Plywood said:
Not sure how that would jive with the UFC's brojock pro-merica crowd.

you can say that about any pro sport though, i don't think that attitude is exclusive to the mma or ufc. i doubt a gay guy coming out in a pro football or hockey locker room going over too well either.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
yacobod said:
you can say that about any pro sport though, i don't think that attitude is exclusive to the mma or ufc. i doubt a gay guy coming out in a pro football or hockey locker room going over too well either.
I completely agree.

Heel

FRIDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Wreck MMA: Unfinished Business

Main card starts at 4:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM ET, free on TheScore.com

SATURDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

UFC 137: Penn vs. Diaz - OFFICIAL THREAD

Early prelims start at 2:50 PM PT / 5:50 PM ET, free on Facebook.com
Late prelims start at 5:00 PM PT / 8:00 PM ET on Spike TV
Main card starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET on pay-per-view

Bellator 56

Prelims start at 4:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM ET, free on Spike.com
Main card starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET on MTV2, HD on Epix (Note: Replay at 8:00 PM PT / 11:00 PM ET.)

OTHER NOTABLE FIGHTS

Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Rafal Dabrowski (Friday, Strefa Walk: Emelianenko vs. Dabrowski)
Jussier da Silva vs. Michael William Costa (Saturday, Shooto Brazil 26)
Jadamba Narantungalag vs. Adrian Pang (Sunday, Legend Fighting Championship 6)
Minowaman vs. Young Woo Yu (Sunday, Gladiator 25)

Chillin @ the arena:

EeBgRl.jpg

Top Bottom