• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare III Campaign is 3-4 hours long

Draugoth

Gold Member
call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-a-1024x576.jpg

By comparison, according to the website HowLongToBeat, which collates how long it took members of their community to complete games, the campaign in last year’s Modern Warfare 2 took around eight hours to beat.

While some older Call of Duty campaigns clock in at around the 6- to 7-hour mark, Modern Warfare 3’s campaign seems to be one of the shorter campaigns for a mainline COD.

The single-player campaign for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 can be finished in 3 to 4 hours, according to players who’ve been playing the game in early access.

The campaign was released on Thursday for players who’d pre-ordered the digital edition of the game, giving them access to the single-player portion a week ahead of the full release.

But now, following that release, players have reported that the campaign is clocking in at around 3 to 4 hours in length.

Prominent Call of Duty streamer Marley13 played through the campaign in almost exactly four hours.

splattered

Ehh I'm honestly not worried about it, I more play for the multiplayer anyway. and yes, I'm totally fine with older remade maps at launch. That being said, this should have been DLC for MW2 as originally planned, maybe price a bit lower? It still would have sold just as well and people wouldn't be complaining as much. Also to be fair, none of this was Microsoft's decision so will be interesting to see how they handle the backlash moving forward.

Valt7786

Just more proof towards the "Originally a DLC" claim.
Just fucking ditch Sledgehammer from the dev cycle too, they're easily the worst of the 3 just have them make maps or something, they've proven they can't handle making a fully fledged title time and time again.

splattered

What I really wanna see is how they handle the NEXT entry of COD since it will be more under Microsoft management by the time it releases. I'm expecting them to fully support this title as-is to keep people happy but hopefully they pour more resources into making the next COD as big and awesome as possible.

TheMan

It already feels like beating a dead horse to say this, but MW3 is such as obvious cash grab it almost feels like we’re being disrespected lol. Full price, shit campaign, hundreds of gigs of HD space required. And of course the macrotransactions (yes I meant macro) will be insane

Not surprising, it was originally a DLC after all.

I feel bad for anyone who spends $70 for the campaign and doesn’t know.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Yeah, the audacity to do this at the same time as asking people to pay $100 for this fuckery. Remember to mention this in the reviews you write in Steam etc. to make sure everyone knows.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I bought the $100 vault edition and can say I bought it mainly for the MP as most people do

I could forgive a super short COD campaign if it was great, if it made me feel something after playing it

This campaign was just uninspired and tried for a couple of shock moments at the end but just feels flat, safe, dull

Anyone who gives this campaign a good score is just smoking something funny

Also if you do play it let the credits roll, don't exit as soon as they start

I can’t believe people keep lining up to dump money into this treadmill of a game.
Minimal effort, recycled maps, rampant cheating and clown world operator skins/camo.
If you still buy into this franchise you get what you deserve.

Mossybrew

The only thing that interests me in this package is the Zombie mode, and I can't see spending $ 70 for just that.

I'll still continue to fuck around in the DMZ and hope they add some updates in the future.

nikos

Took longer than 3-4 for me and had some pretty good moments. It did end abruptly though.

I only bought this because of the movement. I'm not really a fan of CoD multiplayer but the beta was actually fun so I'll give it another chance. MWII movement is horrible.

Also sounds like Warzone might actually be good again, so I'll need to level guns for it. If Warzone ends up not being good, I'm pretty much done with CoD. Never cared for it before WZ1.

Gerdav

I bought the $100 vault edition and can say I bought it mainly for the MP as most people do

I could forgive a super short COD campaign if it was great, if it made me feel something after playing it

This campaign was just uninspired and tried for a couple of shock moments at the end but just feels flat, safe, dull

It was obviously initially planned to be a expansion, if they sold it as a package of 30 ish new maps over the year, zombies and the so called campaign as the co op DMZ missions that they are for anything from £30 - £40 I don’t think people would be complaining, they could still have sold the vault edition with the extras for £65- £70, the charade of a campaign is what’s allowed them to get away with full price and the pretence of it being a full blown sequel.

This is why you can't get me to buy COD games day one anymore. I think the last one was Black Ops 2. The campaigns are so hit or miss, which absolutely sucks. Will wait for a deep sale or Gamepass..........

Luipadre

Thats just how cod games feels every year isnt it?

Ronin_7

Banned
So, it's fully priced, has a bunch of old maps in the multiplayer, and the campaign is less than 5 hours. But I'm sure it's still going to sell well and make a ton of money, lol.

Good for them I guess. It looks and sounds like the easiest cash grab for them yet.
Kotick master mind.

Dibils2k

i wouldnt mind it if it was bunch of set pieces and linear missions tbh... but hearing its half Warzone with BOTS has me at a zero interest

Saber

Gold Member
They should have taken the opportunity to MW and make it a bang like the originals, since people still praise to this day the series. Sad to see they going for the cheap route, maybe they are restructurating to adequate to GP in the future.

You guys gotta have some self respect and stop buying this bullshit. You're only hurting the series.

3-4 hour campaign. .all maps reused from the original mw2 ...

If there was EVER a time to send a message to Activision it'd be now.

Not only that but them putting out this shameless cash grab takes away player populations from the last game.

This is the most disgusting cash grab from a company in a while.

You guys gotta have some self respect and stop buying this bullshit. You're only hurting the series.

3-4 hour campaign. .all maps reused from the original mw2 ...

If there was EVER a time to send a message to Activision it'd be now.

Not only that but them putting out this shameless cash grab takes away player populations from the last game.

This is the most disgusting cash grab from a company in a while.

I agree and am going to try and not buy MW3. But honestly if they fix all the dumb shit in mw2 mp - it will be hard to resist.

Gambit2483

It sounds like they hyped the entire campaign's existence on one returning character and one remade "classic" mission....so yeah, none of this surprises me.

They clearly don't respect their audience and have no reason to as COD fans will undoubtedly eat this up.

sinnergy

It’s not about length 🤣 Metroid zero mission for example is amazing , also 3 - 4 hours .. it is how you feel after these hours that matter .. is this COD shit after those 3 - 4 hours ?

Top Bottom