• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare III sets new engagement records

Calverz

Thank you for a historic Launch. Just two weeks in, MWIII has already set records with the highest engagement in the new modern warfare trilogy! Thank you for inspiring us and for spending so much time in this game. Your feedback and passion continually make us better. And, thank you for playing with us - It's been a blast, and there's much more fun in store!

Congratulations to our talented colleagues at Treyarch for setting a new MW record with MW Zombies - And another shoutout to players for making all of this possible.

More hours per player overall than MW2019 and MWII. MWZ is the most engaging third mode in MW history. Campaign players putting in more time per player in MWIII than the previous two installments.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
CoD slowly dying since World at War. Any year now.

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

Last edited:

graywolf323

Nothing about sales or actual number of players just saying those who did buy it has played it more than past CODs?

I bought it so not preaching doom and gloom here but I know several who did not because of SBMM
yeah these record engagement figures seem incredibly cherry picked

it’s not even the total hours? so we can assume that while the diehards might be playing it more, overall it’s being played less? 🤔

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Such an amazing campaign in this DLC.

Real talk? I liked it more than MW2. MW2's inclusion of survival-missions in the campaign was a real downer for me.

It's a short campaign, that's the only real negative about it.

Last edited:

Calverz

This tells me that the game has probably delivered on the changes the die hards wanted but sales numbers is a big unknown. Its probably worth bearing in mind that as its now owned by Microsoft, we probably wont get sales figures again.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Nothing about sales or actual number of players just saying those who did buy it has played it more than past CODs?

I bought it so not preaching doom and gloom here but I know several who did not because of SBMM
SBMM is a necessary tool. Let’s be real none of your buddies are like 2.5+ KD average. Otherwise they would get stomped game in game out.

The only reason this became a complaint is because trash streamers like Courage kept getting shit on when he capped out on his skill rating so now he can’t make clips of himself dunking on people because he is in fact average and fat.

You take away sbmm and all it does is trash tier people like him get into lobbies to ego boost.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Some people were saying this engagement record factors in MW2, MW3 and Warzone combined because, well, they use the same app for all 3 of them.
That doesn't make any sense, the game reconnects you to the appropriate server when selecting another game, playing the MWII campaign obviously doesn't show up as playing the MWIII campaign; anyone who says this dumb shit is just a salty goose.

Kupfer

It's always a matter of perspective. Why do they phrase it the way they do?
Probably because the total number of hours isn't overwhelmingly high. That's why they break it down to hours per player. And since this disaster is preferably played by hardcore CoD fans, this number naturally appears higher, allowing them to package it as advertising and promote it extensively.
I'm sure they would have preferred to advertise with sentences like 'the most overall playing hours within a week in the entire CoD franchise,' but that simply didn't happen.

Last edited:
I guess that is good??? Not sure how we are to know if something is good or just a flash in the pan moment after launch. We'll see over time how this entry sells.

Top Bottom