• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Wilds | State of Play Gameplay Reveal Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
youtube_thumb.jpg

The hunt is on in Monster Hunter Wilds, the latest installment in the Monster Hunter series, now in development. Experience the pinnacle of excellence in hunting action gameplay.
This new trailer highlights 2 new monsters: the Doshaguma and the Chatacabra

Breathtaking Immersion:
Every locale, monster, and person acts with their own thoughts and motivations, combining dynamically to bring an immersive and constantly changing Monster Hunter ecosystem to life.

When you encounter a large monster while out exploring a locale, you’ll be able to begin that quest seamlessly, allowing for deeper immersion.
Your hunter will also engage other characters in fully voiced conversations, deepening your connection with the many people you’ll meet along the way.

Changing Environments:
In Monster Hunter Wilds, locales are dense, deep, and three-dimensional. Let’s start with the Windward Plains shown in the trailer, which is a vast, untamed land ready to be explored.
While exploring this new locale, hunters will discover harsh environments contrasted by abundant landscapes teeming with life, and even extreme weather conditions that transform the locale in unexpected ways.

A Believable Ecosystem of Monsters:
Monsters act independently to survive in these harsh environments.
In Monster Hunter Wilds, hunters can expect to immerse themselves in a vibrant ecosystem of monsters living in nature, including large-scale groups of monsters that move in herds and packs and interact with one another.

More informations here: Playstation Blog

Planned for release in 2025.

ss_c1f44fa0f4a5994cbf331540e46bafa5d7b63836.jpg
ss_ef0d1fc952a50cc8fb63a041fe1b475fa7594715.jpg
image.png
image.png

Last edited:

FeralEcho

I think they forgot to add the colour in the 2nd part of the trailer....

it's Monster Hunter so I'm excited but the damn thing looks so washed out it really irks me

bender

What time is it?
Not really sure what to make of the trailer. It's MonHon so I'll be there day one, I just hope they don't break the tight game play loop by going open world.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I liked monster hunter in the past but in this day and age this "hitting rock" mechanics just feels old as fuck ...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm hyped for this especially the fact that now you can bring two weapons to the hunt.

Reactions: Isa

Stafford

Looked better to me than last year. But man, I do hope there will be some green in this game or is it all gonna be sand? That was the beauty of World, the diverse locations.

Isa

I liked it all except the characters are fugly. At least the shaved side haircut is kind of different this time with a longer done up style I guess. But man those faces are hideous. I miss the old days when Capcom would make attractive characters.

But I'll be there for hunts with my friends lol. Glad the mounts are back, and 2 weapons for hunts could be really neat.

Danjin44

Looked better to me than last year. But man, I do hope there will be some green in this game or is it all gonna be sand? That was the beauty of World, the diverse locations.
In every MH we had forest area, snow area and volcano and pretty sure this game will have it as well.

I liked it all except the characters are fugly
I kind of agree with you, Capcom is going for more realistic face in most of their IP now, in game like DMC and now Monster Hunter it just looks weird......are they gonna do the same with Ace Attorney?

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Isa

In every MH we had forest area, snow area and volcano and pretty sure this game will have it as well.

I kind of agree with you, Capcom is going for more realistic face in most of their IP now, in game like DMC and now Monster Hunter it just looks weird......are they gonna do the same with Ace Attorney?
Oh man I hope not haha! That could be super weird nightmare fuel with all of the expressions. If it lost the art style I'd have to pass on AA, that'd be a sad day for me.

Pejo

Looks neat. I still want game and system details more than CG story stuff, but it'll do.

Base PS5 is gonna struggle with that level of fidelity and that much weather/background animation.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Thank god this looks way more like world than rise (talking about the weight)

Great trailer, graphic still looks rough but they improved since the reveal.

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

Looks rough tbh.
Animation looks disjointed in comparison to World.
Probably could of done with a bit longer in the oven for a truly barnstorming gameplay reveal.
That said, I'm confident they'll deliver.

Pejo

Looks like there will be a focus more on the AI of monsters, with herds and packs seemingly adding some new layer to the flow of gameplay. Lots of potential here.
Yea I liked that aspect too. More importantly the boss rush feeling of Rise seems to be gone, which is a good thing. I hope multiple monsters in the same area is a threat again instead of double knockdown + free materials bonanza like it was in Rise, and it seems to be.

I'm also happy that environmental traps and damage opportunities seem to be back and useful again. I loved dropping rocks on monsters heads and stuff.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Looks like there will be a focus more on the AI of monsters, with herds and packs seemingly adding some new layer to the flow of gameplay. Lots of potential here.
Yep, hopefully their ecosystem is gonna be super strong.

For now if i have to make a list of the better animal ecosystems in AAA games it would be something like this

rdr2, fc primal and mh world (not in order).

Rain world beat all of them easily but nobody played that one :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yea I liked that aspect too. More importantly the boss rush feeling of Rise seems to be gone, which is a good thing. I hope multiple monsters in the same area is a threat again instead of double knockdown + free materials bonanza like it was in Rise, and it seems to be.

I'm also happy that environmental traps and damage opportunities seem to be back and useful again. I loved dropping rocks on monsters heads and stuff.
vM0aVX.gif

Danjin44

I might be miss understanding something but does MH Wilds has main characters?
1uM2M7j.png
nKAnIM4.png

Or is this made in character creation but this time it has voice acting?

Coconutt

Gold Member
This looks like it leans more towards world than rise, after the 100s of hours I spent on world I'll for sure be there for wilds day 1.

workaholics fer sure GIF

Comandr

Game looks amazing. I don't understand why everyone is complaining that a game that's not due out for at LEAST 6 months "looks rough." Yeah, no shit; it's not done. Remember when GTA6 got leaked a long time ago and people thought it was the worst looking game in the world? Fucking morans.

Edit: For those not in the know, Wilds is the next generation of MH game by the main MH team, same as World was. So of course it's going to be an evolution of that design and combat styling. Rise was effectively Monster Hunter Portable 5, done by the portable team, just like Generations before it.

It's important to recognize there are TWO MH dev teams, and they produce different types of hunting games. The portable team is much more experimental and focused being in the heat of combat.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Game looks amazing. I don't understand why everyone is complaining that a game that's not due out for at LEAST 6 months "looks rough." Yeah, no shit; it's not done. Remember when GTA6 got leaked a long time ago and people thought it was the worst looking game in the world? Fucking morans.
Its GAF, when new game get announced the first thing people complain about is graphics, we been through this with RE4Remake.

Comandr

Its GAF, when new game get announced the first thing people complain about is graphics, we been through this with RE4Remake.
The only valid concern I will entertain is that the felynes, which appear to be fully voiced now, will not have cat puns littered through their venaclawur.

Top Bottom