• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Wilds | State of Play Gameplay Reveal Trailer

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So dinos are basically palamutes and wirebugs are in too, but more like nudging the hunter in direction/speed rather than flying off. Rise 2 ftw! I can't wait to see more, it's a Tri level bump up in base tech/fidelity/skeletons while retaining the good core gameplay. I just loathe the World style story...

Last edited:
I might be miss understanding something but does MH Wilds has main characters?
1uM2M7j.png
nKAnIM4.png

Or is this made in character creation but this time it has voice acting?

It's gotta be character creator & voice acting. Probably recorded the same lines with the handful of VAs we'll get to choose as samples. I don't like the main character's armor they used though, looks like a ripoff of Assassin's Creed.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Eh, I don't really like the character design. All new monsters? So far the new big monsters are not cool for me
Because they are boring. Big doggo. Lizard Doggo. A big cat maybe? Still looks like a doggo. The monsters don't really standout and don't have that flagship monster appeal like World or Rise did.

mnkl13

did you guys notice someting wrong with the animation? like it's skipping frames or something? i feel like the visuals are not where they should be, something is holding this game back. maybe it's the switch2?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
did you guys notice someting wrong with the animation? like it's skipping frames or something? i feel like the visuals are not where they should be, something is holding this game back. maybe it's the switch2?
Or the the fact this game is coming out in 2025 and development is still progress?

NanaMiku

Because they are boring. Big doggo. Lizard Doggo. A big cat maybe? Still looks like a doggo. The monsters don't really standout and don't have that flagship monster appeal like World or Rise did.
Yeah, I'm worried they gonna make the monster more "realistic"

mnkl13

Eh, as long as I get gameplay footage, I don't mind

I remember when people shitting on Mario 3D World because it looks pretty empty in the first trailer.
yeah, and maybe that feedback helped. but to be honest that 3d mario felt a bit shallow in my opinion

mnkl13

The game still looks fucking great but also development is still in progress and still have lot of time to polish the game.
do you think i don't know that? but for now it feels like a portable console game and not a ps5 game even tho was shown on a state of play

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
do you think i don't know that? but for now it feels like a portable console game and not a ps5 game even tho was shown on a state of play
Did we watch same trailer? Please show me portable game that looks like MH Wild.

Stafford

In every MH we had forest area, snow area and volcano and pretty sure this game will have it as well.

I kind of agree with you, Capcom is going for more realistic face in most of their IP now, in game like DMC and now Monster Hunter it just looks weird......are they gonna do the same with Ace Attorney?

True. It should be fine then. It's one big open world this time,right? So it will all be in real time.

Does Capcom have a show of their own again this year? I'd like to see more.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Game looks amazing. I don't understand why everyone is complaining that a game that's not due out for at LEAST 6 months "looks rough." Yeah, no shit; it's not done. Remember when GTA6 got leaked a long time ago and people thought it was the worst looking game in the world? Fucking morans.

Edit: For those not in the know, Wilds is the next generation of MH game by the main MH team, same as World was. So of course it's going to be an evolution of that design and combat styling. Rise was effectively Monster Hunter Portable 5, done by the portable team, just like Generations before it.

It's important to recognize there are TWO MH dev teams, and they produce different types of hunting games. The portable team is much more experimental and focused being in the heat of combat.
The difference is that gta6 leaks were in 2022 and the game release in 2025, and the last showing of the game was absolutely incredible so people are not scared anymore.

Wilds release in 2025 and the last trailer was yesterday, end of may 2024, hardly the same thing, they don't have almost 3 years to fix the graphic and capcom is definitely not rockstar whem it comes to advanced tech nor has the same experience with open world games.

So yeah, we can definitely judge the state of the graphic for now, and dogma2 wasn't exactly a nextgen showcase from capcom so people can have doubts about the graphic of another open world made with re engine, of course it's gonna improve, but by how much?

People can like the trailer and be hyped for the game while still criticizing something, one doesn't exclude the other, if you people are ok woth this level of fidelity, good for you, but don't call out people who want more in 2025, this is a forum, not mh reddit or an echo chamber, not everyone has the same standards for games that cost 80 fucking euros.

Last edited:

Stafford

For those afraid of this being the only biome.

TWindward Plains from the trailer is the first hunting locale that you will visit - A LIVING WORLD|MONSTER HUNTER WILDS|CAPCOM.

It also says that for each hunting locale: “Each hunting locale features an environment with two dynamically changing identities: one in which the region is harsh and unforgiving where ravenous monsters fight for limited resources—and another in which the region is vibrant and brimming with life. Changes in the environment also means changes for the monsters and wildlife that live there, so you’ll be running into new surprises around every corner.”

Sounds great to me.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I have no doubt it's gonna have many biomes, the old games already had that and they were not even open world.

Naked Lunch

Capcom and the MH devs keeping that 'games for true old school gamers' alive.
You buy a MH knowing it has nearly limitless replay value. Just a single weapon switch is learning an entirely new game.
And you could play with such flair and skill. Actual gameplay 'depth'.

The one looks like its really pushing the boundaries - with all the environmental stuff and multiple monster battles. Evolving the mounts gameplay from Rise.
Its going to pretty special.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I hope overall it's a MH World 2. I'd need to see unscripted gameplay first though. Not a fan of the player hunters talking. Just not my thing. I like imagining voices instead of something preset. Or limiting it to very basic things.

splattered

This is just one biome, why is everyone bitching? I think it looks amazing, can't wait! Day one deluxe/ultimate version for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom