• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Morbius is so bad Sony and the director are spoiling the movie before release

ManaByte

Gold Member

In an interview with Cinema Blend being promoted by Sony Pictures themselves, Morbius director Daniel Espinosa answered some spoilerly questions regarding the film's post-credits sequence.

Although a full description wasn't given, apparently at some point in the post-credits scene, Michael Keaton's Vulture shows up in full costume to talk with Jared Leto's Morbius, after having been portaled into his universe from the MCU. When asked how the character got his costume, the director excused it by saying that "he is a resourceful guy:"

FOpiu4wXEAYnHw6

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Yep. This has had absolute garbage fire written all over it for a while now. Jared Leto has worse luck with superhero movies than Ben Affleck. Which is fine, because by all accounts, he's a right wanker.

Also, all this multiverse shit is getting inevitably embarrassing, weird and poorly thought out.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yep. This has had absolute garbage fire written all over it for a while now. Jared Leto has worse luck with superhero movies than Ben Affleck. Which is fine, because by all accounts, he's a right wanker.

Also, all this multiverse shit is getting inevitably embarrassing, weird and poorly thought out.
“Hey the movie may be shit but come for the credit scenes (which are even more shit)!”

FunkMiller

Gold Member
“Hey the movie may be shit but come for the credit scenes (which are even more shit)!”

Just saw this, spoiling the end credits sequences:

I mean... what the actual fuck? Why the hell would that happen to that character? It makes zero sense. And how the fuck he is in that suit?

The multiverse is dumb bullshit, and I hope they pull back from it when this turd flops.

I'd encourage every one to actually look at every spoiler they can, so they can save their money.

Last edited:

Doom85

Yeah, the trailers looked worrying. Look, a more serious film can work, but you need particularly good writers to pull it off. In terms of Sony’s recent live-action superhero films, the two Venom movies at least knew to have some fun so while the writing was weak at least it was fun watching the cast in the more wacky and crazy moments. But if this Morbius film is trying to mostly be serious but falls flat in the writing then even a good cast can’t do much with that.

Basically, the Venom movies at least let talented actors like Tom Hardy, Woody Harrelson, Naomie Harris, etc. have fun. Morbius feels like it won’t even have that so yeah I feel this is going to be similar to the 2015 Fantastic Four film in terms of offering nothing of value.

kingfey

Banned
Oh HI Sony from 2011-2015. How is amazing spiderman 1 and 2?

They really wanna go back to that period. Disney should take spiderman universe from Sony at this point. They are really bad, making movies like that.

Last edited:

Doom85

Oh HI Sony from 2011-2015. How is amazing spiderman 1 and 2?

They really wanna go back to that period. Disney should take spiderman universe from Sony at this point. They are really bad making movies like that.

They can’t take it from them (like, how would that even work?), they’d have to make an offer and it’s obvious by now Sony isn’t interested in selling.

As long as they keep the deal to have Spidey in the MCU, that’s the important thing. And the Spider-verse films keep getting made as they’re made by people who legit give a shit about making quality movies.

Let Sony keep making these spin-off movies as long as it doesn’t mess with the MCU. Hell, the new Spidey movie‘s post credits scene made it clear they’re doing their own Venom for a future Spidey movie(s) instead of the Sony version of Venom, so fans who wanted a more accurate portrayal should hopefully be pleased.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I can just imagine all the future MCU watch list having an * next to this film as everyone including Sony tries to inevitably disown it from the total canon.

kingfey

Banned
They can’t take it from them (like, how would that even work?), they’d have to make an offer and it’s obvious by now Sony isn’t interested in selling.

As long as they keep the deal to have Spidey in the MCU, that’s the important thing. And the Spider-verse films keep getting made as they’re made by people who legit give a shit about making quality movies.

Let Sony keep making these spin-off movies as long as it doesn’t mess with the MCU. Hell, the new Spidey movie‘s post credits scene made it clear they’re doing their own Venom for a future Spidey movie(s) instead of the Sony version of Venom, so fans who wanted a more accurate portrayal should hopefully be pleased.
I meant like what they did with spiderman movies. Let disney handle making the movies. Just help them with budget. The new spiderman movies are good.
They are ruining the spiderman universe, by making these bad decisions.

Hinedorf

Banned
Problem is Sony can keep bumble fucking forever and as long as they continue to churn out that big franchise Spider Man hit with Disney's help, they can keep making these add on movies and they will.

Talent/success be damned Sony owns Spiderman and now can profit off Disney refusing to let them trash Spidey

Also....both Venom movies are awful by Marvel Disney standards so I think venom/2/Morbius all cut from the same cloth

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Blame Sony for their use of the Multiverse... Because they're doing it wrong. Their universe building is CRAP without Feige and Marvel Studios.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I don’t even stay fort he post-credits scenes of movies I do like, let alone turdburgers.

I can’t remember the last one I enjoyed or didn’t have spoiled beforehand (my fault), and I see them as simply being promotion for another film I’ll have promoted to me anyway.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Sony movies in general are pretty wank. I’m amazed they did so well with Spider-Man, TASM and Venom 1 to be honest.

so is this part of the whole marvel universe do i have to watch it to keep up? ive only just started on the falcon and winter soldier series

Last edited:

Tams

On a related note: Sony seem intent on showing half their films in small snippets on YouTube recently. Certainly enough to ruin any story they might have.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Stop reading at this point
is about as bad as you were expecting
They was expecting it to be bad.
I think I'll wait for review (not that they matter)

Last edited:

sol_bad

Just saw this, spoiling the end credits sequences:

I mean... what the actual fuck? Why the hell would that happen to that character? It makes zero sense. And how the fuck he is in that suit?

The multiverse is dumb bullshit, and I hope they pull back from it when this turd flops.

I'd encourage every one to actually look at every spoiler they can, so they can save their money.

The multiverse is not dumb bullshit. It's Sony who are dumb and bullshit and have no idea what they are doing. Morbius is another of their trash shit movies like ASM1 & 2 and Venom 1 & 2.

Sybrix

But we knew this...... of course it was going to be bad.

Venom is bad and don't even try to deny it, don't even try to justify having Tom Hardy makes the film good... it doesnt and they weren't good.

And Mobius being crap is to be expected.

Sony need to lease these characters to Disney.

It would be the worst thing if Sony brought us a Sinister Six film.

VN1X

Banned

Wait why is Leto himself a wanker now then?

But we knew this...... of course it was going to be bad.

Venom is bad and don't even try to deny it, don't even try to justify having Tom Hardy makes the film good... it doesnt and they weren't good.

And Mobius being crap is to be expected.

Sony need to lease these characters to Disney.

It would be the worst thing if Sony brought us a Sinister Six film.
waaaaaaaaat venom 1 and 2 are great and fun ))))

MrMephistoX

Problem is Sony can keep bumble fucking forever and as long as they continue to churn out that big franchise Spider Man hit with Disney's help, they can keep making these add on movies and they will.

Talent/success be damned Sony owns Spiderman and now can profit off Disney refusing to let them trash Spidey

Also....both Venom movies are awful by Marvel Disney standards so I think venom/2/Morbius all cut from the same cloth
That’s kind of exactly it the movies make enough money to stave off death each time so Tim Rothman and Amy Pascal can be dicks and pretend they’re hit makers on the cheap. All they have to do is release a shit movie every 5.75 years to keep Spider-Man at Sony

Who knows maybe the Japanese dubs are better and that’s how Sony keeps green lighting this shit? I also have to wonder at times if they’re just

Last edited:

Fbh

Man Hollywood really is just about knowing the right people and having the right connection.

According to IMDB the 3 best known movies from both writers on this are Gods of Egypt, Power Rangers and The last Witch Hunter. All of them not only review poorly but also bombed at the box office.
How do these people keep getting hired on any sort of major production?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
The action scene that sets up the final trailer looked so cliche and bad, like something that might have been cool 30 years ago. Generic gun toting guys walking around generic steamy industrial looking room with metal grated floors/stairs waiting to be killed from the shadows complete with LOTS OF BASSSSSS in the music.

Not surprised about this. Sony is gonna be shitting out these movies non stop while the license is hot until they start losing money on it. They can keep the budget as low as 75MM and releasing in only 2000 movie theaters domestic and it'll satisfy the main requirements of the license.

You’ve clearly never watched Black Widow

Easily one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen in my entire life

You've clearly never watched Fan4stic, Venom, or Eternals. But even these movies are masterpieces compared to some of those old school DTV movies like Captain America, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Spider-Man, Punisher, Man-Thing, etc movies. When talking about worst Marvel movies ever anything but those is objectively an incorrect answer.

You've clearly never watched Fan4stic, Venom, or Eternals. But even these movies are masterpieces compared to some of those old school DTV movies like Captain America, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Spider-Man, Punisher, Man-Thing, etc movies. When talking about worst Marvel movies ever anything but those is objectively an incorrect answer.
I haven’t watched those. I tend to avoid watching trash. Only reason I watched Black Widow was that someone put it on during a road trip.

Stop watching this garbage dude.

Top Bottom