• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More on Sega's Western plans

sangreal

This may be old, but its dated today

SEGA(R) of America, Inc. and SEGA(R) Europe Ltd. today announced a partnership with Secret Level, a San Francisco-based development studio, to recreate a classic SEGA franchise for PlayStation(R)3 (PS3) computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

http://www.finanznachrichten.de/nachrichten-2005-07/artikel-5039406.asp

Wonder what classic franchise they're working on

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
secret level... sounds familiar. someone help me out, what games have they made in the past?

what has secret level done? that should give you a clue. Normally when devs want to license out an internal IP to a developer they usually take into account their portfolio or genre expertise.

sangreal

According to their website they did the America's Army ports for PS2/Xbox, Karaoke Revolution and Magic the Gathering: Battlegrounds for xbox. Oh, and some Star Wars starfighter games + UT for DC

So yeah, still no clue

Xenon

America's Army: Rise of a Soldier FPS 11 Oct, 2005
America's Army: Rise of a Soldier FPS 11 Oct, 2005
Magic the Gathering: Battlegrounds Action 19 Nov, 2003
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
<prepares for another Final Fight style disaster>

Just what is going with the Japanese teams? Have the all been put to work on arcade titles? Apart from PSU there doesn't seem to be anything going on!

Danj

impirius said:
"Western plans"?

"classic franchise"?

Must be Time Traveler

Doesn't have to be a U.S. "classic franchise" does it? Personally I'm hoping it's the long-awaited English-language Sakura Taisen announcement...

sangreal

Well the full description, from their employment page is:

Secret Level's PS3 / Xbox 360 original technology based game that will revisit a classic Sega IP historically unavailable to western developers.

Dav2k said:
Altered Beast 2

well, 15 years ago in EGM

1AlteredBeast2.jpg

from this, I take it that Altered Beast 2 was in the making for the Megadrive - Genesis but like many games, was scrapped along the way.

Top Bottom