• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 1 - Official Umgadi Trailer and Pre Order Information Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

bdlq44T.png

TnqJP39.png

Umgadi warriors are chosen for greatness, and they will uphold their duties at any cost. Cross them at your own risk.

It's In Our Blood. Discover a reborn Mortal Kombat Universe created by Fire God Liu Kang. Mortal Kombat 1 ushers in a new era of the iconic franchise with a new fighting system, game modes, and Fatalities!

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Damn, Tanya's fatality is some top tier shit. And finally TOES! Toes for the babes and us men of culture. First Kitana and Mileena (who is now truly hot and not with an fuckable mouth) and now Tanya. Keep it up NRS!

tkscz

Ouch Tanya's face. Didn't expect Li Mei, haven't seen her playable since Armageddon. Don't care for Omni-man and Homelander but Peace Maker fits.

yansolo

i might be a minority here but i really dislike how nearly every game now has to have separate editions, they cant just release the game and have everything in it? the premium edition is 140 bux down here in Australia

As for the game, i dont know if i like the direction theyre going with it

MiguelItUp

This roster is looking pretty weak to me personally. Also was hoping this game play more like MK9 and less like MK11, but it's not that at all. At least I can expect a cool/fun campaign. Shame about everything else that's shaping up around this. Still really don't know how I feel about the whole Kameo thing. That first DLC package is... such an odd mix too, lol.

Last edited:
BTW I went on their discord server just to see what people are saying, so I made the same comment about Tanya that she is a terrible design. They said I was racist and blocked me from the server :messenger_tears_of_joy: I really dont know what to say about todays generation when you have to throw the race card or now even something-phobic card if you say the "design" is bad.

Last edited:

Mashmist

Neo Member
BTW I went on their discord server just to see what people are saying, so I made the same comment about Tanya that she is a terrible design. They said I was racist and blocked me from the server :messenger_tears_of_joy: I really dont know what to say about todays generation when you have to throw the race card or now even something-phobic card if you say the "design" is bad.
I honestly don't get what's wrong with the model. Looks way better than before.

That graphic with the different editions is everything wrong with modern gaming. Having to pay $110 just to have access to the game and DLC characters on their real release dates. Having a whole character in a fighting game locked as a preorder bonus. I hate that this series is so popular.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That graphic with the different editions is everything wrong with modern gaming. Having to pay $110 just to have access to the game and DLC characters on their real release dates. Having a whole character in a fighting game locked as a preorder bonus. I hate that this series is so popular.
With WB early adoption of content is always a personal sacrifice for earlier access, as you will never get equative deals that others get to fill out what new things you are missing. After all the content is out they will put that ultimate edition on 80% off but never put individual DLC packs on sale. It's a trend I've noticed across several WB franchises.

Jboemios

Banned
Nothing "woke" about any of this. It's just not good art, design, modelling, etc. I feel like it's not getting any better with each game, it's either just as bad or worse, lmao.
The funny thing is that they dont miss with the male characters. They can have shit designs , but they are not ugly like Tanya. She is fucking hideous.

MiguelItUp

The funny thing is that they dont miss with the male characters. They can have shit designs , but they are not ugly like Tanya. She is fucking hideous.
Honestly, I personally feel like their characters are missing left and right. But I've definitely felt like they "struggle" with the faces of female characters for whatever reason, lol. It's happened for a LONG time too.

I'm looking forward to Omni-Man and Homelander being in the game, but I totally get being tired of third party characters hogging DLC slots.
I'm glad Takeda came back, though. He was my favorite of the kombat kids in MKX.
I still haven't forgiven them for cutting Ash Williams from MK11

Well when you go from a burly man and then cut your dick off and turn into an even uglier man but play dress up and inject that cancer into the game what do you expect…. Went from GGA 16 bit to GGA no bits. Smfh

TFxzPLo.jpg

e8FrgDI.jpg
I always felt this person had something to do with the female design. Completely meritless, but when I saw him on that stream the other week, I thought "YOU! You're the reason the women are so covered up and have no hips!"

I always felt this person had something to do with the female design. Completely meritless, but when I saw him on that stream the other week, I thought "YOU! You're the reason the women are so covered up and have no hips!"
She is not an artist or a designer she's the lead Q/A person, you guys need to stop blaming everyone who's different than you for everything you don't like. I'm sure there are plenty of woke females working at NRS it's sadly part of the industry, but Stephanie isn't the one to blame and it sucks that some of you automatically blame her just because she's trans. Before anyone gets pissed that I call her she, Stephanie is actually committed to it and living life as a woman not just some guy in a bad fitting dress with lipstick on his beard.

I am annoyed by the focus on trans issues by everyone these days, I think people are overly obsessed with it all and need to focus on real world issues again. She has NOTHING to do with the art and if you think any fighting game company is going to make realistic looking models that walk around looking like midday strippers the way they did back in MK9 you are going to be disappointed, you'll need a time machine to get back to those days. If you hadn't noticed the guys aren't walking around shirtless either, everyone is covered up.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Well when you go from a burly man and then cut your dick off and turn into an even uglier man but play dress up and inject that cancer into the game what do you expect…. Went from GGA 16 bit to GGA no bits. Smfh

TFxzPLo.jpg

e8FrgDI.jpg

Naw dude chill. Plenty of trans people love having attractive characters in games too. Just cuz someone is trans doesn’t mean they push an agenda. This game just has shitty character design. The kameos in particular look like they are from completely different games (cuz they are) and don’t mesh with the aesthetic AT ALL.

ShadowNate

The models look fine to me. Kind of aged, but that's ok. The stills posted here don't do them justice.
Tanya's hair is weird for her face, but whatever, it's a style and I can get over it. I guess it also helps giving her a more distinct look.

I do care more for Baraka's and to a lesser degree Li Mei's return.

Top Bottom