• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 1 - Official Umgadi Trailer and Pre Order Information Released

Did not tekken have a story mode lile this? I remember watching it in youtube but it was superp boring

They had similar but was pretty lame. More
Like cutscenes and motion graphics , didn’t had any meaning … kinda “oh no more time/money, change to motion graphic or text only”.

I like mk how they seamless integrate the story and fight. But I do play Tekken a lot more .

I’m actually really tired of seeing ugly characters in games and movies.
b bu but progressive and the rights of (insert minority less that 1% of the world population) of our people are amazing, without us and a really good lid on looking for the right person instead, what would you guys do? Slave us again? Fuck you with your misogyny and your racism I'm gonna cry on instagram now

Same. Look at this masterpiece of scene and tell me if any person would have the balls to make this TODAY:

Nickolaidas

What utterly ruins her is that dreadful hair. Here is the game model with edited hair and not an overexaggerrated facial expression. Not top tier, but definitely improved.

bwU9PpO.jpg
1qKNZTl.jpg
pQ7HnG8.jpg
8zpD7jv.jpg

Last edited:

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
That's not true at all, where did you get that nonsense? Homelander and Omni-man probably wouldn't even be allowed in Injustice, they are far too violent for that series. Just like Superman wouldn't be allowed in Mortal Kombat, yeah the Joker was and I wouldn't he shocked to see Harley in Kombat Pack 2 but they aren't going to allow their heroes to be doing fatalities on people or taking them.
I didn't say they were a possible inclusion in injustice. They could easily copy/paste Superman's (or any other superheroes) injustice moveset to onmi-man or Homelander without making the characters from the ground up.

Also Ed Boon stated that they pivoted to mk during the unreal engine switch. But when ign asked him why they went with mk again instead of injustice he was quoted as saying "There were a number of factors, some of which I can talk about, some of which I probably shouldn't,"

The unreal engine switch excuse makes zero sense, considering Injustice 2 also runs on unreal 3. So why skip Injustice 3 entirely? Then take a year + longer to develop mk1?

I remember rumors of at&t trying to sell off Warner Bros Gaming division, carrying over to 2022.

FeralEcho

I think Li Mei is very pretty, Tanya looks like a real person she's just not your type.
Ah yes,here's some "Real life" footage of Tanya
Wave Horse GIF by StubHub

Can we stop with this "looks like real person" bullshit,It was also used as an excuse after they uglified MJ in the Spiderman 2 trailer thread....I dont give a shit how real she looks I just want my eyes to not bleed when looking at her which seeing as this is a fucking fighting game and she's a playable character you'll do that alot...What the fuck is wrong with people that they want their entertainment to look like shit they see on the street each day.I see ugly people everyday I go to work,I don't consider myself handsome either so i want at least my escapism to not be bogged down by the shit i see everyday just because hurr durr diversity and realism.Fuck that shit! Its a fucking video game NOT a fucking self help book to make ugly people feel like they are represented.

//DEVIL//

What is it with western game devs and having ugly characters in their games
promoting woke. they either do that or get fired for being a bigot and not supportive of ugly fat chicks. This is why most of the real talent told these companies to fuck off and left.

As a result? long development time, ugly games. nothing creative. bigger budget to accommodate all these purple-haired parasites working there. the list goes on.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
This entire thread reminds me why I hate the modern internet.

Success

The people complaining about the character designs are all at least 30+ year old boomers.

Fighting games need to keep characters looking fresh and not always appeal to the boomer mentality of "Keep things the same forever because I am too old to change" crowd.

I like Tanya's change. She actually looks like a real human now even though she is not technically a "human".

I am eagerly looking forward to more female fighter reveals and seeing the meltdowns.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

I was hoping NRS would of stepped it up with female armpit hair. MK2 its all or nothing.

Last edited:
The backgrounds look nice, but I actually prefer the character designs in MK11 so far. I don’t know, they looked more iconic and distinctive to me. We’ll see. Maybe some extra skins will rectify this issue. Is it me or do the females look better in MK11 as well from what I’ve seen especially Sindel who imo looked really good. Also, the tag team mode is mandatory? Uh, I don’t know if that’s a good thing.
I think this is due to more polys on the screen with more characters. The kombat in 11 is also very close up so there was more detail, whereas it's now more about the overall presence.

I'm a big mk fan, but this is probably the second least anticipated title for me since I'm not a fan of tag action (least was trashmageddon.)

Game looks great but that bitch fugly. I just need to know what the single player content is going to be, Towers are getting stale and after years of mediocre sp offerings SF6 raised the bar with it's World Tour mode, let's see what happens.

ShadowNate

I like how everyone reposts that one single frame, of an animated 3d model face, and apparently concluded that the model is horribly ugly. And like no other screenshot posted when she looks quite normal and even beautiful.

yeah, the hair I agree, but the rest is just overreactionary bullshit

The people complaining about the character designs are all at least 30+ year old boomers.

Fighting games need to keep characters looking fresh and not always appeal to the boomer mentality of "Keep things the same forever because I am too old to change" crowd.

I like Tanya's change. She actually looks like a real human now even though she is not technically a "human".

I am eagerly looking forward to more female fighter reveals and seeing the meltdowns.

You obviously dont follow MK if you think people want everything to stay the same because I can barely remember when a single character from MK stayed the same in the next title. What does it mean that we want Tanya to stay the same because she has 5 different looks throught 5 different games so what is "same"? I dont really see how having a shit designed female is changing things up because they do have a quality team working there but this Tanya looks like an intern first time working in Blender designed the face. A lot of characters already looked very "human" in MK11, I dont see MK12 doing anything better on that front.

ShadowNate ShadowNate

This is from their own IG, you cant tell me this is "beautifu". People arent cherrypicking. Anyway the backlash on their IG post is exactly what the majority thinks. Disastrous design:

5zI9759.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't say they were a possible inclusion in injustice. They could easily copy/paste Superman's (or any other superheroes) injustice moveset to onmi-man or Homelander without making the characters from the ground up.

Also Ed Boon stated that they pivoted to mk during the unreal engine switch. But when ign asked him why they went with mk again instead of injustice he was quoted as saying "There were a number of factors, some of which I can talk about, some of which I probably shouldn't,"

The unreal engine switch excuse makes zero sense, considering Injustice 2 also runs on unreal 3. So why skip Injustice 3 entirely? Then take a year + longer to develop mk1?

I remember rumors of at&t trying to sell off Warner Bros Gaming division, carrying over to 2022.
That's not what he said, he said that they decided to do MK because they didn't want that much time to go by without an MK game. The biggest reason is likely that MK sells a lot more copies than Injustice and WB needs money. MK11 sold over 15 million copies, Injustice 2 didn't even sell 4 million.

AT&T was trying to sell WB games and rumor was at the time that MK was the studios next project because if it were sold they didn't want any licensing issues to muck things up because DC was still going to be owned by AT&T/WB. The problem with that though was that while AT&T was trying to sell their game studios the MK IP was not going to be included in a sale they were going to hold onto it so the same licensing issue could have happened there too. Regardless they weren't working on something else then shifted midway, this game is what they've been working on the entire time.

Last edited:
You obviously dont follow MK if you think people want everything to stay the same because I can barely remember when a single character from MK stayed the same in the next title. What does it mean that we want Tanya to stay the same because she has 5 different looks throught 5 different games so what is "same"? I dont really see how having a shit designed female is changing things up because they do have a quality team working there but this Tanya looks like an intern first time working in Blender designed the face. A lot of characters already looked very "human" in MK11, I dont see MK12 doing anything better on that front.

ShadowNate ShadowNate

This is from their own IG, you cant tell me this is "beautifu". People arent cherrypicking. Anyway the backlash on their IG post is exactly what the majority thinks. Disastrous design:

5zI9759.jpg
The model who's face they are using is much prettier than how they've made her in game, the cheeks look like a just over middle-aged woman with a ton of fillers vs a natural beauty.

Mashmist

Neo Member
Oh wow I’m in the gross minority here I guess. Every new trailer I see, I get more and more hyped. I haven’t played MK since the initial release of 11, but I think this game looks so awesome. The fighting looks so expressive and fun, and I like a lot of the new takes on old characters.

Can’t wait for this!
You're not in the minority, people are just trolling

Rheon

Crazy how a random Twitter artist's design completely blows a multimillion dollar studio's out of the water.

Last edited:
Top Bottom