• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 1 Reveals Jean-Claude Van Damme Skin for Johnny Cage

Draugoth

Gold Member
  • Mortal Kombat 1 introduces the Jean-Claude Van Damme skin for Johnny Cage, adding excitement for players eagerly awaiting the game's release.
  • The skin, which resembles Van Damme's look in Bloodsport, was revealed during an interview with Ed Boon on the YouTube channel First We Feast's Hot One program.
  • The inclusion of Van Damme's skin adds to the anticipation of what characters and skins Mortal Kombat 1 will offer.

mortal-kombat-1-reveals-jean-claude-van-damme-skin-for-johnny-cage-1.jpg
jean-claude-van-damme-johnny-cage-mk1.jpg
Van-Damme-Mortal-Kombat.jpg
Screenshot-2023-09-07-134121.png

As well as finally revealing the Jean-Claude Van Damme skin for Mortal Kombat 1, Ed Boon talked about various subjects such as the narrative in fighting games, and his beginnings with the original Mortal Kombat. Boon says that only four people worked on what would become one of the most influential fighting games of all time. Decades later, the co-creator of Mortal Kombat reveals that hundreds of people are working on Mortal Kombat 1, and talks about how advances in technology have made it possible to create an even more elaborate game.

Last edited:
Isn’t Jonny Cage supposed to be a Van Damme type character from the very beginning? At least that’s what I always thought.
They should’ve used his Nowhere to Run model and use the Triumph Bonneville as a special attack lol.

saintjules

A shame it's just a skin. At least JCVD voiced it.

I'm hoping to see the Punch in the groin move be a Fatality (if there's a second one).

I understand they are going for Bloodsport era Van Damme but this doesn't look like him at all lol. On a positive note that fatality was wild 💯

ShadowNate

I mean looking at Sonya in the background of the first pic, this looks more like they pasted Sonya's face on Johnny and removed the lipstick, rather than worked on a JCVD resemblance.

Sojiro

YThat doesn't look like Van Damme.
Yeah I can kinda see some resemblance there....if I really squint kinda? But to me this doesn't look much like JVD at all. I loved VD back in the day, so I would be ok with this if they actually made the model look like the guy.

Top Bottom