• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 1 To Include Denuvo DRM On PC

Draugoth

Gold Member
According to the official Steam page, Mortal Kombat 1 will include Denuvo DRM on PC.

Why it matters: Denuvo DRM is widely criticized for negatively impacting performance and leading to problems like crashes.

Mortal Kombat 1 Denuvo DRM

Fortunately, like other developers, NetherRealm Studios is also known to remove the DRM sometime after launch. A similar instance was observed with Mortal Kombat 11, which removed Denuvo after two years.

winjer

Gold Member
no one outside this places like forum cares, people will buy the game because they want to play it and it will protect the launch sales like its meant to

Most gaming enthusiasts care about this.
But the issue for the remaining people is not that they don't care, it's that they are unaware of what Denuvo is and it's problems.
Then they wander why their game has low performance or stutters.

Blackage

Wait for performance reviews if buying on PC. I think cross play was only recently confirmed for the pc version too? You know the suits that make these calls don't give a shit if you're getting 60 fps in online matches.

That is the least of their problems. I bought Injustice 2 on PC to play it in higher fidelity than the console counterparts, but it is poorly optimized with inconsistent framerates and its memory leaks cause it to crash after about 10 matches. In the end I just settled for playing it on the Series S. I am never getting one of their games on PC again.

no one outside this places like forum cares, people will buy the game because they want to play it and it will protect the launch sales like its meant to
So, which is it? Do people who want to play the game buy it (rendering anti-piracy software pointless), or does the game need piracy protection?

MiguelItUp

I wouldn't be surprised if it's affecting the game's performance on PC. A lot of people talking about stuttering, etc. It's pretty stupid.

Top Bottom