• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 11 - Terminator

xrnzaaas

Shedding the skin and the fatality looked awesome, but is it really so hard to hire someone who does a good Arnold voice? Bill Hader would've probably been perfect, but I've also seen a lot of amateur actors impersonating his voice really well.

Belmonte

Is there the a Terminator 2 or Terminator 1 skin? These Terminator Dark Fate clothes are too mundane for a Terminator.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
The voice is terrible and they claim Arnold hand picked it.

Fatality is great though.
I kinda liked it. It's not as great as Arnie, but even himself can't talk like him anymore, so it's ok.

It's a character with grabs and he's awesome

Dada55000

The face looks so much worse than in the roster reveal. What happened? It's like the shadows are fucked.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Man, when I saw the initial reveal I thought it looked incredible. But here it looks awful. The facial hair is glowing lol.

Have though to say, loved that fatality :) The voice is terrible, but it seems a little too high pitch for some reason? Lower the pitch and I think it would sound fine?

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
He looks fun to play. The sounds are off-ish and his face has far less features to it than I thought it would.I like his multi-shotgun blast. NRS had all that drama a while back and now they do something like this to get right with their fans. From reading all those articles, it felt like MK11 was made by a bunch of interns. Hopefully that's not true.

Ban Puncher

The amount of people on this planet that can do a half-convincing Schwarzenegger impression and that's the one they go with?

IHD25rw.gif

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I don't know how i feel about this.... If I van get the metel bone skin alone, I'd be happy. Definitely gives off Jason vibes. Dont like the voice acting. And why is his KB krushing someones balls? He's the terminator, not the torturer. Seems out of character.

GrayFoxPL

Underwhelming trailer.

Bad Arnold voice over.
Snoozfest movelist.
Shotgun with little oomph.
Arnold model only good.
R13H7AK.gif

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Terminator is good but you better have the best version of him in your game, where's the signature shades? Giant muscles? Motorcycle? I respect them for putting this version of Terminator in the game though.

Gargus

Banned
Man why didn't they use young Arnie from the first movie?

Why didthey use that shitty voice?

Maybe they will at least make it so you become an endoskeleteon if you're set on fire. Or maybe have an alternate dick swinging terminator costume.

this is one of the most bad ass things to happen in MK games

scorpion vomits flames on arnold

arnold's on the ground with his skin burning off

gets up full on t-800

that fatality

ooooof

Justin9mm

Can you just buy Terminator skin? Here in Aus they want $60 for the 6 playable characters as a Kombat Pack, that is more than I paid for the whole game. Fuck these people!

Nickolaidas

Man why didn't they use young Arnie from the first movie?

Why didthey use that shitty voice?

Maybe they will at least make it so you become an endoskeleteon if you're set on fire. Or maybe have an alternate dick swinging terminator costume.
Young Arnold is in.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Can you just buy Terminator skin? Here in Aus they want $60 for the 6 playable characters as a Kombat Pack, that is more than I paid for the whole game. Fuck these people!

Yeah you can buy DLC characters individually. You don't have to buy the whole season pass. Here in the US they are $6 which is like 9 Australian dollars.

makaveli60

So many missing, fan-loved characters and 3 of the season pass ones are from movies that have nothing to do with MK. Why? Rhetorical question...

maybe I'm just being ungrateful, but it seems like pretty low effort to me. They could have done so much more, for example, the skin changing to cyborg is cool, but the animation looks cheap (the transition isn't smooth), skin should slowly break off during the fight etc and reveal the cyborg underneath. The finishing move where he teleports was cool, but I wanted more when he went into the future, they used the same cyborg models etc, I just am noticing all of the same animations and character models being used.

I dunno, I'm hard to please nowadays

MiguelItUp

I'm actually really stoked about this and will check him out in MK11 as a result. I haven't touched MK11 in awhile, beat the campaign and just didn't touch it. Honestly, X and 11 haven't captivated me as much as 9 did. The gameplay is 11 is better than X IMO, but still not quite there. I thought 9 was the BEST MK felt in a LONG time. :(

Back on track, I love everything about The Terminator other than his voice, lol.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
KI3 is worse than the original and DB Fighter Z is just goku face#53.
At least name good fighters.
Fast paced combo heavy fighters instead of slow and clunky.
Not sure what other modern fighters to use besides that.
Never stated what i preferred.

Nvzman

Fast paced combo heavy fighters instead of slow and clunky.
Not sure what other modern fighters to use besides that.
Never stated what i preferred.
I mean, mortal kombat isn't inherently worse because its not fast as shit.
I'll be totally honest MK11 feels pretty good, and I say that even though my favorite fighting game (besides Smash) happens to be Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Different feeling and controls don't equal clunky, MK11 feels perfectly fine for what it is. It's intentionally designed to feel slower and heavier, it's whether or not you prefer that or not that matters.

Top Bottom