• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat: National Tournament | Las Vegas, Nevada | May 14 - May 15, 2011

kitzkozan

Aruarian Reflection said:
Yeah, I would be very surprised if this wasn't split. Top 3 finalists are all buddy-buddy. Arturo calling them Justinandfriends

In a sense, this is sad because I'm pretty sure Wong and Floe couldn't give a shit about MK. Just there for the money and there's just no way the MK regulars could beat them on a consistent basis.

Also quite sure they are going to do some splitting of the pot. :p

Kikujiro

16 were really good, now it seems more like casual play with friends (I guess it's because it's always Justin vs Floe). And there's no hype at all for a grand final.

It's so annoying reading people bitching about lack of "hype".

Wahh, intelligent informative commentary that can explain what's occurring to people instead of constant yelling and memes, and a crowd that's intently watching the game on the edge of their seats.

Grecco

Slamtastic said:

Wahh, intelligent informative commentary that can explain what's occurring to people instead of constant yelling and memes, and a crowd that's intently watching the game on the edge of their seats.

The crowd was dead bro.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
DjangoReinhardt said:
Man, the crowd is really into this final.
Not enough alcohol.

I don't think Justin was kidding when he was cheerleeding for a WWE All Stars tournament. If there is money to be had from winning a tournament he'll gladly take it.

Conceited said:
You don't watch enough streams.

So anti hype

I still don't see why JWong would want to split a pot with anyone if he can take it all himself---same thing with LI Joe and Floe.

I can see it if the pot is small enough that it doesn't matter---but I doubt any of these guys are willing to part with 5k just because they're friends.

Kikujiro

Slamtastic said:

Oh my god, why are you so mad?

It's so annoying you're always here telling people to not criticize anything Mortal Kombat related. We get it, you love the game, but there's no need to be so defensive about it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
darkressurection said:
Least hype Grand Finals ever, look at the crowd.
Yeah. The entire top 8 had too many lame moments dispersed throughout to be hype TBH. MK isn't the most hype game to watch really.

MK netcode FULLY on blast.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MK9 dude reassuring fans next patch will improve netkode dramatically.

Props to NRS for even going as far as doing this. In full support of the community.

Khezu

It really is bad, I tried to play smash brothers brawl a few months ago, and that game had better online then MK.
Though, there is something really weird about the smash online community, out of the ten games I did, no one wanted to fight, they all just stood there taunting, until I hit one of them and they all ganged up on me, twas really weird.

sleepykyo

PsychoSoldier said:
I still don't see why JWong would want to split a pot with anyone if he can take it all himself---same thing with LI Joe and Floe.

I can see it if the pot is small enough that it doesn't matter---but I doubt any of these guys are willing to part with 5k just because they're friends.

Maybe short term, but what about long term? They're long time friends, splitting a couple isn't that much. And it eventually comes back, Justin carries Tokido in Marvel. Tokido and Ricky win SSF4 teams while Wong was busy with work at PAX.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
sleepykyo said:
Maybe short term, but what about long term? They're long time friends, splitting a couple isn't that much. And it eventually comes back, Justin carries Tokido in Marvel. Tokido and Ricky win SSF4 teams while Wong was busy with work at PAX.

Theres also no way to tell if it was split evenly 3 ways, once Justin won Winners finals they could have decided to give him a larger portion, since there was pretty much no way Joe or Floe was gonna beat him 2 sets in GF.

sleepykyo

Conceited said:
Theres also no way to tell if it was split evenly 3 ways, once Justin won Winners finals they could have decided to give him a larger portion, since there was pretty much no way Joe or Floe was gonna beat him 2 sets in GF.

Good point. Also, does it matter in this case? It was a decent GF.

edit: Tom Brady with the revisionist history.

Pepto

Banned
PsychoSoldier said:

He would want to split the pot if he thinks there is a good chance that he will lose and he wants guaranteed 7,5k instead of gambling with the 5k that winner of finals gets.

Top Bottom