• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat: National Tournament | Las Vegas, Nevada | May 14 - May 15, 2011

DasRaven

AAK said:
Is there anyone here that prefers the PDP button layout over DS/360 controller or the Hori/TE stick layouts?

I just looks so.... uncomfortable.
Right here, wouldn't have it any other way.
Feels just like the arcade, in much the same way I'd suspect the VLX owners prefer it to a TE.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Raiden teleport can be punished, but it's so fast that you actually have to look for it.
The fucked up thing about it is that you can really use it to escape pressure that no other character can right now (certain blockstrings and setups just get lit up by teleport into combo punish into superman.) Then you're at the wall. :/

If you try to go too crazy on him Raiden superman always keeps you honest. It's one of the fastest moves in the game. Sure, you can punish it on block but it's still a huge threat.

Also, they dont want you to truly understand how the game works. lol.
PDP stick layout gets my hands tired after a hour of play.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Nabs said:
Yikes.

I'll try to watch as much of this stream as I can. I love Sp00ky streams, but I hate watching MK9. I love playing it, but I get bored watching it.

Yeah same here. MK9 is lots of fun, but I don't think it's a very good spectator game.

Either that or Marvel has desensitized me to watching games that don't have a million things going on at once.

AAK

DasRaven said:
Right here, wouldn't have it any other way.
Feels just like the arcade, in much the same way I'd suspect the VLX owners prefer it to a TE.

So how do you do an X-ray? Do you use the middle finger on the block button and use your entire ring finger on the 3 and 4 buttons? Or did you manually set the L1 button to do the stance change use your middle finger for the block and thumb for the L1 button?

Lost Fragment said:
Yeah same here. MK9 is lots of fun, but I don't think it's a very good spectator game.

Either that or Marvel has desensitized me to watching games that don't have a million things going on at once.
I can't watch MvC3 well at all, I can see most moves but then it becomes a mess of magneto beams and sentinel flying fists, I love watching MK though as you really have to think and prepare mentally, at least it seems like that to me.

scoobs

its crazy that superman is fullscreen, and you can jump > superman and still hit anyone on the ground... which makes no sense

simtmb

Yer. Training mode is pretty bad. Thankfully i have someone that has been willing to act as 2nd player and let me go through some things.

Still, that's a pain.

Anyways, hyped to see some more JOP. Have only seen a single video of him playing Raiden so far, but it was fair boss. Personally though, I'd like to see PL take it.

ToyBroker

Banned
Damn, no Tom Brady playing? His Sub Zero is beast.

Pretty lame that you have to use the PDP sticks too.

Quick question for you huge fighting game tournament fans--how does Team Sp00ky seem to stream EVERYTHING?

ToyBroker

Banned
scoobs said:
its crazy that superman is fullscreen, and you can jump > superman and still hit anyone on the ground... which makes no sense

Raiden is my main.

You can also jump kick, hit them, and superman them in mid air.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
ToyBroker said:

Quick question for you huge fighting game tournament fans--how does Team Sp00ky seem to stream EVERYTHING?

Few people within the FGC are respected as much as Spooky is so if you're on the east coast and you're running a big tournament, you'll want Spooky to run your stream.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
ToyBroker said:

Because he is a man that is truly committed to his job. Just tell him when and where and he'll make it happen.

sleepykyo

Ronabo said:
So what character is gonna win this?

I'm betting on someone unexpected. Like Stryker or Sonya.

Would be funny if someone won using some kind of crazy frame advantage loop. eg. That Sonya frame trap that TB posted or Cryax bomb setups.

DasRaven

AAK said:
So how do you do an X-ray? Do you use the middle finger on the block button and use your entire ring finger on the 3 and 4 buttons? Or did you manually set the L1 button to do the stance change use your middle finger for the block and thumb for the L1 button?
1:index
2:ring
B:middle
3:thumb/index(situational)
4:ring

Xray:index3+middleB+ring4
Throw:index1+thumb3

h3ro

IT HAS BEGUN...

UKWDL.jpg

Top Bottom