• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat: National Tournament | Las Vegas, Nevada | May 14 - May 15, 2011

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kadey said:
Justin's been training hard in the lab for a while now with the game. And there is nobody that can dissect a fighter like he can. I expect him to perform well.

Realistically I think PerfectLegends has the best chance but I'm personally rooting for L.I Joe and any GAFFers whom are in it.
My thoughts exactly. I expect Wong to do amazingly well and PerfectLegend will probably win, but LI Joe has shown of some DAMN solid play and he's my pick.

Though Capcom Fighters being Wong's background may not translate very well into knowledge he can apply to MK9, but again I agree no one can dissect a fighter like him.

fernoca

Just a quick update to the OP saying that the stream's live. I'm not home, so any big updates if any will be added later.

sleepykyo

enzo_gt said:
My thoughts exactly. I expect Wong to do amazingly well and PerfectLegend will probably win, but LI Joe has shown of some DAMN solid play and he's my pick.

Though Capcom Fighters being Wong's background may not translate very well into knowledge he can apply to MK9, but again I agree no one can dissect a fighter like him.

He had some trouble with DOA. So it is conceivable it gets caught off by some overheads.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Was that dude talking about Jade having a bunch of high/low mixups? lawl. Her only overhead is slow as shit and unsafe on block.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
sleepykyo said:
He had some trouble with DOA. So it is conceivable it gets caught off by some overheads.
Seeing MK now on the stream, looks like Justin Wong's execution is still top notch though, that last match was freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Big Marcus on? Hype.

Arozay

Anyone had issues with Justin.tv emails? Disabled them ages ago and can't turn them on again even though all the right stuff is ticked (when someone goes live + channels)

sleepykyo

Lost Fragment said:
Was that dude talking about Jade having a bunch of high/low mixups? lawl. Her only overhead is slow as shit and unsafe on block.

d,b + 2 is unsafe on block? Why would they do that?

Seeing good Cyraxes makes me mad.

Because Cyblax can't do Cyber Cyrax's good stuff.

I hope a patch makes them identical, like they were probably intended to be.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Judderman said:
Oh damn that was a sick combo from LI Joe.
LI Joe also plays a sick Cyrax and a decent K. Lao. Commentators are right, dude is well versed in his MK knowledge.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why is an official tournament using a pre-patched version?

And are there THAT few people there, from the looks of the crowd behind them?

enzo_gt said:
Why is an official tournament using a pre-patched version?
The issue with 360 where you need online for the game to be up to date?

Or do they just mean that there will in the future be a patch to fix known issues?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Slamtastic said:
The issue with 360 where you need online for the game to be up to date?

Or do they just mean that there will in the future be a patch to fix known issues?
I'm pretty sure a patch is out that fixes some broken stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong I thought they implied that.

But I mean if your running a tourney of this scale with a prize this large, you couldn't take a minute before the tourney begins to connect your 360 to live to update it?

Is there an entrance fee?

enzo_gt said:
I'm pretty sure a patch is out that fixes some broken stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong I thought they implied that.

But I mean if your running a tourney of this scale with a prize this large, you couldn't take a minute before the tourney begins to connect your 360 to live to update it?

Registration fee for tourney was $30.

iirc 360 need to simultaneously stay online while you play to have stealth patches.

Wallach

enzo_gt said:

I believe there's only been a day 1 patch for MK9 which I'm pretty sure they're playing on.

enzo_gt said:
But if they disconnect it afterwards, it reverts.

That's the glitch.

It's a problem with the hooks in the game that allow them to change without a full patch.

Hex

Banned
Chamber said:
Made me happy. I gotta think Sub-Zero is meant to do more than sit behind ice clones.

He definitely is, but you use ALL of his tools.
Not using ice is playing one handed.

Raxus

Chamber said:
Made me happy. I gotta think Sub-Zero is meant to do more than sit behind ice clones.
No, you don't understand. Most of sub zero's combos revolve around using ice blast. The only time he landed a combo he never ice blasted.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow, needing to stay online to keep the patch applied is incredibly stupid. I know you can deliver live tweaks to your game in various games but if they don't save to your system, that's a broken system in itself. :/

enzo_gt said:
Wow, needing to stay online to keep the patch applied is incredibly stupid. I know you can deliver live tweaks to your game in various games but if they don't save to your system, that's a broken system in itself. :/
I know. They know. There will be full patch to fix it. Among the other large issues noted since release.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Raxus said:
No, you don't understand. Most of sub zero's combos revolve around using ice blast. The only time he landed a combo he never ice blasted.
Oh yeah. The commentary was talking about the non-use of ice clones which threw me off.

djkimothy said:
It wastes time.
Yeah but some of these guys are just letting the time run out which wastes more time.

Top Bottom