• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most clueless you've ever been to sexual/romantic advances?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty straightforward.

This is probably a bad example, but it's all I can think of: there was this girl in high school I was talking to. After we met at a school dance, we'd kept talking on and off. She told me about how she dated this really ugly guy after he asked her out at a party, she agreed and an hour later she broke up with him.

I just said "Oh, all right," and she kept saying "yeah, I even agreed to date him," then she'd just stare at me for a few moments. I figured she was just reiterating how low her standards were, I guess? I could never quite tell if that meant I should ask her out, but I never did. She also told me how she had been pregnant, and lost the baby in its early stages on e roller-coaster ride... that one still baffles me.

Anyway, proceed

Batman

Banned
Girl asked me if I wanted her to come over to help clean my house because I told her I was doing a big cleaning, I just told her " Ah it's okay I can do it myself. " I didn't realize that she wanted sex until after I stopped talking to her.

Hootie

She also told me how she had been pregnant, and lost the baby in its early stages on e roller-coaster ride

DvdBf.gif

Dabanton

Girl asked me if I wanted her to come over to help clean my house because I told her I was doing a big cleaning, I just told her " Ah it's okay I can do it myself. " I didn't realize that she wanted sex until after I stopped talking to her.

How attractive was she?

Girls in junior high kept grabbing my glasses and running off because they wanted to look at my "nude" face during class.
I thought I was getting bullied :/

Wiktor

Couple years ago I was working during summer in Scotland and one of the girls I've worked with asked If I wanted to go grab a beer during the weekend and for some bizzare reason I assumed she meant go out with her whole friend group so I declined :D Sometimes the brain just stops working I guess

Sober

Pretty much most of my high school career, was just completely oblivious and thought girls were just trying to talk to me for the same of being annoying.

I want a time machine to go back and beat myself up.

Batman

Banned
How attractive was she?

I was in 11th grade, she was really hot but it just passed by me. Another time in 11th grade another girl asked me if I wanted to come over her house to work on a project with some other people, I said " Let me see if I can " and she mumbled " Come on, you have to pimp it out ", I just ignored that because I was distracted by something else in the class but now I realize how much of a dumbass I am.

BSsBrolly

Banned
When I was 18 I was working a swing shift job in a mostly empty building. I had a 29 year old female coworker and one day she ask me to walk with her. We end up in a completely deserted area of the building, she points to a room and says "I think this is where people have sex at work." Then she waits for me to go into the room with her.

I didn't... I was a scared virgin. Wasn't confident enough that she was coming on to me. It's ok though, she wasn't all that attractive.

She invites me up at 12 o'clock at night for coffee, and I don't go up. "No thank you. I don't want coffee, it keeps me up. It's too late for me to drink coffee." I said this to her. People this stupid shouldn't be allowed to live.

For serious: I don't know. I've never noticed. So either all the time or I just don't get any.

A girl in my Mathematical Models of Biology class asked me to help her study for the upcoming mid term.

I was getting a C at the time. But figured whatever, at it'll be good for me to cover the material anyways.

Show up to her dorm suite. She asks me if I want to come in. I say no, I'm good, let's study out here in the lounge.

Went over the material, prepped for the exam, never saw her in class again.

Looking back, she was dressed up, drenched in perfume, no roommates around. She def. wanted to fuck.

-----

At the gym on a Friday night in the summer. Barely anyone around.

Working out by the dumbbell rack doing shoulder presses. Smoking hot college-aged blonde in tight black yoga pants and top comes up to me and starts asking me about some workout.

"Oh the trainer was showing me this workout the other day with the dumbbell. I don't know what it's called. Can you show me how do it?"

"Oh yeah, that's a front shoulder raise, it works out your delt. Like this."

Proceed to demonstrate myself and say have a good workout and continue with my workout.

Only when I was driving home did I realize she wanted to fuck.

-----

That same night as I was driving home from the gym, I pull up to a left turn signal behind a convertible with the top down and I can see that there are three high school aged girls in there.

I'm just minding my own business and one of them turns around and starts waving at me. Then they all turn and start giggling and waving.

As we make the turn, they try to flag me down into a parking lot.

But I'm sweaty as fuck and just give them a smile, a wave, and drive home to shower.

-----

I'm really completely oblivious to these things....

bcl0328

i've had a couple.

once at my university. this girl in my group always said hello to me and even sat on my desk when we had group meetings. i was so oblivious to it. once i realized it i tried to say hi but she just ignored me.

another at my community college. a girl i really liked shared 2 classes with me. in one of the classes she came up to me during a break and asked me how i did on a test in the other class. i said 'fine' and that was all she wrote. i didn't think anything of it or why she would even care about my grade.

again in high school this girl would stare at me from across the class room. we locked eyes all the time. she had a huge bf that would surely beat my ass if we did anything. she was so hot.

another instance where a girl wanted to ride in my car with me. i had no clue why so we did and just talked the whole time. it never occurred to me that she liked me. i found out a while later.

there are more i just can't think of now...

Darklord

Banned
A girl asked me out and to have drinks with her on a Saturday night as she was from out of town. I agreed and we met a meeting place at a nice bar I picked. She showed up in a tight dress and looking pretty damn hot, kissed me on the cheek and we got talking. After a while she mentioned her hotel was close by and then proceeded to tell me the three things she loves is going out at night in the city, drinking, and sex. My reply to this was "Cool, I love going out too". We then went to a cocktail bar where she sat next to me, flicked her hair back showing her neck to me, her bare legs(short skirt) nearly touching mine, and offering me sips of her drink. At one point we're talking about something and I go "I can be very good at getting what I want" and she replies "Oooh, I can tell". At that moment I decide rather than kiss her or put my arm around her, I tell her I have to go to the toilet. At that point I think she realized I was clueless. I was completely oblivious to everything and I don't even know why. Nerves? It was one of my first dates ever and a definite lesson learned. Still, she was by far the hottest girl to ever hit on me.

NinjaBoiX

She invites me up at 12 o'clock at night for coffee, and I don't go up. "No thank you. I don't want coffee, it keeps me up. It's too late for me to drink coffee." I said this to her. People this stupid shouldn't be allowed to live.
Yeah, it's implied, "you'll be here for coffee in the morning right?" *wink wink*

I don't really have any. If a girl is into me, I sure as shit recognise it. You gotta grab those chances!

Too many to count in High School, where I wasn't very interested in women/men. I didn't have sex until I was 18, and that was sudden.

I swear some people find that obliviousness attractive. It is like some kind of forbidden apple effect.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I've had several girls from high-school say years later "you know I had the biggest crush on you back in school" which I have no idea how to respond to.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm so glad someone posted this.

TIPPY TOE!

maomaoIYP

Some years ago the research assistant in my research lab suddenly started massaging my shoulders as I worked on the computer. I didn't think much about it and then she suddenly she said: "Hey, when is your birthday?".

I was a little weirded out so I replied: "How come you don't ask for T (another dude in the lab) for his birthday?"

She replied: "Because he's not.....interesting, unlike you."

I told her I wasn't going to tell her and ran away.

FairyD

Five years ago I was on a date with a girl. This was the third date I have ever been on so I was a bit nervous. We were meeting at a bar and i had got there early. I was pounding back drinks to calm down and to loosen up. We met up and had dinner and drinks. She didn't have a mustache so it was already the best date I've been on. The conversation and laughs was flowing smoothly all through the night. As we were leaving she mentions how she lives 5 minutes away and I mentioned how I had to take the subway. She offered to walk me to the subway and we ended up doing just that.

We got to the subway and I pulled on the door to the entrance to the place it was locked. Boom. A transit strike just occurred and I couldn't use the TTC. She asks me what I'm going to do and I mention how I'll have to take a cab or walk home. She says to me, "Why don't you sleep over at my place. you can sleep in my bed". I reply, "No, no its ok, I'll take a cab home". I then proceed to hail a cab and hop in. On my way home she calls me twice asking me if alright and if I still want to come over to her place.

I face palm myself everytime I think of that date.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Five years ago I was on a date with a girl. This was the third date I have ever been on so I was a bit nervous. We were meeting at a bar and i had got there early. I was pounding back drinks to calm down and to loosen up. We met up and had dinner and drinks. She didn't have a mustache so it was already the best date I've been on. The conversation and laughs was flowing smoothly all through the night. As we were leaving she mentions how she lives 5 minutes away and I mentioned how I had to take the subway. She offered to walk me to the subway and we ended up doing just that.

We got to the subway and I pulled on the door to the entrance to the place it was locked. Boom. A transit strike just occurred and I couldn't use the TTC. She asks me what I'm going to do and I mention how I'll have to take a cab or walk home. She says to me, "Why don't you sleep over at my place. you can sleep in my bed". I reply, "No, no its ok, I'll take a cab home". I then proceed to hail a cab and hop in. On my way home she calls me twice asking me if alright and if I still want to come over to her place.

"HAVE SEX WITH ME. HAVE SEX WITH ME! HURRY UP! PUT YOUR PENIS IN! RIGHT HERE!"

"What do you mean?"

ElFly

Jesus Christ.

LOL

Even my younger self wasn't that clueless.

Diablos

>:|

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Godfuckingdamn dude

Az987

all good things
I was at the grocery store a month or two back and there were 2 young women at the checkout, one bagging, one working the register.

The cashier asked if I had a members card and I said yes, can you put in my phone number.

I gave her my phone number and the one bagging said "I bet you get A LOT of phone calls." with a smile and I got confused for a second. The cashier chuckled and I gave a little smile.

I was pretty sure she was hitting on me but then I started to wonder if she was just saying I had an easy to remember phone number or what. Either way, I had no idea how to reply to it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

no way. come on no way.

Ezalc

Girl basically said, you know I liked you since I was in 4th grade and even while I was with my boyfriend that you met once. I didn't do anything. Hell I'm so oblivious I didn't even know a middle aged gay man was hitting on me until he tried to kiss me. I politely declined, lol.

Thorpe

Damn! Hopefully you have a better sense now.

pradator

Neo Member
at one of the first house parties i ever went to when i was 15 i had been kissing a guy and he kept asking if i wanted to 'go upstairs with him'. i guess the young age is a good excuse but it wasnt till a while later i realised.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Some years ago the research assistant in my research lab suddenly started massaging my shoulders as I worked on the computer. I didn't think much about it and then she suddenly she said: "Hey, when is your birthday?".

I was a little weirded out so I replied: "How come you don't ask for T (another dude in the lab) for his birthday?"

She replied: "Because he's not.....interesting, unlike you."

I told her I wasn't going to tell her and ran away.

You mean you literally ran away from her?

At college there was this girl who was talking to me and my friend. I zoned out at the time because I didn't think she had come over to speak to me personally and she knew my friend through a friend. Without even thinking why she asked for my phone which I handed over. She put her number into it and smiling passed it back asking me to get in touch. My friend told me to follow that shit up, I thought it was a joke and didn't.

I couldn't fathom why someone that attractive would want to do that to me. I had just come out of high school and I didn't have the best experiences and my natural reaction to anyone doing something to get to know me was that it was a trick or a jape. I blame my awkward teen years for not taking this one girl seriously. It has taken me a long time to understand that people actually want to talk to me.

Another time was at halloween at uni I went as a fairly spectacular Ghostbuster and out of nowhere this girl came up and started propositioning me with ghostbuster puns. At the time I just laughed them off and hurriedly tried to find my friends who had made themselves scarce. She was a bit taller than me and looked to be a few years older and I felt fairly intimidated at the time but looking back she was coming on to me.

In high school, we went on a trip to Carowinds. It was the summer, so part of that was the water park. On the way back, I was sitting next to a girl in a bikini on the bus. She was really hot, so I really wish I wasn't so naive, but she says, "You know what they say about guys with big feet?" (I've worn size 13 since 8th grade) and I am like, "No." and then she takes my hand, grabs my index finger and puts it in her belly button and goes, "You know what they say about girls with deep belly buttons?" and I, again, am like, "No."

So dumb, I was.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Dude...

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ive only ever been on 2 dates with the same girl, and im still a /v/, so im afraid even if some day a girl did invite me up to her place i would freak out and decline because of pure terror. Reaching your thirties in that situation is hell on earth

Story of my life. I was oblivious and insecure for a long time.

Not an oblivious story because i knew what was going on, but The worst was when I was 17 or 18. I was on a canoeing trip and one of my cousins brought a bunch of female friends. The last night of the trip after the parents were asleep, we somehow acquired alcohol. the girls got drunk (I was lame, refused to drink at the time) one of the girls pulled me aside and asked me to make out. I had never heard a female be so blunt or aggressive before. I make up an excuse about feeling sick and quickly shuffled away. A few hours later we were back in a cabin, same girl asked me to jump in her bed to cuddle. Mentally, I rationalized that it be wrong to do anything since she was drunk but in reality I was just scared.

Honestly, I was still a child at that age and wouldn't have been ready (i would have been dumb enough to bang with no protection).

LMAO

mr2xxx

Banned
I was wearing a shirt that said "can't get no satisfaction" and went to the movie theater with some of my friends. A cute girl at the ticket booth looked at me and the shirt and said, "I can help you with that". I gave her a puzzled look and said what, she pointed at the shirt and smiled. I said thanks, smiled and got my ticket and moved on. I don't think what she said hit me till a few minutes and I kicked myself for not acting on the opportunity.

Girl cutting my hair, real cute kept asking very detailed questions about me, especially if I'm single and so on. She told me all about herself and such and at the time for some reason I was just totally going along with the conversation. Didn't realize till later that she was obviously hitting on me. She was so interested in everything I said, wanted to know more and kept relating. Her going into me being single and such should have set up a flag in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom