• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most clueless you've ever been to sexual/romantic advances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilgrimzero

Oh almost forgot an important one, one I learned a life lesson from:

A girl who looked like a younger Cameron Diaz has me over to her place. She ends up on my lap making out with me.

Me in my infinite wisdom decide to crack some kind of joke or something (I was trying to make her laugh). She says something like "You're weird". Apparently ruining the mood. She gets off me things are awkward and well nothing ever came of it. I realized it was "over" when I went to her place during a snow storm (as her place was closer than mine) to avoid any trouble in the snow. Well she's OK with me staying there for the night though soon another guy shows up and they go make out in the kitchen.

This bothered me so I figured dying in a snow storm would be better than staying there. I made it home after driving 10 miles an hour on the highway with zero visibility.

The lesson I learned: When kissing someone, shut the fuck up and just kiss.

Chucker

Junior year of HS(98) this girl I really liked started sitting next to me more often, making time to hang etc. I was(am) a nerd and she was one of the most popular girls, so I shrug it off to being a neighborhood friend. She keeps coming over when her younger brother would hang with my younger brother, laying on my bed etc.

Tragedy strikes and she passes away after a car accident, one of her friends tells me it's a shame I never made a move. I'm GUTTED. Learned real quick to not mince words or hesitate when discussing feelings though.

Edit: That's a super downer, let me also give another less tragic tale.
It's the construction company's Christmas party, I call an ex, she says she'd love to go but can't, try this other girl.
Other girl's BF was in college and I had knowledge that dude was cheating. I don't pull any moves though. I ask her, she says yeah, two days later one of my friends tells her about her BF. I shown up looking nice, but she's wearing thigh highs a mini skirt and low cut top. We have a nice time and she asks to come back to my place (I don't know she knows dude was cheating at this point.) I say sure. She gets on my bed and her skirt hikes up, I casually tell her that her ass is hanging out and she said "I know".
I leave it at that. She leaves and I figure it out the next day. She shows up at my part time job with lunch for us and we talk. End up smashing on the next date. Been married for 5 years now.

Reading this thread has made me realize that I think I fucked up with this girl a while ago.

We were both in 8th grade at the time and both attending a small Christian school where the entire grade was only 30 people, so for the most part everyone was friends with each other. I had a huge crush on this girl starting from around 6th grade, but she was "dating" my best friend at the time (dating as in texting and never going out or anything) and I thought I had no chance.

I remember she texted me one night (don't remember how she got my number) but unfortunately I was at a soccer game, and did not see the text until later that night. I figured at that point it was too late and was kicking myself about it. The next day however she approached me asking why I never texted her back, which gave me the impression that she was actually interested in talking to me, which we never did much of before. I texted her later that night and we ended up texting each other until like 1 that morning. I was so excited about it that I would find excuses to text her pretty much every day. It got to the point where every day after school we would text or IM each other for hours on end. Eventually she started reaching out to me first, so it wasn't like a completely one sided thing here. This went on around every day for about two and a half months.

We got to know each other pretty damn well, and talked about some pretty serious stuff sometimes. She straight up asked me if she should break up with her boyfriend, as they were having a rough time during the last month or so, to which I replied saying how it should be her choice to do so, as I did not want to do that to my best friend, no matter how much I wanted it to happen. We began to hang out in real life when we were together as well, probably more than her and her boyfriend ever did. We had a great tike with each other by playing soccer, listening to music together, etc. Sounds pretty awesome right? Well here is why I never considered this scenario of her being really interested in me.

Right when school ended that year, she never texted me again. We would see each other sometimes and it was never the same as it was before. We rarely talked and it was like we barely knew each other. Keep in mind this entire time she was still dating my best friend, and this would go on for two more agonizing years. Watching them was like torture, as I would become a third wheel to them. I was forced to watch them have their first kiss, which really hit deep.

I began to think she was just using me to make her boyfriend jealous, that or she friend zoned me. I realized that when we texted she was one of those people who would text stuff like "Lol ok" and stuff similar to that to most of the stuff I would say. I also considered the scenario that she no longer wanted to be friends, as once we stopped talking to each other I got pretty fucking depressed and let myself go image wise. I got pretty damn ugly if I may say so myself, and I thought she might have dropped me after she noticed this.

This is where I need your help GAF, was she using me or was she legitimatly interested in me and was just waiting for me to make a move? I still see her sometimes as we are both seniors in high school, although we are associated with much different crowds of people. As recently as last Saturday I saw her as we were watching the NFL games at a sports bar with multiple families there, and a girl I go to school with (my current crush btw) invited her and another of her friends to watch. Afterwards the four of us ending up going to Chili's for their cookie platter and it was pretty damn awkward, as if I needed making a situation where it was me and three hot girls clearly out of my league any more awkward. I realized later that if/when I get a chance alone with her, I would try and get some closure on the situation. I highly, highly doubt she is interested in me anymore,I think she is dating someone anyway, but I need to know. I don't even really like her that much anymore but I need that closure.

tl;dr... was she interested and I should have made a move, or was she using me? I'll sleep better by continually telling myself that it would have been wrong to do that to my friend I guess. :/

U2NUMB

Ugh this one always gets me when I think about it... was 20.. just moved to Dallas and worked at Borders book store. Couple of hot girls worked there and I was in music.. one of them was that sexy music maybe former goth look but no longer type gal. We sort of hit it off and talked often and I guess looking back she was flirty but hell if I really picked up on it.

So one day I was going to go into the back room to look up some CDs (Physical round discs that stored music.. for you young kids) to restock some areas and she said "Hey I have the other key I will help you".. so we only had 2 keys to this room and that means we would have both of them in there.

When back there.. we had some playful talk and at some point I mentioned "I wonder if anyone has every fucked back here and got away with it?"... and she looked at me and said, only one way to find out.... I just sort of laughed it off.... did not make a move.. and after a few minutes just left.

Oh and her boyfriend was working the front of the store at the time.. I mean.. I had a chance to really make it a good story and blew it. YEARS later we talked on the phone (I now lived back in Minneapolis) and I came right out and asked her and she said she was of course ready to go right then and there.... damn it

Valus

Would like to see the reverse of this thread: where GAF's advances fell on deaf ears. I don't have a story so I don't want to start.

In the 5th grade, I had a crush on this Vietnamese girl. I really wanted to tell her but was of course super nervous, so I came up with a foolproof plan. While we were waiting in line to go back into class, I told her that I knew who liked her in our class. She got super excited and asked who, but I said she had to first tell me who she liked before I would spill the beans. So she admitted to crushing on this dude, Johnny. I don't know what I was expecting...her to admit that it was me she secretly crushed on? I dunno'. But I soldiered on and told her that the person who had a crush on her was me. Her exact response was "Are you gay???" and never spoke with me again. I questioned my sexuallity for years and became so self-conscious that I didn't really talk to girls again until highschool.

For something more recent, and on topic...I was at the grocery store the other day, and there was this super cute girl. We were both about the enter a checkout lane but she noticed that I had a lot fewer things than her and she let me get in front of her with a smile. The lady in front of us took for-freaken-ever to finish up, giving me a ton of time to chat with her. But I didn't...I'd kinda glance back at her every now and then and exchanged smiles. After I finished checking out, I forgot my receipt and the cashier called out to hand it to me. She took it from his hand and handed it to me with another smile. I said "Thanks, Happy Holidays." She responded in kind and I left.

Could've been nothing, could've been somethin'. Don't know why I didn't strike up a conversation. Oh well.

Oh! I've got one. So when I was like 19, my cousin went back to school after Christmas break and mentioned to me that some of her friends went through her holiday photos and were asking about me. A month or so later I go down to the campus to party with my cousin and we're just hanging out in a dorm when the two aforementioned friends show up. They introduced themselves as "Number 1 and number 2" and said "that's all you need to know." Needless to say, I turned bright red, excused myself to use the washroom and ran away and never saw them again. I hid and sulked in the hallways. I still don't know their names to this day and the opportunity to lose my virginity wouldn't present itself for another four years. I guess I was "clueless" in the sense that I had no idea what to do and panicked. :/

jasonng

Oh! I've got one. So when I was like 19, my cousin went back to school after Christmas break and mentioned to me that some of her friends went through her holiday photos and were asking about me. A month or so later I go down to the campus to party with my cousin and we're just hanging out in a dorm when the two aforementioned friends show up. They introduced themselves as "Number 1 and number 2" and said "that's all you need to know." Needless to say, I turned bright red, excused myself to use the washroom and ran away and never saw them again. I hid and sulked in the hallways. I still don't know their names to this day and the opportunity to lose my virginity wouldn't present itself for another four years. I guess I was "clueless" in the sense that I had no idea what to do and panicked. :/

I don't get it. What made you embarrassed?

tl;dr... was she interested and I should have made a move, or was she using me? I'll sleep better by continually telling myself that it would have been wrong to do that to my friend I guess. :/

It doesn't matter. You don't go after your friend's girl. Ever.

GutsOfThor

I can't remember exactly old I was but I know I was in my mid 20's when this happened.

I was at Jiffy Lube getting my oil changed and the cashier was this cute blonde. Anyways, I pay what I owe and when she's giving me back my change, she grabs my hand and puts the change in it and then closes it then looks me in the eyes and says "Have a good day".

I say "Thanks, you too", get in my car and drive off.

So one day I was going to go into the back room to look up some CDs (Physical round discs that stored music.. for you young kids)

Are you referring to these?
Three-vinyl-records-one-b-001.jpg

jdouglas

Her friend comes up to me and says "Hey jdouglas, [girl] is pretty lonely, why don't you give her some company?" and I was just thinking in my head "What? She's surrounded by friends, how can she be lonely?"

Then there are situations where you're alone with someone, and you have to play this weird verbal game to allude to sex. You're alone with them, why can't you just say "I want to have sex with you".

Sch1sm

Her friend comes up to me and says "Hey jdouglas, [girl] is pretty lonely, why don't you give her some company?" and I was just thinking in my head "What? She's surrounded by friends, how can she be lonely?"

Then there are situations where you're alone with someone, and you have to play this weird verbal game to allude to sex. You're alone with them, why can't you just say "I want to have sex with you".

I think that last part goes all ways. And it's commonly avoided and leads to a lot of the situations here. Crazy.

Zubz

Banned
I'm curious what the prior discussion and lead up to these dates was. Also, how did you figure out they were dates?

I was already friends with the other person, but eventually she suggested doing things like going to the movies or mini-golf. I knew they were typical dates, but I didn't think anything of it. I didn't realize any of this until she called me her boyfriend.

marrec

Banned
Got a text from my SO yesterday that read:

"I saw a mord sith pic on imgur, now I'm having a problem only you can solve"

I just assumed there was a Sword of Truth lore question she wanted me to answer, which I thought odd since I told her I didn't much like the series but I shrugged and accepted it.

Only later did I realize it was a nerdy come on.

bengraven

I also learned once that my sister, who is just a couple years younger than me, had a lot of female friends, some of them my age, who had powerful crushes on me and would come over just to see me. I had no clue - I would just sit there playing Street Fighter and it all slid by.

I learned this later when I asked her why a certain female friend would never give me the time of the day. "You never talked to her. She was practically in love with you. You were all she ever talked about. Too late now, she got married at 19".

This girl was one of my biggest crushes before I met my wife - literally everything I would want in a girl and in my opinion almost painfully beautiful. I would try and avert my eyes because I didn't want her to see me staring. I just thought she was WAY too good for me. Apparently I fucked up bad.

I later asked her why she didn't help and she said for three reasons: #1 - "ew gross, I'm not helping my brother get laid, #2 - "when they break up with you, they might not be friends with me, and #3 - "it's not MY job, that's YOUR job...step the fuck up".

"hey RockTurtle, they have this wine tasting event at the student center. It'd be awesome to check it out. I've always wanted to try it, but never had anybody to go with in case i got too drunk from being a newbie"

OH MAN YOU SHOULD TOTALLY TAKE *other friend*! SHE TOTALLY LOVES THOSE THINGS. I'M GOING TO TO GO RIDE MY BIKE AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD, BEEN FEELING LIKE DOING SOME CARDIO.

she's a doctor now in another state....

Log4Girlz

I also learned once that my sister, who is just a couple years younger than me, had a lot of female friends, some of them my age, who had powerful crushes on me and would come over just to see me. I had no clue - I would just sit there playing Street Fighter and it all slid by.

I learned this later when I asked her why a certain female friend would never give me the time of the day. "You never talked to her. She was practically in love with you. You were all she ever talked about. Too late now, she got married at 19".

This girl was one of my biggest crushes before I met my wife - literally everything I would want in a girl and in my opinion almost painfully beautiful. I would try and avert my eyes because I didn't want her to see me staring. I just thought she was WAY too good for me. Apparently I fucked up bad.

I later asked her why she didn't help and she said for three reasons: #1 - "ew gross, I'm not helping my brother get laid, #2 - "when they break up with you, they might not be friends with me, and #3 - "it's not MY job, that's YOUR job...step the fuck up".

I don't give a shit, your sister is fucked up.

Unai

I love this thread. I've being reading it for the past week or so, and I finally caught up.

I want to share a little story of mine. It's not exactly what OP is asking, but bear with me.

I was studying English at an English school (I live in South America) and this girl, let's call her "L" worked there. She seemed very nice, always smiling everytime I saw her. One day she added me on Orkut. I talked with her a couple of times through MSN and decided to ask her out, and she said: "Sure, why not?". Shy as I am, I was pretty happy this was much easier than expected. We were going to get some ice cream or something. She described to me where she lived so I could take her on saturday.

Finally saturday night. I decided to go some minutes earlier so I could find her house, but the thing is, I didn't! Holy crap. This awesome girl wanted to go out with me and I couldn't find her house. I tried to call her, but she wasn't answering. I went to some houses there and asked "Does L live here?", but nope, no luck. Half an hour later I gave up, and I was devasted.

A couple of days latter I talked to her on the phone and apologized. She said it was no problem because she had a cold anyway.

I don't remember exactly what happend right after that. I think i tried to set another date but she said she was busy. Oh well, time to move on. We still talked from time to time.

Fast forward a couple of years latter and I decided to ask her out againg. I live in a small city, and we worked less than a mile from each other. I decided to walk around the street that she gets to go home after work to try to find her (a little creepy, I now realize that). I'm not sure how it happend, but I finally got another date, and this time I knew where she lived!

So we went on a date. The talk was very good. She always looked at me and smiled. Not much latter, she asked if we could call it a night. In the way to her home, she said that they were going to watch a movie or something in the next day, and that she would call me so I should go. I thought "awsome!", but... she never called.

I got very, very frustrated. I didn't now what the hell was going on. The date was good. We could talk a lot and not get bored (I'm an expert about realize when people are bored with me). I really thought she liked me. I tried to set another date latter on, but she said she was busy. And busy later on. And busy againg. So, time to move on again, I guess? I did that.

I remember that we used to send SMS messages, sometimes kind of flerty, but very, very light. I still remember that once she wrote something like: "If happiness comes like drops of rain, I wish you a rainstorm".

All this time I never see a picture of her with anyone on facebook or orkut. She also never changed her relationship status to "In a relationship".

Fast forward an year or so again, maybe two? I don't really know anymore. I saw her on the street and oh my god, she looked prettier than ever. It was near christmas. I thought what the hell, what do I have to loose?, and send her an SMS saying: "I don't know if you know, but I like you. I mean, I really, really like you". It was the first time that I was really direct about my fellings. She didn't answer. I send her a christmas message and that, she anwser. She also spoken to me on facebook, telling me that a friend of her wanted a kitten, and my cat had just given bith. Well, I sended her a couple more messages about my fellings after that, and againg, she didn't say anything. She responded my new years message, though, so I knew the problem was not that she wasn't seeing her messages or a broken phone or something.

It became pretty clear to me that she didn't want anything to do with me. So, somehow I thought it was a good idea to tell her everything, about how liked her for so long, about how I felt when I didn't made to her home on our first date, everything. It was huge. Like a big love email. She didn't said a thing!

So, me being stupid, I went full "pls respond" on her. Now I ashamed about how I dealt with it. Almost a month worth of "pls respond" latter she said: "Well, let's just be friends". I responded something like: "Oh, ok than :D". Now I was sure that was really time to move on.

A month latter, her mother died from cancer. I knew her mother was sick, but I didn't know it was so serious, let alone it was a freaking cancer. Mind you, in my country we live with out parents until we get married, so she still lived with her mother, and they probably were very close. So, I was pressing her with meaningless stuff exactly at what probably was the most difficult time of her life. I fell so bad every single time I think about it.

As of now, I still send her a "Merry Christmas" message or something like that, but we never really talked anymore. I don't really think about her anymore, but up to this date I still think that she's the one that got away.

Edit: It feels good to finally tell this story to someone. I've never spoken to anyone about it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

I hope you punched your sister once you found out.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I was already friends with the other person, but eventually she suggested doing things like going to the movies or mini-golf. I knew they were typical dates, but I didn't think anything of it. I didn't realize any of this until she called me her boyfriend.
I assume that you hadn't kissed though, so she was calling you her boyfriend before that had happened?

Lkr

Unfortunately this happened rather recently. I went home for Christmas from school, and one of my friends invited me and another friend over to drink for a bit(he was 20), so I get some shit and go over. My other friend was asking if it was ok if the girl he was seeing and her friend came too.
So they get there, and I had hung out with the two of them before. I'm drinking and sitting on a nice comfy chair and the girls are sitting on the couch. So the friend goes to the bathroom, comes back, and just declares out loud, "I'm gonna sit on Lkr's lap". Sure enough she comes over and does a lot of flirting and continuously pushes her head into my chest. Me being a complete idiot, I kinda just sit there and don't do anything. When they left, my friend spent the rest of the night laughing at me.

Fortunately the story has a happy ending and we hooked up a couple weeks later, but still, this was quite a sad experience

Sch1sm

Fortunately the story has a happy ending and we hooked up a couple weeks later, but still, this was quite a sad experience

This is the only part that matters. At least it was rectified. Imagine having life long regrets like some other people.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Well, here's twist. I may be having one of these situations in real time.

There's this woman at one of my two jobs. She's absolutely gorgeous. Easily the hottest girl at the company. I've known her for several years now and we always chat for a bit whenever we see each other. But we don't work in the same department (she's actually part of management, though I don't report to her for anything), and so we only talk like once a day when we do see each other. Normally, when we spoke we would bump into each other in the kitchen, but I've actually been making an effort to actually go speak to her where she works (on the top floor of our building) the past couple of times I showed up to work.

The past few conversations and especially the one we had today felt way different than ones we've had in the past. She seemed way more interested in what I had to say, was more observant, asked more questions and we spoke longer than normally did.

So she asks me how my classes are going and I tell her good and she said that she needs to remind herself to call me so that I can help her apply at my university. She then asks me for my number and said she'd text me at some point so we can further discuss this. Also, during our conversation, she knew exactly how old I was. I thought that was a little surprising. Wonder if she's been checking out my Facebook?

Thoughts?

Gray Matter

Well, here's twist. I may be having one of these situations in real time.

There's this woman at one of my two jobs. She's absolutely gorgeous. Easily the hottest girl at the company. I've known her for several years now and we always chat for a bit whenever we see each other. But we don't work in the same department (she's actually part of management, though I don't report to her for anything), and so we only talk like once a day when we do see each other. Normally, when we spoke we would bump into each other in the kitchen, but I've actually been making an effort to actually go speak to her where she works (on the top floor of our building) the past couple of times I showed up to work.

The past few conversations and especially the one we had today felt way different than ones we've had in the past. She seemed way more interested in what I had to say, was more observant, asked more questions and we spoke longer than normally did.

So she asks me how my classes are going and I tell her good and she said that she needs to remind herself to call me so that I can help her apply at my university. She then asks me for my number and said she'd text me at some point so we can further discuss this. Also, during our conversation, she knew exactly how old I was. I thought that was a little surprising. Wonder if she's been checking out my Facebook?

Thoughts?

I don't see any advances towards you on her part from what is described here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom