• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most popular game on Gamespot = ... Bully (AKA: Controversy sells)

http://www.gamespot.com/

I know it's a result of the click throughs and that there's an article about it, but you gotta wonder.

Controversy just seems to permeate Rockstar.

GTA
Manhunt
Bully
The Warriors (hasn't yet, but give it time, it was quite controversial back in the 70's ;) )

I know they're having some short term losses that are nothing to sneeze at ($40M according to reports), but does anyone get the impression that it could keep their "mystique" alive for their upcoming releases?

They should just put warning labels on all their games "Warning: This is a game the government doesn't want you to play. We make games that will corrupt innocent minds." :lol

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Of the games listed I don't know why The Warriors would be that controversial today...

TheDuce22

Banned
I dont know about where Rockstar will be but I think 10 years from now people will look back on GTA much like they do the original Mortal Kombat. Popular games that rely heavily on shock value and are subpar in just about every category. Nintendo games stand the test of time.

ram

say what you want, but rockstars games (nowadays) are intresting and more than our 08/15 first person shooter.

pj

Banned
Why do people care about this game? The concept is stupid and it is ugly as sin. Rockstar should have put the resources from this colossal time waste into a game people will actually play instead of just debate over; THE NEXT GEN GTA

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
ram said:
say what you want, but rockstars games (nowadays) are intresting and more than our 08/15 first person shooter.

^^^I was waiting for someone to mention that.

wait...what's he saying?

Link1110

I'm surprised no one has gone after Fear and Respect yet. I saw a preview of that game with a 13 year old was holding a gun. that game is a worse example to kids than, I'd venture to say, anything else on the market.

Mashing

He's saying that Gamespots top 10 list is generated bases on page views. For instance if a game such as Barbie's Bimbos had as many news stories as the hot coffee/bully shit then it would be #1 as well. Or atleast make the list.

It can be an indication of how popular a game is, but in this case it's just showing how many people are interested in the Hot Coffee/Bully controversay issue.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
pj325is said:
Why do people care about this game? The concept is stupid and it is ugly as sin. Rockstar should have put the resources from this colossal time waste into a game people will actually play instead of just debate over; THE NEXT GEN GTA

I'm quite interested in the game because of the concept. If the reviews are positive, it's a purchase for me.

I'm quite sure Rockstar has dedicated the right amount of staff to the next GTA, so don't worry about that.

littlewig

Banned
It's nice that Rockstar provides software for people with low self-esteem.

"Rockstar, we care about your well being"

I think the only thing that will be "controversial" about the Warriors game is how badly Rockstar screwed up a sure thing.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
FortNinety said:
I think the only thing that will be "controversial" about the Warriors game is how badly Rockstar screwed up a sure thing.

Uh oh. What makes you say that? I've only seen video of the thing, and while it has that Rockstar graphical style (underwhelming) the gameplay looked like it might hold up.

Top Bottom