• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most unhealthy food you've seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Fried Snickers...... wtf

fried_snickers.jpg

bjork

Claim Jumper Motherlode cake. It's in the frozen food section, and is 500 calories per slice, 6 slices per box.

i was thinking of those fried snickers/twinkies rednecks eat at county fairs as soon as i saw this thread. Just seeing those on tv made me want to vomit.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Carl Jr's Low Carb Breakfast Bowl. Wish I could find a pic.

The Breakfast Bowl contains two scrambled eggs, a sausage patty, a slice of Swiss cheese, and a "Loaded Omelet" made with sausage, crumbled bacon, diced ham, and cheddar cheese. The dish is then topped with more crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese and served in a 20 oz. plastic bowl. The bowl costs $2.99.

Edit: Just reading about it gives me the feeling of a giant rock sitting in my stomach.

xabre

Banned
Claim Jumper Motherlode cake. It's in the frozen food section, and is 500 calories per slice, 6 slices per box.

And people wonder why obesity is reaching epidemic proportions. If some company released a 10kg tubs of chocolate chip pig fat people would still buy it.

xabre

Banned
You really gotta wonder how people can stuff down that sort of filth. Sad thing is, the companies that make this kind of shit aren't going out of business which means this stuff sells and must sell well.

Dude, haven't you ever seen the hungry man xl, some of them have over 1000% of your daily sodium content. A lb and a half of tv dinner, no wonder this country is full of fat asses.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ConfusingJazz said:
Dude, haven't you ever seen the hungry man xl, some of them have over 1000% of your daily sodium content. A lb and a half of tv dinner, no wonder this country is full of fat asses.

I have, but the Nutritional Facts weren't readily available on the net, and the article I linked to is some of the funniest writing I have ever read, so I went with it.

I'm glad I made it a habit to read the Nutritional Facts of damn near anything I eat. I am definitely living a lot healthier because of it.

Wellington said:
I have, but the Nutritional Facts weren't readily available on the net, and the article I linked to is some of the funniest writing I have ever read, so I went with it.
X-Entertainment certainly has a way with words. I can only take so much of it at a time, but it's great when I can.

I'm glad I made it a habit to read the Nutritional Facts of damn near anything I eat. I am definitely living a lot healthier because of it.
Yeah. I'm afraid, though, that now whenever I see something unhealthy I'll say to myself "Well, it's only one-fourth as bad as a Hungry Man breakfast."

Chittagong

Gold Member
I'm laughing so hard that tears are coming out of my eyes. I can't believe this shit is real. Check this out:

Product Information

The only male brand you need. "I know what I like and I like a lot of it." "It's good to be full."

Hungry-Man offers 13 dinners, 1 breakfast, 2 sandwiches, 4 super sized dinners and 2 pot pies for a total of 22 items.

hungry-man_collage.jpg

1973 - Introduces Hungry-Man, larger portions of meat for bigger appetites and ("stick to your ribs" foods)... introduced by Mean Joe Greene.

Introduces XXL and Hearty Heroes (2002)

Hungry-Man appears on "Cribs" and "King of Queens"

http://www.swansonmeals.com/products/hungry-man_frameset.html

belgurdo

Banned
Remember when Disney's Hercules came out, and McDonald's released the Triple Cheeseburger as a cross promotion? My family and I used to eat those all the time. What were we thinking?

Greekboy

Banned
belgurdo said:
Remember when Disney's Hercules came out, and McDonald's released the Triple Cheeseburger as a cross promotion? My family and I used to eat those all the time. What were we thinking?

LMAO. Same thing I was thinking when I had a quarterpounder combo, cheeseburger, another quarterpounder, an apple pie and 2 banana muffins at 4am on Sunday morning?

God I hate weed because of those damn munchies!

SyNapSe

goodcow said:
That Hungry Man dinner should be illegal. Christ.

I can't believe anyone would buy that thing. WTF!? These people don't even look at the nutrition info? I've seen some things that rated bad for you, but never anything like that..

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Lisa Lashes said:
LMAO. Same thing I was thinking when I had a quarterpounder combo, cheeseburger, another quarterpounder, an apple pie and 2 banana muffins at 4am on Sunday morning?
I just can't believe my eyes 0_o

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I once was grilling up a bratwurst, realized I was out of bread, so I took two day old pieces of pizza, and slapped the sausage between them. Quite delicious, but it probably knocked a day off my lifespan.

chimpychi

Did you have to pound your chest and heart to finish???..

GDGF

Soothsayer
A friend of mine wanted to fry porkchops one night. We didn't have any oil, so we just used butter :)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
chimpychi said:
Did you have to pound your chest and heart to finish???..

A lot of you people are great at over exaggerating. A lot of this food is by no means healthy, but I've eaten a lot of crap that was by no means healthy. I'm slightly overweight at this point, and have been working to change that, but still, I'll eat something bizarre or over the top every once in a while for the hell of it. (Granted, it has to be interesting, like I'll eat wasabi ice cream before I'll eat that Hungry Man shit, there's interesting crazy food, and then there's just killing yourself.) Plus, there's also the fun of making it (my stint with chicken soda for example).
Needless to say, pulling off the occasional stunt of eating a shit load of unhealthy food is by no means impressive or gonna kill you on the spot.

Prospero

If you're in NYC, go to a restaurant called "A Salt And Battery" (on 2nd Ave., at 5th St, I think). Anyway, they sell deep fried Mars bars there, and they actually import the Mars bars from England because the American ones aren't sweet enough. Those things are disgusting, but OH SO TASTY.

Zaptruder

Banned
You guys sound like you're unfamiliar with the concept of all-you-can-eat ...

if you calculated all the calories you're eating with that gorging... hohoho.

DaveH

If by "unhealthy" you mean "risk of dying" versus "truck-load of fat and calories" (like everyone seems to be interperting it), then there are plenty of dangerous foods from fugu fish to snake venom drinks.

Don't drink that Kool-Aid.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Bennigans - the Monte Cristo

If you wanna shit black oil and have the power to drink a 5th of the cheapest vodka you can find then eat one of these the day before.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
DEEP FRIED MARS BARS????

You know, as an Euro monkey this thread boogles my mind. It is just insane. Are these kind of foods popular over the US or just curiosities for the gluttons?

And I used to feel guilty for eating cured ham with his white fat...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It is just insane. Are these kind of foods popular over the US or just curiosities for the gluttons?

No. They really aren't popular...

The "health food" craze has actually gotten out of control IMO. People are trying to correct old habits by going way too far in the other direction. In all honesty, I've never even HEARD about some of the things mentioned in this thread.

Remember, this thread is about the most unhealthy food you might have encountered...so of course you'll see some nasty candidates. That doesn't mean they are common or popular...

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
That's better, I've heard about deep fried chocolate bars before and I thought it was a new craze or something...

My contribution to this thread: If you ever go to Turkey never, never eat fish (or even better, never eat nothing outside the hotel) I learnt that my friend's dinner was fished on the local bay, which was so heavily poluted you couldn't see nothing a few cms. under the water surface, it was a total mess of oil and chemical foam. He got a terribly bad case of vomits and explosive diarrhea which lasted two weeks.

Prospero

Funky Papa said:
DEEP FRIED MARS BARS????

You know, as an Euro monkey this thread boogles my mind. It is just insane. Are these kind of foods popular over the US or just curiosities for the gluttons?

FYI, deep fried Mars Bars were "invented" in Scotland. That's the other reason the restaurant imports them--authenticity.

Now I'm remembering the first time I had one of those. A friend of mine dragged me into the place late one night--it's a hole in the wall with a few tables, a counter to order food, and a little kitchen with a couple of fry cooks. Everyone working there is English and has a Cockney accent.

My friend: "Make a deep fried Mars bar for this man."
Me: "I'm not eating that thing--you're crazy."
Fry cook (a scrawny unshaven guy who's drinking a can of Boddington's): "No. You got to eat the deep fried Mars bar. You got to show your belly who's boss."

The restaurant also has "traditional" British cuisine--bangers and mash, those runny baked beans, etc. They even serve a "giant deep fried banger," which is a little too hardcore for me. Their fish and chips are choice, though.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
DonasaurusRex said:
Bennigans - the Monte Cristo

If you wanna shit black oil and have the power to drink a 5th of the cheapest vodka you can find then eat one of these the day before.

Try though I may, I can never get through an entire Monte Cristo in one sitting at Bennigans, but that doesn't stop me from shoving it in a to-go container, reheating it the following morning, and getting several grease-squirting bites of sweet, expedited death before starting my work day. Mmm, tasty.

I think the Texas State Fair is the world's best example of experimental frying techniques. They have advanced from the Fried Mars Bar to the Fried Snickers Bar, then starting dabbling in Fried Twinkies, and, as of last year, they expanded past the bar shaped materials into round shapes in the form of Fried Oreoes. America is proud and having a fucking heart attack.

While I admit the fried oreo was good, I will never eat it again. I could only eat one of the three they give to you, and the smell of a frier after that almost made me vomit for two weeks after that.

Another thing, anybody remember that site that showed the guy eating a 16-ple 16-ple or something at in-n-out? That was a true thing of beauty.

Ecrofirt

The worst I've ever done was probably either one of these two choices:

1) The day of my last football game, I went out to McDonalds for lunch with my girlfriend. I ordered myself a Super-Sized #4 (double quarter-pounder meal), and a dollar menu double cheese burger. I finished eating it before she was done with her small meal. BIG MISTAKE. Good lord, was Iever sick at that football game.

So, let's go over the contents of that meal again.
1 double quarter pounder
1 double cheeseburger
1 supersize fry
1 supersize drink
1 month less of my life

2) My other crazy eating story happened on the way home from a school trip. I decided to see how many of the dollar menu double cheeseburgers I could eat, so I ordered 10 of them. I ate 5 on the bus home. The next day, I ate 3 of them, and the day after that I ate the remaining 2.

I'm such an idiot sometimes.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
tedtropy said:
Try though I may, I can never get through an entire Monte Cristo in one sitting at Bennigans, but that doesn't stop me from shoving it in a to-go container, reheating it the following morning, and getting several grease-squirting bites of sweet, expedited death before starting my work day. Mmm, tasty.

yeah no shit man , i like them cold myself then the lubricating warm sense of life draining deep fried ham and turkey greese isnt so heart inhibiting. I got thru half and save the rest for a cold midnight snack. I do miss having the rasberry jelly though :(

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
The Taco Bell Marathon*

2 teams of 4 - each team orders 1 of everything on the menu. The first team to finish it all wins.

The whole ordeal took nearly an hour, with several guys taking a dump during it and one guy going outside to puke. It was great. Also, this was a pledging / hazing task, so the unwilling participation of everyone involved just made it sweeter.

*Note: This was completed 4 years ago, when the menu was smaller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom