• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most unhealthy food you've seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ge-man

Wellington said:
yucky.gif

Unbe-fucking-lievable.

Wow, that's half of a day's recommened caloric intake. I won't even comment on the calories from fat.

Just wow...

OmniGamer

I'm convinced that some people who have shoveled this crap down their throats have died some time ago and are really just masses of fat, animated by whatever chemicals cause scrambled eggs to look and taste like styrofoam.

calder

I've had the Swanson's breakfast once before (except the potatoes, I don't like hashbrowns) as a weekend early afternoon brunch type meal, it was great! The pancakes were the best part, and bacon is always great when you're hung over. Obviously, eating one every day would probably kill you in a year, and it was by far my biggest meal of the day, but it's not *that* bad. It's like going to a sports bar and having a giant pile of BBQ chicken wings and a half dozen beers with your friends - it's not a great idea health-wise to do it every week but it's not exactly the culinary suicide pill some of you fusspots are making it out to be. ;P

As far as the topic goes, the worst food I eat (semi-regularly) is poutine. Sure, french fries aren't that good to begin with, and yes smothering them with cheese and gravy doesn't help, but goddamn it's a great late-night snack.

ge-man

calder said:
I've had the Swanson's breakfast once before (except the potatoes, I don't like hashbrowns) as a weekend early afternoon brunch type meal, it was great! The pancakes were the best part, and bacon is always great when you're hung over. Obviously, eating one every day would probably kill you in a year, and it was by far my biggest meal of the day, but it's not *that* bad. It's like going to a sports bar and having a giant pile of BBQ chicken wings and a half dozen beers with your friends - it's not a great idea health-wise to do it every week but it's not exactly the culinary suicide pill some of you fusspots are making it out to be. ;P

As far as the topic goes, the worst food I eat (semi-regularly) is poutine. Sure, french fries aren't that good to begin with, and yes smothering them with cheese and gravy doesn't help, but goddamn it's a great late-night snack.

Don't get me wrong about the Swanson thing. I'm more surprised about the size of it. I don't expect people to have one everyday--there are easier ways of killing yourself.

aoi tsuki

belgurdo said:
Yeah, honestly...a lot of you should just stop pretending you eat nothing but salad
You caught me. My mom is a health nut, and i've been vegetarian for about eight years now, so i couldn't fathom eating some of the stuff you guys posted.

Worst for me was a gew years ago. There wasn't any cooked food in the house, and i was too lazy to make anything, so i ate some crushed up ramen flavored with the seasoning pack and sesame oil, 2/3 of a platic can of chocolate frosting, and some strawberry jello dust.

joe250

I had an old roommate back in college who was training for some sort of martial arts tournament thingy - he basically had to grapple with his opponent until they submitted. Anyways, he ate constantly during his training and one friday night I was 'mellowing out' and got very hungry. I challenged him to a whopper eating contest - we went to the nearby BK and ordered up 12 double whoppers, to make sure we had enough.

There was no time limit - the only rule was that we had to keep eating at a steady pace. Loser had to pay for the whoppers.

I ended up putting down 5 double whoppers in about 20-25 minutes - he put down 4 then gave up.

Yep - I reached another low point that evening.

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
This topic is making me feel bad for my eating habits over the past two weeks (due to packing and research taking up time). :(

So....lazy....I think I've managed to stave off scrwwing my progress in weight loss though by making sure I eat it earlier in the day and not like eating fast food and stuff three times a day....

EDIT: Geez, it's not like you guys are eating two large (hand tossed) pizzas in one sitting. **cough**

Or a whole box of Rice Krispies worth of RK Treats in one sitting....

Or 50 wings with a large order of curly fries....

Or multiple 40 oz hulks from Smoothie King....

Or....

OmniGamer

Future Trunks said:
This topic is making me feel bad for my eating habits over the past two weeks (due to packing and research taking up time). :(

So....lazy....I think I've managed to stave off scrwwing my progress in weight loss though by making sure I eat it earlier in the day and not like eating fast food and stuff three times a day....

EDIT: Geez, it's not like you guys are eating two large (hand tossed) pizzas in one sitting. **cough**

Or a whole box of Rice Krispies worth of RK Treats in one sitting....

Or 50 wings with a large order of curly fries....

Or multiple 40 oz hulks from Smoothie King....

Or....

I fear your anus

Greekboy

Banned
Funky Papa said:
I just can't believe my eyes 0_o

I am very serious too. Not that I needed the cardio but I hit the gym the very next day because of the feeling I had in eating what I did. Two weeks before I had 6 hotdogs and 3 sausages at 5:30 am!

FnordChan

Hold on to your chest and tell Elizabeth you're on your way:

003.jpg

To give you an example, Armour's version of this same product (which has an inferior picture but more hard facts to back it up) contians 1,170 percent of your daily recommended cholesterol intake.

Serving suggestion? Scrambled up with some eggs, naturally.

FnordChan

My grandfather's favorite meal used to be scrambled eggs with pig brains.

But then again he grew up in the depression...

On a farm.

You can't really hold that on him, its not quite fair.

calder

Haha, the first thing I thought when I saw the pig brains was "shit the Great Depression must have sucked". I can't even imagine eating pig brains, but maybe if the alternative was eating weeds I'd change my mind. And probably pretty fast.

FnordChan

The joys of pork brains in milk gravy (mjq, your guess is as good as mine) reminded me of an old humor file I had laying around, author unknown:

The 8 Worst Convenience Foods

8. Meeter's Kraut Juice (Stokely USA): Yes, that's sauerkraut juice, which
is even worse than it sounds. The taste and smell can be a bit, well,
harsh, but KJ is reputed by its fans to have certain medicinal benefits (as
a source of vitamin C, cure for intestinal bugs, etc.), which adds up to a
classic case of the cure being worse than the disease.

7. Guycan Corned Mutton with Juices Added (Bedessee Imports): The best
thing about this Uruguayan canned good is the very pouty-looking sheep on
the package label -- he seems to be saying, "Go on, eat me already." The
second-best thing is the presence of both "cooked mutton" and "mutton" in
the ingredients listing, which would seem to have all the mutton bases
covered.

6. Armour Pork Brains in Milk Gravy (Dial Corp.): If you're really looking
to clog up those arteries in a hurry, you'll be pleased to learn that a
single serving of pork brains has 1,170 percent of our recommended daily
cholesterol intake. All the more ingenious, then, that the label on this
product helpfully features a recipe for brains and scrambled eggs.

5. Sweet Sue Canned Whole Chicken (Sweet Sue Kitchens, Inc.): From its size
(think growth-impaired Cornish hen) to its overall appearance (it's stewed
in a quivering mass of aspic goop), this product may change forever your
idea of what constitutes a chicken. Gives new meaning to the old line about
meat "falling off the bone."

4. Musk Life Savers (Nestle Confectionery): You may think musk is a scent,
but over in Australia, they think it's a candy flavor. A candy flavor that
tastes disturbingly like raw meat, to be precise. But what did you expect
from a country where everyone happily consumes Vegemite?

3. Blind Robins Smoked Ocean Herring (recently discontinued by Bar Food
Products): Possibly the world's most bizarre prepackaged tavern snack.
Interestingly, the product's titular robin isn't actually blind, he's
blindfolded -- the better, presumably, to avoid looking at these heavily
salted herring strips, which look like giant slugs.

2. Kylmaenen Reindeer Pate` (Kylmaenen Oy): This Finnish canned good may
not be particulary tasty, but at least it answers the age-old question of
why Rudolph was so eager for that safe, steady job on Santa's sleigh team--
he didn't want to end up a cracker spread.

1. Tengu Clam Jerky (Tengu Co.): Nothing you've ever consumed can prepare
you for the horror that is clam jerky. Still, this product does score a
sort of conceptual coup: If you're the sort who's always found raw clams
too slimy and gelatinous for your taste, these dried, shriveled mollusks
will help you dislike clams on a whole new level.

FnordChan

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
First you take mojellas, which is a gland or something from a cow, called Sweet Breads in american butchers

mollejas.jpg

then you wrap tripas (intestines) around them

tripas1.jpg

and grill on high heat. Can't remember the name of this dish, but it's damn good.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
levious said:
Can't remember the name of this dish, but it's damn good.
It is called choto, but the original spanish recipe is better ;)

Grilled lamb intestines with olive oil and garlic. Yummi.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
belgurdo said:
Yeah, honestly...a lot of you should just stop pretending you eat nothing but salad

Not quite. It's a careful balance between eating right and splurging every now and then.

I'm actually more disturbed by the "With Milk Gravy" subtitle. What's milk gravy?

It's, uh, gravy. Made with milk. I guess it's something that's not common outside of the United States, altough I can't see why it wouldn't be. It's not exactly an exotic dish. It's just grease and milk.

It's also much tastier than that description.

Denny's has this breakfast sandwich called the "Breakfast Dagwood".

Shaved ham, scrambled eggs with sausage, bacon and three cheeses, stacked inside Boule bread. Served with hash browns or French fries.

I don't go to Denny's all that often (maybe once a year, and that's being generous) so I don't mind ordering this cardiac arrest on a plate. It's fattening as fuck, I'm sure it has the caloric and fat intake for a good week or so, but it's sooooooo good.

I love them Sausage, Egg, And Chesse McGriddles. Yummy. Oh, and there's this local Mexican restaurant that I had fried ice cream at once. It was very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom