• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movie to Video Game Adaptations?

SnapShot

Hi everyone

Recently I finished the fantastic game Alien Isolation and it's DLCs, I really enjoyed exploring Sevastopol Station and how faithful the game tried to be to the source material, It felt like I was living through the original movie, that got me wondering, what other Movie to Video Game Adaptations are out there?

Let me hear your suggestions, doesn't matter if they're great or not so great, I'll take them all, Thanks in advance.

Eimran

These are my favorites

hibYRTf.jpg

uWZ5LLS.jpg

ugOmv3k.jpg

9q6Ofsw.jpg

Alx

I only had 3 games or so on Megadrive (Genesis), but I really enjoyed the Demolition Man game :

Not very subtle but entertaining, especially with all the Stallone grunting sound effects.

Holgren

Just pick up The Warriors and come out to play-yay.

The prequel story to the movie is very good and I was shocked when I realized how little we see of Cleon in the OG movie since he was my favorite character. I love that game.

Obligatory:

Last edited:

Cravis

Long post but cue Joker “here we go” gif

TJZL7bj.png

Batman Forever the arcade game

Lambasted at the time of its release it’s just an insane beat em up. It’s chaotic and repetitive but I enjoyed it.

LlYmxLE.jpg

I will defend this and Nightmare on Elm St till the grave. Once you figure out what to do the day is a blast. Has some catchy albeit repetitive music that will get stuck in your head.

66TFu0H.jpg

And here is Freddy. Made by Rare I still enjoy this one to this day. The awake to sleep mechanic is pretty cool. I would have loved to seen the version that had you playing as Freddy.

hwfwAb9.jpg

Friday the 13th again??!? It’s janky, online play with strangers sucks now, but it NAILS the source material. I was so glad they implemented single player challenges. It’s a damn shame the Friday lawsuit stopped them from implementing the Grendel ship map and Jason X

OuvYsqd.jpg

This one surprised the HELL out of me. I went in with a chip on my shoulder wanting to hate it because the developers previously made the turd called Rambo: The Game.if you are a fan of the first 2 movies future war scenes then I don’t think we are going to get much better than this. By no means a AAA title it does need to be in any hardcore Terminator fans collection.

SgBsCTw.png

Die Hard Arcade ‘nuff said

hoaprqG.jpg

I think the consensus is this one sucks but I disagree. As a fan of the big guy I enjoyed it. He controls like a tank, which is fine, I don’t expect him to control like a fast character. He is a hulking decimation of humanity on two legs. Also holy hell I did not realize how expensive the physical copy of this had gotten. One of the last physical PS4 games I got before switching to digital and I am glad I got it.

JtVZa9d.jpg

When everyone says this is the third movie, they ain’t kidding. I don’t think you can get that much more praise for a licensed game. So glad this was made before Ramis passed away.

TexMex

Roger_Rabbit_NES.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Couple more of my favorites. Not sure how well Roger Rabbit would hold up but I remember thinking it was pretty novel at the time.

The Rocketeer I've played recently and its still good side scrolling action fun.

kiphalfton

Spider-Man 2 hand-to-hand combat hasn't held up well, but the swinging is still very good. Played it all thr way through like a year ago.

Larxia

Not sure how well this aged, but this is one of my fondest gaming memories from my childhood, I really loved this game, as well as the sequel Prisoner of Azkaban, both amazing games with a great atmosphere. I'd like to play them again at some point but the emulation on them has been pretty bad so far.

FdHg2AU.jpg

A.Romero

Roger_Rabbit_NES.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Couple more of my favorites. Not sure how well Roger Rabbit would hold up but I remember thinking it was pretty novel at the time.

The Rocketeer I've played recently and its still good side scrolling action fun.

Wow, Rocketeer. I haven't thought about that in a long time. Remember liking it a lot and finding it difficult (I was a kid so maybe my skills were lacking). Am afraid of trying it again and ruining the nostalgia.

637443-926493_62888_front.jpg

The matrix path of neo
I played it years ago and I remember I enjoyed it so much.

Jackie chan stuntmaster and jet li rise to honour
not based on movies, but they were good games about well known actors!
Also james bond everything or nothing
I played it on original xbox and I remember it was so much fun!

I don't need to mention disney games on 90s.

TexMex

Wow, Rocketeer. I haven't thought about that in a long time. Remember liking it a lot and finding it difficult (I was a kid so maybe my skills were lacking). Am afraid of trying it again and ruining the nostalgia.

Right there with you, but it holds up surprisingly well! Cool side scrolling shooter, always dug the jetpack mechanic. Really dig the music too. It's antiquated as hell but it won't make you gag like some others do when you revisit them.

Also - super underrated movie!!

Top Bottom